w00t! Finally got my system (mostly) complete!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Paperclip trick should work, just do it when you are locked on your true south satellite! Just makes life easier : )

Well.. if 1.2 works, USALS should be good. As I understand it (and I could be wrong), USALS happens on the reciever end.

Did you set your 'antenna position' or 'reference'? I know if the sat I'm trying to hit is outside the range it thinks I can hit it doesn't do a thing via USALS. It is probably something silly like that holding up USALS.

ultatryon said:
Ok, this motor is completely pissing me off now..

I can move the dish alright with 1.2, but it wont store locations, nor will USALS work..

Make sure on the 1.2 positioning screen, you select a value on the "Current Position" setting. If it is set to "Null", it will allow you to move around, but it will not store the location.

when I go to configure the 1.2 (assuming that USALS wont do anything) do I have to do the satellites in order? (eg, from east to west, or west to east) or can I do it in any old order? That might have been the issue I ran into...

ultatryon said:
when I go to configure the 1.2 (assuming that USALS wont do anything) do I have to do the satellites in order? (eg, from east to west, or west to east) or can I do it in any old order? That might have been the issue I ran into...

Any order... but you may want to write down somewhere what number you assigned to each one on the positioning screen, so you don't reuse the number on another satellite and lose the original's position.

Personally, I like 1.2 better than USALS due to the nudge east/west feature that I can use to tweak individual TPs when necessary... but that's just me. I use USALS to find the bird, then switch over to 1.2 for really fine tuning.

PSB said:
Paperclip trick should work, just do it when you are locked on your true south satellite! Just makes life easier : )

Too bad my true south is a DirectTV satellite...

Unless there is a constant transponder on AMC6?

I am at 72.1 degrees west, so its either AMC6 at 72, or DTV5 at 72.5

Can someone do scan of AMC6? Id like to know of a transponder to use when I reset my motor..

one of the feeds is 12189 H 6510

There are 2 that peg the meter but have nothing on it

I know the sr is 13.021 on one (H) and 25.319 on the other (v) but dont have the frequency handy :(

Iceberg said:
one of the feeds is 12189 H 6510

There are 2 that peg the meter but have nothing on it

I know the sr is 13.021 on one (H) and 25.319 on the other (v) but dont have the frequency handy :(
12.060 H, 13.021 I see 76%
11.839 V, 25.319 I see 69%

These numbers are from the CoolSat so they are probably the stong ones you speak of :).

nope, USALS = no movement whatsoever..

I certanly hope this isnt a bunk motor....... I will not be happy about that.

if the motor's moving with diseqc it should work with usals, it's the receivers responsibility to send the sig to the dish which is basically saying to the motor, "hey buddy, where you at? I want you to move xxclicks this way."
does your positioner have any lights on the bottom of it?

yes, green normally

well, with 1.2, its flakey, it wont store locations, but I can manually move the dish from the menu, but even then, it will stall from time to time.. I have to stop moving, and then start again.

Shawn95GT said:
12.060 H, 13.021 I see 76%
11.839 V, 25.319 I see 69%

These numbers are from the CoolSat so they are probably the stong ones you speak of :).

yep..those are the two :)

the 12060 H 13021 pegs the meter on the Pansat

ultatryon, try this:

Go to a place on the arc where you know you don't have any signal/quality whatsoever.
In USALS try to swing the dish to the far east/west and check if it's moving.

Well, I just recieved my Fortec Star Lifetime today, so I am going to start over with this reciever.. not my franken-reciever Pantec MS ;)

Cool! Here's hoping for USALS functionality!

I was reading the other thread about the motor only moving one way and I was thinking 'man - this guy has all the luck with motors'.

Shawn

yea... I am thinking I may need to buy another motor.. I will be rather upset if this is a bunk motor.

Its a veritable cornucopia of problems with this motor.. no USALS, flakey 1.2 "favorites" storing, the occasional uni-directional movement (or none whatsoever, even by the button on the motor), or the always fun "lets move 5 degrees, then stall" routine.

I think I may have to install a camera up there, so I can watch to make sure my dish is actually moving....

Maybe a lemon! I have had mine for well over 2 years without a problem, thats 3 MN. Winters no less!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

IA-8, 89*west is now testing........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)