VOOM: Promo Gone! New Prices...

hahahahah
VOOM was way to over-hyped
I guess they are targeting the rich
hehe
Most of us will have to say hello to dish or dtv
:)

Karl said:
Voom can raise there prices all they want but untill they have a more complete SD line up they are screwed. I canceled tonight, the reason was there is no way I would pay 95 bucks a month to get all voom has and not have many of the channels I like to watch. For me no ShopNBC, for my wife no HGTV. My wife has never watched Voom. We have it for 3 months but her channels are not on Voom. DTV have all we want for less money. And no it does not cost more when I add the HD package. DTV is only $64 for what I want with HD and only $52 if I just go with my locals in HD via my antenna. I can upgrade later when DTV gets more HD later this year. The basic package on Voom is $50 with holes in it's line up, and no PPV.

Also my old Toshiba HD box never gave me any problems. I never had to reset it and and my kids never had to wait for me to come home to fix it for them.

Adios Voom, it wasn't fun.

Karl,

You may have seen my post earlier today, I'm about to bail, love my new Sony DTV HD box. Did Voom offer you a few months free to stay?

Good luck man.

They probably didn't just target the rich. I am currently attending college and since I have gotten Voom, 10 of my friends have gotten it. Not that all of them have HD, but for the most part its cheaper then cable and was also cheaper then dish and dtv. The fact that it was no commitment, just helped to seal the deal. I'll stick it out with Voom, they seem to be at least making an effort and listen to customers (in my opinion).

My local cable company charged me 102.00 dollars for basic HD and one movie channel. Also I was only getting six HD channels from my local cable company. I think Voom prices are reasonable and getting more HD for the the buck.

mattyro said:
Are we all aware of VOOM"S new price policy?? IF ANY CHANGE WHATSOEVER is made on your account, you will be subject to the new price structure: $49.99 for VOOM and $19.99 for each movie channel!! How do you like them apples?? I wanted to switch from Showtime to Starz and even that simple change would have changed my fees. So I guess I will have Showtime the whole while I have VOOM or I will have no VOOM. This gives me serious contemplation to save the money and wait for the next generation 921,922, or whatever they will call it.
How is the next generation 921 going to give you more HD channels? LMAO The smart money is on a move to D* I think.

Seawaves said:
Well, Voom sure has me happy that I re-joined DirecTV.

Bought the Sony SAT-HD300 (smacks the stuffing out of the junk Moto box) got the Sunday Ticket (many HD games! and Voom can't compete here) got the best DTV package FREE for four months and added HD pack for ten bucks.

Say what you will guys- but with Vooms insane price increases and IF DTV adds a bunch of HD channels, (real ones- not like Cinema refried 10 crap) Voom will be washed up.

Clearly Cablevision is losing faith in Voom. Just liek I have.

...and why exactly do you think DTV won't charge more if they add more HD channels?

Whomever is crying now that VOOM does not carry their SD channels, please leave. If you don't do your homework before jumping the gun on a product is your fault and nobody else. Voom did not promise you that they will have your favorite SD channels. They promised that they will have 50+ favorite SD channels. "favorite" could mean anything.

In my opinion I don't want SD channels. If care about them go to the others. I want VOOM to concentrate on HD channels. I am tired of crappy compressed channels SD channels. Good luck with your shopping NBC... Scif-Fi, HGTV, a waste of crappy compressed channels in my book.

Please if you decide to leave post once that you have.... don't post the same bickering remarks that you left in 5 different threads. Some of us don't want to read the same thing all over. If you left, I applaude you because you decide to vote with your wallet. Go on and enjoy what you are paying for but don't try to make life misserable for everyone else by reading your remarks all over the place.

I could not agree more Sean, the future of television is HD. I like a few SD channels but if it means poorer quality HD then I could care less if they got rid of every SD channel. I bought an HDTV to watch HDTV and I subscribed to VOOM because they offer the most HDTV available. If they are going to be the leader then they need to step up and be the HD leader and stop trying to cater to everyone and be everything. Like you pointed out, if someone can't live without SCI-FI, etc., or the wife has to have Lifetime (mine has not died without it) then they need to get cable or another sat. provider for those channels. I am also really frustrated by the attitude of the local stations in regards to HDTV, the gov. has gave them a standard to adapt to and they are just dragging their feet or watering down the signal with all those multicasts. My locals have the capabilities to broadcast at 1000kW but are doing around 1.6kW for their digital signal, with football coming up it is just sad that they won't crank it up. I know this is off-topic but it can get really frustrating waiting for everyone to get serious about HDTV.

kaw

Sean Mota said:
Whomever is crying now that VOOM does not carry their SD channels, please leave. If you don't do your homework before jumping the gun on a product is your fault and nobody else. Voom did not promise you that they will have your favorite SD channels. They promised that they will have 50+ favorite SD channels. "favorite" could mean anything.

In my opinion I don't want SD channels. If care about them go to the others. I want VOOM to concentrate on HD channels. I am tired of crappy compressed channels SD channels. Good luck with your shopping NBC... Scif-Fi, HGTV, a waste of crappy compressed channels in my book.

