VOOM: Promo Gone! New Prices...

You know I think that the price increases may not be over. If you read the fine print on the VOOM site it is telling:

"VOOM Package
$49.90 per month
Includes 21 VOOM Exclusive HD channels, more than 50 of cable's most watched channels, plus 18 music channels. For a limited time at no extra charge, also includes HD MarqueePack (featuring Bravo HD+, TNT in HD and Discovery HD Theater) and the VOOM SportsPack (featuring ESPN HD, Fox Sports World, The Tennis Channel, The Golf Channel and Fuel)."

http://www.voom.com/get_it/offerDetails.jsp

ChetK said:
Right! It had nothing to do with the poor/missed installs, rain fade, buggy software, poor billing structure or inferior picture quality. :rolleyes:

ChetK, read again my sentence that you quoted. You’re talking about different group of people. :)

andrzej said:
Because some whiners hate popcorn...
Not this whiner, I love popcorn. There's nothing (aside from a hot woman) that's better than curling up with a hot bowl of fresh popped popcorn dripping with butter and a beer to watch a MonstersHD movie on my bigscreen. :D

I made changes today

I removed the PBTV from my package and was told that the only difference is if you start changing your Base pkg. For example, she said, if you go from Voom to Va-Va Voom (or vice versa), you'll pay the new price. However, removing PBTV, switching from HBO pak to Showtime Pak or adding/removing an STB will not change the $79.90 VVV or the $39.90 Voom Pkg. Hope this helps (if it's true).

I hope they dont give me ne trouble when activating my acct (installer comes tomorrow morning, i should be ok since i signed up when they had the 0 down 39.90 package) but with the horror stories of CSR well see.

Don't forget soon VOOM will have themselves new satellite real estate to play with. I bet they will fill out the SD channel lineup (probably another reason why they raised prices on the basic package so they can be like the top packages of DIRECTV/Dish).

andrzej said:
Voom is trying different strategies. They tried zero $ down and no installation cost, and apparently it didn't work as expected. As somebody said here earlier, some people tried it just for the heck of it knowing that there is nothing to lose. Many of those casuals are dropping and bad mouthing Voom because they didn't do their homework and their indispensible Food or shopping channel is missing. I bet that charging $199 for install will significantly reduce the turnover rate. I also believe that Voom should not compete with D* or E* for every possible customer out there. . .

I understand Voom is trying different strategies. I was one of the many that tried it with nothing to lose. At the time I switched, Voom was a bargain, getting more for my money. With the base price increases, I lose the flexibility to decide what packages I want during different seasons. If I change, I get assessed a penalty. I don't blame Voom for this: they decided they needed to charge more and I decided I didn't want to pay it.

I love the idea of Voom. I never had a problem with PQ: never. I did not get a lot of use out of the 21 Voom originals, only using Rave and WorldSport with any regularity. Here in Eastern NC at the outset of the heart of hurricane season, I saw signal strength being a problem. Today, I completely lost the satellite signal six times. Yes, there's a tropical depression off the coast, but I got through several very severe hurricanes hardly ever losing signal when I was with DirecTV.

So, for now, I'm going back to Cable. They can offer me a dual tuner HD DVR now. They can offer all the same channels that I actually watched for less money and less signal loss.

I have received perfect customer support throughout my dealing with Voom. I have no complaint whatsoever with the product except my ability to use it effectively in my location. I wish it weren't necessary to cancel but it was and I did. I thank you all for the great amount of help you've been during my six weeks of Vooming.

agregjones said:
IYes, there's a tropical depression off the coast, but I got through several very severe hurricanes hardly ever losing signal when I was with DirecTV.

Off topic but wouldn't your dish blow off in a hurricane??

Idiocy 101

vurbano said:
How is the next generation 921 going to give you more HD channels? LMAO The smart money is on a move to D* I think.
When did I ever intimate that getting the 921 would give me more HD channels?? Why dont you just keep your stupid comments to yourself if you're not going to comprehend what you read?. I'll repeat myself for idiots such as yourself: "I will drop VOOM and save the money to get a 921 (or whatever) from Dish Network." Where in that sentence do you get the idea that I am getting a 921 to increase my HD channels? HUH? I cant hear you! Myabe you're not understanding my question. That's probably it.

