w00t! Finally got my system (mostly) complete!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rkrenicki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 11, 2005
I replaced the base for my motorized dish, with the 1 5/8" tri-foot base that came with it.. I slapped the motor on it (first attempt, no fine tuning) and I already captured that elusive G10R bird.. As far as I can tell, I have the whole arc, and I only adjusted the dish elevation slightly (read as 1 or 2 degrees)

I also put up my Phase 2 dish for BEVs audio channels.

So, my total dish count is 5, Simultanious Satellite count at 9 (10 if you count the DBS at 101), and hundreds of channels :D

I have some fine tuning to do with all of the dishes, but at least I have most everything in order for now. I will probably throw up another dish for G10R perminantly (now that I finally found the stupid thing)

BTW.. I am only getting 50% quality on 11720 V 27692 on G10.. is that normal? I am getting 80%+ on the other transponders.. But of course for the two channels I REALLY wanted (Imaginasian, and The Tube) has to have significantly less signal :rolleyes:

50% quality on The Tube's transponder? Is that steady or does it vary between 45 and 60? If it's a steady 50, you're doing VERY well on that transponder!!!

Tron

Man, this mount is doing so much better than the E* mount I was using before.. the weight of the motor and dish does not pull the mount down a few degrees anymore..

I am still having issues with my arc, I think one of the power supplies I put into my franken-receiver is acting up causing some issues, but at least my G10R is working ;)

I can track 119, 121, 123, and 127 without any issues.. going further east, my motor acts up, and wont stop until it hits its limit.. When my "new" Fortec Ultra shows up, I will try it again with that.

I changed out the mount on the dish today, no more u-bolt, hello pole mount. Now I am 100% sure that its centered on the motor!

However, now I have to re-find the arc...

but, I did snap some photos of my whole system. ;)

Pic 1 is on the top roof, the E* and *C dishes. (nothing FTA up there yet) [110, 119, 111.1, 117.3, and 61.5]
Pic 2 is the balcony roof (All FTA) for BEV and the motorized [82, 91, and motorized]
Pic 3 is a closeup of the DiSEqC switch mounted on the back of the Phase II
Pic 4 is a closeup of the motor
Pic 5 is just the Phase II

Attachments

• DSC01852.jpg
    DSC01852.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 261
  • DSC01868.jpg
    DSC01868.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 275
  • DSC01871.jpg
    DSC01871.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 265
  • DSC01869.jpg
    DSC01869.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 274
  • DSC01870.jpg
    DSC01870.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 247
hhhmmm.. in looking at this dish, and arm... it looks like it would be cake to upgrade to 90cm.. just a different reflector and thats it! I can even leave the rest of the mount attached to the motor..

hmmm... food for thought.. ;)

ultatryon said:
hhhmmm.. in looking at this dish, and arm... it looks like it would be cake to upgrade to 90cm.. just a different reflector and thats it! I can even leave the rest of the mount attached to the motor..

hmmm... food for thought.. ;)

won't work for a few reasons

-the brackets are different (see my 36" review for the pictures of the brackets)
-the spacing for the holes are different
-the arm needs to be out farther because of the larger dish

but unlike me, you can have it on the sloping roof :)

I might mount mine to the deck railing...

Are you sure? on the mounting arm, there is another hole, about 2cm down (you can see it in the 4th picture) The angle of the arm may need to be adjusted accordingly..

Well, either way, I can mount one on there without disassembling the polemount or motor.. I put the mount on the motor before attaching the arm and dish this morning... just unbolt the arm from the mount, remove the top dish bolt, and slide the whole thing down and off.

yep I'm sure :)

The arm on my Hotdish 30" and Winegard 30" are the same....the Fortec 36" is a couple inches longer :)

oh well, if I do decide to upgrade it still wont be too PITA to do ;)

wonder what that other hole is there for then..

ultatryon said:
I changed out the mount on the dish today, no more u-bolt, hello pole mount. Now I am 100% sure that its centered on the motor!

However, now I have to re-find the arc...

but, I did snap some photos of my whole system. ;)

Pic 1 is on the top roof, the E* and *C dishes. (nothing FTA up there yet)
Pic 2 is the balcony roof (All FTA) for BEV and the motorized
Pic 3 is a closeup of the DiSEqC switch mounted on the back of the Phase II
Pic 4 is a closeup of the motor
Pic 5 is just the Phase II

phase2 dishes are usefull for something OTHER then DirectTV?? I have one or 2 of them kicking around here.

cralt said:
phase2 dishes are usefull for something OTHER then DirectTV?? I have one or 2 of them kicking around here.

yes they are....

If you so desire, you can set up 4 LNB's at 91/101/110/119 for
-Gol TV on 110
-Audio, NASA, and Angel One on 119
-Audio on ExpressVu
-a dummy LNB...nothing is on 101

Iceberg said:
yes they are....

-Gol TV on 110
-Audio on ExpressVu

Neat. I need to get a real FTA reciver fast...all this stuff out there i never knew about :cool: I just have a dp301(dont think it will show anything but DISH stuff) i just setup with a dish500 today to make sure my cabling and was all set..got NASA ;)

hmm.. I have run into an issue here...

My DGHH990 motor tends to "lock up".. either only allow movement in one direction, or not move at all, after a short period of time. I can power down the reciever, wait 30 seconds, and try again.. that sometimes works.

I am not sure if its the reciever or the motor that is the problem.

When it does work, it works great, absolutely no problems at all... but its too flakey to be worthwhile.

Iceberg said:
yes they are....

-Gol TV on 110
-Audio on ExpressVu

To use four, I think you'd have to buy a third party 4-LNB holder that is designed for this dish. Has anyone tried this with this holder:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=61386&item=5777392173

Although I suppose you could simply strap the 91 LNB onto the side of the 101 :)

I was considering doing this, since I rescued a Phase II from annihilation by a garbage truck a couple of months ago :) I decided to go with a Dish500 for the music and previews on 110 and 119 instead, because I'm not sure the Phase II would pull in a nice signal with 91 at that far position, plus the Dish500 is larger :)

Or, to use 2 LNBs (110 and 119 with 101 being a dummy position), you would take the LNB holder that comes with the Phase II and open it up. Unlike the Phase III all-in-one LNB, the Phase II has separate, standard D* LNB's plugged into a switch which is inside the LNB holder. Take out the switch, replace it with a DiSEqC, and you're good to go :)

Still might try it someday... I am cringing at having to edit my TP freq's and polarities for the stacked DishPro LNB :( And, this dish is made by a great manufacturer, Channel Master :D

Tron

Tron said:
Still might try it someday... I am cringing at having to edit my TP freq's and polarities for the stacked DishPro LNB :( And, this dish is made by a great manufacturer, Channel Master :D

Tron

Couldnt you just use a DishPro adapter? (lets you use DP LNB's on "legacy" rcvrs) rather then make a special TP setup? Or just use legacy LNB's?

Sorry for the 20 Q's....im new to this FTA stuff.

ultatryon said:
Are you sure? on the mounting arm, there is another hole, about 2cm down (you can see it in the 4th picture) The angle of the arm may need to be adjusted accordingly..

Well, either way, I can mount one on there without disassembling the polemount or motor.. I put the mount on the motor before attaching the arm and dish this morning... just unbolt the arm from the mount, remove the top dish bolt, and slide the whole thing down and off.

here is proof :)

Pictures of the arm for the 30" and the 36" (the 36" is the one installed)

also for others to see...the difference in size of the 36 vs the 30

Attachments

• IM000129.JPG
    IM000129.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 197
  • IM000130.JPG
    IM000130.JPG
    192.7 KB · Views: 169
  • IM000131.JPG
    IM000131.JPG
    181.6 KB · Views: 186
Ok, this motor is completely pissing me off now..

I can move the dish alright with 1.2, but it wont store locations, nor will USALS work..

The motor I have is the DG HH990, which according to their site is a "Model: SG2100"

http://www.digiwavetechnologies.com/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=13&MMN_position=13:3

I just updated the software on my Pantec MS to the newest Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra image.. still no love.

I will do a full reset in the morning (paperclip trick) and try it again.. but I am really at my wits end here..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts