w00t! Finally got my system (mostly) complete!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hah, I just fired up this reciever I bought off of ebay.. of course it has hacked firmware, and the only satellite programmed and scanned is Nimiq 1/3, and was on a Vu channel (PPV)

Die-hacker-die! :D at least I got a cheap reciever out of the deal.

Ooops.. accidently loaded the PAL image on this.. for some reason, there is a much newer version of the software for PAL than NTSC..

Maybe.. PAL=europe, NTSC=here, so like everything else it follows that they get the newer, better stuff? ;)

I wonder why there is no SECAM stuff for this... or did France finally decide to go PAL?

I bought my motor from some seedy ebay operation in canada

Congrats on 300 posts :)

I know you don't wanna hear it now, and it's a bit late....

BUYING GEAR OFF EBAY IS WRONG!!!!!!
Unless it's a reputable dealer.

heh.. yea yea, I know I know..

If France is still SECAM, why are there no SECAM images? actually, in looking, it looks like quite a few countries use SECAM..

Not that it really matters.. SECAM will just make my TV freak out more than PAL does ;)

I will hook it all up tonight when I get home (in about 4 hours) and go from there.. hopefully it was just my franken-reciever screwing things up.

EDIT: Weird.. I see a notification in my email that Shawn95GT replied about the same time that I did this post, but I dont see it in the thread here....

Actually.. everything I have for FTA was purchased on ebay, less my dishes which I bought from Sadoun directly (found them from an ebay auction however)

that is five satellite recievers (Viacast, Pantec MS.. now Franken-reciever, and now this Fortec Lifetime, as well as two analog recievers not yet recieved.), 3 LNBs (some generic Universals, and the DMS ASC321S), my DiSEqC switch, Motor, a Phase 3 (to give to my mother, so I can have her Phase 2.. since her 22kHz switch was acting up), and some 18" dishes..

I usually look to ebay first for all of my purchases.. not sure why, just always have.

Either the mods hate me or the board is doing stange things.... maybe it's the quick reply. I did this one with 'post reply'.

If my posts are being deleted (more than one disappeared in this thread), someone shoot me a PM and I'll shut up :).

Shawn

Dont deleted posts usually show up as "This post deleted by Insert-Unfair-Moderator-Name-Here"? ;) (wink-wink-nudge-nudge-say no more?)

For reference, I posted this with "quick reply" myself...

The board definately recieved your post, as it sent me an email about it, with the text and everything..

Sometimes the quick post acts up depending on your browser, I've noticed. And yes, Mod-deleted posts get noted in the thread.

ultatryon said:
Dont deleted posts usually show up as "This post deleted by Insert-Unfair-Moderator-Name-Here"?

For reference, I posted this with "quick reply" myself...

The board definately recieved your post, as it sent me an email about it, with the text and everything..
Strange..

I've seen what you're describing but I've also seen posts completely removed.

Maybe it's FireFox's handling of the updated VBB code. It's been happening since the board went goofy last week.

Shawn

I use Firefox 1.0.4 myself.. never had any issues with this board.

You may want to update Firefox.. 1.0.4 is pretty new (like the last month or so)

ultatryon said:
I use Firefox 1.0.4 myself.. never had any issues with this board.

You may want to update Firefox.. 1.0.4 is pretty new (like the last month or so)
Hmm 1.0.4 here too - I like the update notifier deal.

Oh well. It is just an annoyance at this point.

Shawn

If there were posts deleted, I would be able to see them. I don't see any posts that were deleted.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts