Voom STB questions

pmalve

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Voom audio connections

Does the Voom recxiever come with a optical output for the dolby sound? I only have 1 coax connection on my reciever that I use for my cable box. I have 2 available optical connections I could use. Just trying to get everything set before my install next week. Think I am going to put up ota antenna Sunday. Supposed to be 50 degrees outside. Good day to climb roof.

pmalve said:
Does the Voom recxiever come with a optical output for the dolby sound? I only have 1 coax connection on my reciever that I use for my cable box. I have 2 available optical connections I could use. Just trying to get everything set before my install next week. Think I am going to put up ota antenna Sunday. Supposed to be 50 degrees outside. Good day to climb roof.

It has an optical input, but my installer did not bring an optical cable with him, and I have heard that it is not included, so pick up an extra one if you need it. Interestingly, though, they brought (and left with me) a DVI cable that I coudn't use on my TV. Maybe I can put it up on ebay....

New to Voom

Hello everyone. I just joined this wonderful website and this is my first post. :) I also signed up for Voom for there new offers. Is Voom a good product? I want this to be my only provider, so hopefully they will add Sci-Fi Network soon as well as others. What do you guys think of Voom? Thanks.

atltchguy,

Welcome to the board. In my opinion if you have a HDTV Voom is the way to go. Picture is excellent and with the new additions of hd channels, there's no more watching SD channels for me. See this Thread for a segment of the programming.

New to Voom

Thanks for the info. I will probably do the same and watch only HD. But I do like Sci-Fi. Is there any word when they might add that network? I think, but am not positive they are owned by USA. Thanks again.

Anxiety

Sean Mota said:
Not yet. Don't know about date.

I finally made the jump to V* myself. I am excited, but will feel a whole better once ESPN HD is on, and I hope in the very near near near near near future. :confused: :confused:

Equipment

Is it better to buy the equipment up front or rent it? I can do either. I know the programming would be cheaper if I bought it. I would get more programming. Thanks.

Equipment

That's true. But I'm sure they will have a program to exchange for the DVR if you purchase the equipment.

Voom said there would be an upgrade policy, but have released no details. Suggest that Chris' approach is the safest until there is a specific policy released.

Its about equal to Echostars PQ for SD. In some cases E* PQ is a little bit better.

I think it varies channel to channel, but you should also try the difference between DVI & component cables. Analog component seems to show less of the "grabage in" quality of lower res channels.

Tim

61.5's General Direction

Hey guys,

I would like to know the general direction of the 61.5 sat used by VOOM. The front of my house faces south and DISH Networks 110 and 119 line up pretty much with the dead front part of my house.

Can someone clue me in on the direction I should expect the DISH for VOOM to point?

Bill

If you were a clock with hands facing out to where the LNB is, roughly 3-4 hours to the left (earlier).

dolby 5.1 sound

I would like to connect voom direct to my sound system into 6 imputs( 2 right,2 left,center,sub woofer).What terminals on Voom correspond to these terminals on sound system ? Thanks for your help. Robert