Waivers for HD Feed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tknopf

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 12, 2004
Wausau, Wisconsin
As football on NBC fast approaches, I have a question about receiving an HD National Feed. I receive WJFW in Rhinelander(Wausau/Rhinelander Market) on channel 12. The city I live in is 55 miles from the station. We barely receive an off-air signal with an antenna and I cannot receive a digital/HD signal. Is it worth contacting the station and seeing if they will grant waivers to receive a national HD feed? Do I let D* submit the waivers and see what happens? Any suggestions from those of you that may have attempted this is greatly appreciated.

Madtown HD Junkie

Occasional Supreme Being
Supporting Founder
Jun 3, 2004
Madison, WI
good luck....i have cottage a couple miles off 51/8 just north of Tomahawk and I can get the Fox feed but not any others......gl

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
Well, it seems your nightmare will be because your affiliate uses a translator/repeater named W27AU to send you NBC WJFW and it is only 4 miles away. Your best bet is to call the station engineer first and ask them to assist you in receiving their digital signal and see what they say; then go forward after hearing what they have to say. If you do not like what they say or its determined that there is no way OTA is possible; then apply for your DNS.

Post back what your get worked out and how.

Attachments

• antenna.jpg
    antenna.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

igator99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 16, 2006
Good Luck.

tknopf said:
As football on NBC fast approaches, I have a question about receiving an HD National Feed. I receive WJFW in Rhinelander(Wausau/Rhinelander Market) on channel 12. The city I live in is 55 miles from the station. We barely receive an off-air signal with an antenna and I cannot receive a digital/HD signal. Is it worth contacting the station and seeing if they will grant waivers to receive a national HD feed? Do I let D* submit the waivers and see what happens? Any suggestions from those of you that may have attempted this is greatly appreciated.

I live in New Orleans and WDSU can't broadcast in HD until at least 2007 and they have turned everyone down I know of. I have applied but haven't got a response. Best of luck but I think it will be an automatic no.

Tower Guy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 1, 2005
tknopf said:
I receive WJFW in Rhinelander(Wausau/Rhinelander Market) on channel 12. The city I live in is 55 miles from the station. We barely receive an off-air signal with an antenna and I cannot receive a digital/HD signal. Any suggestions from those of you that may have attempted this is greatly appreciated.

If you happen to live in a higher spot you may try an aggressive UHF antenna with a preamp to get WJFW on channel 16. Many people have had success with a Channel Master 4228 and a 7777 preamp even when Antennaweb does not predict reception.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)