Vooming in Enid, OK...Not pleasant.

Ok txcruiser, this posting is just for you, "I think you stink." Never mind, I though you said, "Please keep posting and "informing the a$$es." Sorry!

Anyway, were you aware the Dictionary of Slang defines Cruiser: Noun. Someone who searches for a sexual encounter. Originates from when U.S. teenagers would 'cruise' around in cars looking to pick up some company. The expression is mainly used on the 'gay' scene. [Orig. U.S. 1950s]

Just an interesting tidbit you requested I share with the masses...not that there is anything wrong with that.

BTW, thanks for the new title!
Genius...

riffjim4069 said:
Ok txcruiser, this posting is just for you, "I think you stink." Never mind, I though you said, "Please keep posting and "informing the a$$es." Sorry!

You are the funniest guy on this board. I'm never leaving as long as you are around.
Let me know when you next perform at the Improv. I want to be there.
An inperson performance of your comedy would be priceless.

Ed,

good luck and keep us posted. If there is another location where you would have a LOS (line of sight), you may try the 24 inches dish and see if that works. Also, I forgot to mention that the problem maybe a bad LNB or a diplexor (if you have a diplexor). I would try the the 24 inchers in another location just to see if it is or not the bad LNB.

Thanks for reply.Yes I have two large trees on my front lawn (south side of the house)

The last installers here said they were not in the way. I have been concerned about even though the line of site of the dish is to the left of them but directly in front of the tilted dish. The satellite is, I understand, in the southeast portion of the sky.

Installs, inc. called finally (I couldn't believe it.....thank you Wilt)
and are trying to have an installer here tomorrow or the next day.
I think if they move the dish to the front of the roof and to the east they would get a better signal. I pray that the installer is different from last time. The last time, the installers helper put the OTA antenna up backwards and had to be told to turn it around.

By the way, are all dishes (the dish and electronic collector device that is mounted in front of the dish) compatible with the Voom receiver box, such as my 24" Dishnetwork 500 dish? In other words a dish is a dish is a dish?

Sean Mota said:
Ed,

good luck and keep us posted. If there is another location where you would have a LOS (line of sight), you may try the 24 inches dish and see if that works. Also, I forgot to mention that the problem maybe a bad LNB or a diplexor (if you have a diplexor). I would try the the 24 inchers in another location just to see if it is or not the bad LNB.

Sean,
From what I remember....(and it is been awhile since I saw an installer) They put in a new diplexor and a new LNB (is that the name of the thingamajig that I call the electronic collector devise mounted in front of the dish?)
They even by-passed the diplexor and went right into the
receiver......and still it occassionally pixalated.

When they come, I am going to suggest that they move the dish to the front of the house to ensure they get a better line of sight east of the trees on the front south lawn.
Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)