Sean Mota said:
Whomever is crying now that VOOM does not carry their SD channels, please leave. If you don't do your homework before jumping the gun on a product is your fault and nobody else. Voom did not promise you that they will have your favorite SD channels. They promised that they will have 50+ favorite SD channels. "favorite" could mean anything.

In my opinion I don't want SD channels. If care about them go to the others. I want VOOM to concentrate on HD channels. I am tired of crappy compressed channels SD channels. Good luck with your shopping NBC... Scif-Fi, HGTV, a waste of crappy compressed channels in my book.

Please if you decide to leave post once that you have.... don't post the same bickering remarks that you left in 5 different threads. Some of us don't want to read the same thing all over. If you left, I applaude you because you decide to vote with your wallet. Go on and enjoy what you are paying for but don't try to make life misserable for everyone else by reading your remarks all over the place.

Hey the fact of the matter is that the most watched channels out there currently are in sd.
Voom is filled with fan boys.... " Voom just raised the prices. Woot Woot.." " Voom programming sux but hey its in HD woot woot."

You guys make me say hahah

HDTV is being rushed by Voom leaving regular (non-fanboy) consumer unsatisfied.

Sean, Let Voom drop ALL SD channels and see if they make a bloody nickle!

You like many others have two SAT providers to fill the need to have SD channels- so give those a break to those who want them.

I'd much rather see the SD providers give us HD channels, HGTV, SCFI, etc.

But then, Voom would compress the hell out of them and they be almsot as bad as SD.

JimP said:
...and why exactly do you think DTV won't charge more if they add more HD channels?

I don't care if they do, Voom is losing it's chance to be a HD leader. The Voom HD channels don't come close to HDnet and HDmovies

medicalwaste said:
hi.. im thinking about going back to Dtv after 1 month of voom. where did you purchase HD300? i live in LA but no stores have it anymore.. plus how much was it when you made the purchase? did it also come with 3 lnb for HD? i only have regular lnb from old time. thanks for the help in advance..

I got it from a local dealer here in Santa Monica who happens to be a friend as well. He ran out of them in June and had to call in a favor from Sony to get one. I had a SAT-HD200 before, so I had the three LNB already installed. I just had to hook it up. I still have Voom because I'm paid through the middle of the month. I will only miss HBOHDW.

You might be able to get the SAT 300 at Crutchfield. or do a internet search. My friend does have the LG (LG makes the SAT300) for 349.00 with new activation. PM me for the number if you want it.

Seawaves said:
Karl,

You may have seen my post earlier today, I'm about to bail, love my new Sony DTV HD box. Did Voom offer you a few months free to stay?

Good luck man.

Yes they did that 2 months ago when I first called to cancel, I took the offer and nothing changed except now the picture and sound breaks up all the time.

I got called for a phone survey recently and gave them tumbs down, the guy told me everyone was giving the same response.

Sean Mota said:
Whomever is crying now that VOOM does not carry their SD channels, please leave. If you don't do your homework before jumping the gun on a product is your fault and nobody else. Voom did not promise you that they will have your favorite SD channels. They promised that they will have 50+ favorite SD channels. "favorite" could mean anything.

In my opinion I don't want SD channels. If care about them go to the others. I want VOOM to concentrate on HD channels. I am tired of crappy compressed channels SD channels. Good luck with your shopping NBC... Scif-Fi, HGTV, a waste of crappy compressed channels in my book.

Please if you decide to leave post once that you have.... don't post the same bickering remarks that you left in 5 different threads. Some of us don't want to read the same thing all over. If you left, I applaude you because you decide to vote with your wallet. Go on and enjoy what you are paying for but don't try to make life misserable for everyone else by reading your remarks all over the place.

I post that about 2 months ago when I first decided to leave.

You are wrong Mr. Smartass , when I called in to order Voom I was specificly told that they HAD HGTV already, just one of the many pieces of information voom gives out.

I don't care if you don't want to hear about SD, these forums are for information and not to please just you. You have always been pissy about anyone who posted anything negative about Voom. Your book doesn't have many pages just like Voom doesn't have much worth watching. :p

Karl said:
I got called for a phone survey recently and gave them tumbs down, the guy told me everyone was giving the same response.

Oh sure Karl. Everybody hates Voom. If this nonsense makes you feel better and you need it to corroborate your decision to cancel Voom than believe it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)