Wally U810 DVR Timers Issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I really don't need the wifi since I have a few android boxes..I think I have the same account as yourself..RV pay as you go..but I have flex pack with a 222k and two 211k's along with the wally..
Yeah, my DVR functionality still worked when I had Welcome Pack. I started having problems when I downgraded to International Basic, so I am leaning toward that as the culprit. Interestingly, this DVR authorization issue (whatever the issue may be) only affects receivers with the Hopper interface. I can activate my ViP211k, and the DVR functions work just fine. If there were any way to add DVR functions to the ViP222k, then I'd be all set. There is no way that I would pay the $15 per month DVR fee that it would cost if I upgraded to a ViP722k. Adding two ViP211k's would be $14 per month in additional receiver fees, plus I would have to buy more hard drives to go with them. So, that solution would not work for me, either.

I just activated my Wally a few days ago and the DVR function is all working like it's suppose to.I have a 2t external power hard drive..Software version U822.. Problem I have is there's not enough USB ports on the Wally..OTA adapter and hard drive but no place to hook up wifi adapter

I'm using a Vonets VAP11G that plugs into the ethernet port. I picked it up on Amazon for $20 and it's working great. It does require USB power, but an old phone charger took care of that.

Reactions: Tvland1
Success!!! (Finally!)

A great big "Thanks!" to Unpluggedtech, who posted a special phone number for commercial accounts in another thread here. Even though my account is not a commercial account, it turns out that it did indeed somehow get the "disable DVR" tag applied to the account. (This explains the "D" that appeared at the end of the Model on the Diagnostics screen.) By calling that number, I was able to get that "D" tag removed, and DVR functionality now works normally again on my activated Hopper Duo! It is too bad that the regular customer support seemed to be completely unable to fix this issue, or even understand exactly what the issue was and what was causing it. Anyway, in case anyone else ever runs into this same problem, the special phone number to call is 1-888-580-6656.

Thank you so much again, Unpluggedtech! :hatsoff :bounce :happydance

Reactions: Bobby
Update: I just re-activated my Hopper Duo, and it is back to listing the model as Hopper Duo D on the Diagnostics screen. As expected, DVR functionality is disabled again. :( So, apparently I am going to have to call that special number every time I re-activate the Hopper Duo, or else the DVR functions are not going to work. That is not exactly very convenient, but at least it may be a possible work-around for this issue with my account. It would be nice to have that D code permanently removed, though.

Update: I just re-activated my Hopper Duo, and it is back to listing the model as Hopper Duo D on the Diagnostics screen. As expected, DVR functionality is disabled again. :( So, apparently I am going to have to call that special number every time I re-activate the Hopper Duo, or else the DVR functions are not going to work. That is not exactly very convenient, but at least it may be a possible work-around for this issue with my account. It would be nice to have that D code permanently removed, though.

Well that sucks. Did you ever reactivate this same Duo before? If so, and you got the D removed before, and now it has come back, there must be something wrong on your account rather than the receiver characteristics.

Well that sucks. Did you ever reactivate this same Duo before? If so, and you got the D removed before, and now it has come back, there must be something wrong on your account rather than the receiver characteristics.
Yes, this is the same Duo that I reactivated last month, when I got the D removed. This is definitely an account-level problem, since the D had been appearing on every Wally or Hopper Duo that I tried to activate for quite awhile, before I finally found out how to call to get that issue "fixed." However, I could have sworn that I had successfully reactivated a Hopper Duo without the D at least once when I was still having the issue with the Wally, before I discovered that it would also happen with the Hopper Duo. So, maybe this issue is inconsistent when dealing with a Duo. It knocked out DVR functionality on every Wally every time, though.

The only reason I can think of for why this code may have been placed on my account in the first place is because I also have a ViP222k on the account, so they are trying to prevent DVR functions from being activated on that receiver. Even that explanation makes no sense, though. I got the ViP222k in 2017, and I thought that was before Dish started sending out refurbished DVR-disabled ViP722k's as replacements for the ViP222 series. So, there would be no need for a "DVR disable" code if there was never any DVR functionality (or even an internal hard drive) to begin with. Also, if this is supposed to be a ViP DVR disable code, then it is doing the exact opposite of what was intended. As I mentioned previously, DVR functions continue to work every time I activate my ViP211k (as should happen, thankfully) while Hopper Duo and Wally receivers end up with the disabled DVR instead.

AFAIK the ViP222 has NEVER had DVR capability.
That is correct. However, when Dish started running out of stock on ViP222's, they started disabling DVR functions on ViP722k's, to send those out to anyone who needed a replacement for a failed ViP222. My sister got hit with that disable code once, on her activated ViP722k that was supposed to have DVR functions. Fortunately in that case, Dish must have caught the mistake quickly, since the problem fixed itself without us needing to do anything. Unfortunately, Dish did not come up with a new model number for these DVR-disabled ViP722k's. (I am not sure whether they still refer to them as "ViP722k" or re-brand them as "ViP222k." Either way, it can be confusing, since the model number is exactly the same as one of the previous models.) Judging by the behavior of my Hopper Duo, it looks like Dish may be preparing to use DVR-disabled Duos as replacements for failed ViP222k's. The bad part is that my Hopper Duo is supposed to have DVR functions, and my ViP222k still works just fine, so I do not need a "replacement." :mad:

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
0114210814-00.jpg

I'll bet you didn't know there was a 3D version of a Joey.

Actually, I am back to the same "D" (DVR-disabled) issue that I have been reporting throughout this thread. Sigh! This had been working properly with the leased Hopper Duo, and the previous software version. I hooked up my purchased Hopper Duo in place of the leased one, linked the Joey 3, and downloaded the latest software. This is the result. No DVR functions on either the Hopper Duo or Joey 3. It looks like I will be going back to the ViP211k for all of my DVR needs from now on. I am not going to waste my time calling a "special" 888 phone number, just to add DVR functionality every time I want to activate my Hopper Duo and Joey 3. This Joey 3 will soon be listed for sale in the Classifieds section here, where I have already listed the Hopper Duo.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)