Please if you decide to leave post once that you have.... don't post the same bickering remarks that you left in 5 different threads. Some of us don't want to read the same thing all over. If you left, I applaude you because you decide to vote with your wallet. Go on and enjoy what you are paying for but don't try to make life misserable for everyone else by reading your remarks all over the place.
I totally agree with everything you said! I can't believe people would sign up for a service that lists exactly which channels it carries on it's website, and then complain that they don't have them later. Makes no sense whatsoever. And on top if it, to complain about the lack of SD programming from a company that positions itself as an HD provider is totally silly. :eek:

THat is pretty bad, I can understand a price hike for say Va-Va-Voom or maybe even the premiums, but an all across the board price increase I think takes you out of competition and into the "elite" scene. I'm sure DirectTV's 12 million subs aren't all paying top dollar for their service. I'm willing to be MOST just have the basic system.

This may help them in the short run, but unless come end of the year and they aren't offering 55 HD channels and 100 SD channels for that price who's going to want to join Voom? I wouldn't that's for DAMN sure.

Karl said:
Voom can raise there prices all they want but untill they have a more complete SD line up they are screwed.

This is the dumbest post I've read on these forums in a long time. Quitting Voom for lack of SD programming. Way to support the HD revolution with by demanding the worst looking programming on your TV set! My wife loves HGTV and DIY, we used to get it with Comcast, but when we turned on Equator and Discovery her jaw dropped. It would be *nice* to have HGTV on Voom to watch on the SD TV from time to time, but it isn't something that drives me nuts, are you kidding me?

Now if there was such a thing as HGTV-HD and DIY-HD and Voom just wasn't carrying them, but other companies do, that's a totally different story. That said, if there is a HGTV-HD, DIY-HD, USA-HD, SCIFI-HD, AMC-HD, TBS-HD, and FOX Sports in HD, I'm banking my dollars they will appear on Voom's lineup first or at the same time as other DBS providers, and that's what truly matters.

Like Sean said to pop on on Voom's forum asking for SD is a serious step back into 1991, we want progress and better picture for your programming dollar not the reverse.

I think $49.90 is ridiculous for their base package, regardless of the number of HD channels. I'd like to see them break the programming down into teirs like everyone else, maybe offer a HD pack or a SD pack & mix and match with different packs like the movie packs. They need to drop their movie pack prices as well and offer discounts for multiples like the other providers do. It seems Voom has the cable company mentality going here.

RE: EquatorHD, yeah, my jaw drops when I tune it in as well, only for a different reason: MOSQUITO NOISE & SOFT PQ! I'm wondering, 'What is Voom up to?' and why can't they fix this issue?

Seawaves said:
Well, Voom sure has me happy that I re-joined DirecTV.

Bought the Sony SAT-HD300 (smacks the stuffing out of the junk Moto box) got the Sunday Ticket (many HD games! and Voom can't compete here) got the best DTV package FREE for four months and added HD pack for ten bucks.

Say what you will guys- but with Vooms insane price increases and IF DTV adds a bunch of HD channels, (real ones- not like Cinema refried 10 crap) Voom will be washed up.

Clearly Cablevision is losing faith in Voom. Just liek I have.

hi.. im thinking about going back to Dtv after 1 month of voom. where did you purchase HD300? i live in LA but no stores have it anymore.. plus how much was it when you made the purchase? did it also come with 3 lnb for HD? i only have regular lnb from old time. thanks for the help in advance..

I Can't Believe This. With The New Price Structure I Can Now Consider Myself An Elitist.

I Really Have To Wonder If VOOM Is Going To Charge Us For The New Larger Dish So We Can Receive The Second Sat.?

(Va Va VOOM $89.90) That Actually Makes Sense.
VOOM Package $49.90 & Each PlusPack $19.95 Each WAY WAY TO MUCH!!!!!!

Voom is trying different strategies. They tried zero $ down and no installation cost, and apparently it didn't work as expected. As somebody said here earlier, some people tried it just for the heck of it knowing that there is nothing to lose. Many of those casuals are dropping and bad mouthing Voom because they didn't do their homework and their indispensible Food or shopping channel is missing. I bet that charging $199 for install will significantly reduce the turnover rate. I also believe that Voom should not compete with D* or E* for every possible customer out there. For the foreseeable future D* and E* will cater to millions with non-HD tv sets and who don't give a damn about HD. Voom should concentrate on HD and I don't mind paying a premium for quality HD programming as I didn't when I bought my plasma set. I could've bought HD rptv for 1/5 of the $ I paid for plasma and use the change for several years of programming. :)

wbuffetta said:
(Va Va VOOM $89.90) That Actually Makes Sense.
VOOM Package $49.90 & Each PlusPack $19.95 Each WAY WAY TO MUCH!!!!!!

All the SD voom needs to add IMO is SCIFI and the fox sports... the other channels are a waste IMO.

Not if you could care less about the movie packages.... I never have had hbo for more than 10 weeks (band of brothers). 50% of the movies on the movie channels in HD are cropped which ruins the HD anyways.

Many of those casuals are dropping and bad mouthing Voom because they didn't do their homework and their indispensible Food or shopping channel is missing.
Right! It had nothing to do with the poor/missed installs, rain fade, buggy software, poor billing structure or inferior picture quality. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts