Washington DC Sunday Ticket Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dc_red

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 27, 2007
Ok - I've had Direct for about a year and no complaints whatsoever. Great service.

Anyhow, I've renewed the ST (and got free Superfan) but I just hooked up a OTA antenna to my H20 for the first time and it looks like I can pick up the Baltimore Fox 45 and CBS 13 affiliates.

The wife and a couple of our friends are eagles fans so that's why we ordered ST but I like the Skins so i don't really need it.

So the question is if I am able to receive the OTAs from Baltimore will I be able to get the additional games they show - thus potentially up to 6 different NFL games on a Sunday (i know there is alot the same) and thus save the $$$ on ST.

Thanks!

Not sure I follow the question. I think you now have 2 local markets, one from OTA and one from Directv. The problem with NFL, you are problably in the same region on Fox and CBS so more then likely, both will be showing the same games.

So the question is if I am able to receive the OTAs from Baltimore will I be able to get the additional games they show - thus potentially up to 6 different NFL games on a Sunday (i know there is alot the same) and thus save the $$$ on ST.

Thanks!

as long as you don't mind what games the OTA channels show sure you can cancel NFL ST. Remember its an out of market package so if you are a Skins fan in DC you can watch them OTA

Not sure I follow the question. I think you now have 2 local markets, one from OTA and one from Directv. The problem with NFL, you are problably in the same region on Fox and CBS so more then likely, both will be showing the same games.

Basically true, but because Baltimore is AFC and DC is NFC sometimes the affiliates pick different games based on interest. But from what you say i now essentially have access to 2 different markets and would just hope that different games are picked up.

Iceberg said:
as long as you don't mind what games the OTA channels show sure you can cancel NFL ST. Remember its an out of market package so if you are a Skins fan in DC you can watch them OTA

Do you (or anyone) happen to know if there are any OTA stations that I would be able to pick up that would align themselves with Eagles games. i'm thinking the only chance would be some distant MD affiliate that maybe still shows the Eagles because the Ravens are relatively new to the area

BTW - Thanks Guys!

Since Fox on east coast does a lot of NFC East, you will see a good deal of Eagles. I am in Giants land but that NFC East thing shows mostly Eagles unless they are overriden by Giants. But with Giants playing them twice, and big markets like Cowboys and Skins, the east region of Fox covers most of the games.

Basically true, but because Baltimore is AFC and DC is NFC sometimes the affiliates pick different games based on interest. But from what you say i now essentially have access to 2 different markets and would just hope that different games are picked up.

Do you (or anyone) happen to know if there are any OTA stations that I would be able to pick up that would align themselves with Eagles games. i'm thinking the only chance would be some distant MD affiliate that maybe still shows the Eagles because the Ravens are relatively new to the area

BTW - Thanks Guys!

There aren't any distant Maryland affiliate that shows the eagles.

Since Fox on east coast does a lot of NFC East, you will see a good deal of Eagles. I am in Giants land but that NFC East thing shows mostly Eagles unless they are overriden by Giants. But with Giants playing them twice, and big markets like Cowboys and Skins, the east region of Fox covers most of the games.

I can tell you what he is going to get.
Redskins on Fox and Raven's on cbs. Same as I get even with an ota.

I live in Glen Burnie and I can pull both DC and Balt. locals and I can tell you that Fox 45 usually shows the Skins games unless the Ravens are playing at the same time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)