Weather Prognasticators

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bpalone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
44N 105W
Well, they've done it again. The forecast was for snow accumulation of less than one-half inch for last night. Just came back in from walking through three (3) inches of the stuff to get to the antennas to broom off the snow. The joys of spring time in the Rockies.

Everyone have a good holiday tomorrow.

So you’re saying their Easter Fools joke came a day early?

Meteorological Prognosticators. It snowed last week but was 81* here in central Virginia on Thursday and 72* yesterday. It was 35* this morning and isn't suppose to get over 63* today.

But yeah, March has always been a crap shoot where weather is concerned here. The worst snow storms that I can remember happening here were in March of 1986 when we got 15" one week then17" on top of that less than a week later. The 1986 4x4 Subaru I had back then would NOT go and was stuck for a few days sitting on top of that snow until a friend pulled it out for me with his 4x4 Chevy pickup with monster mudder BMF tires on it.

Yep they are really good at that! Last time we got snow the forecast started out as 3-5" then went to 5-8" then dropped to 2-4". We got 9.5" :snow :rolleyes:

Tried to tell those people when they forecast those nice warm days so far in advance they have a tendency to cool off by time they get here. ;)

Well, they've done it again. The forecast was for snow accumulation of less than one-half inch for last night. Just came back in from walking through three (3) inches of the stuff to get to the antennas to broom off the snow. The joys of spring time in the Rockies.

Everyone have a good holiday tomorrow.

I'm in the Grand Junction area, so it's been 60-70 and mostly sunny and will remain so for most of the week. Had one cold night that killed some of the bean sprouts, then I left the tomato sprouts out in the sun too long and they got fried. Luckily there are more seeds sprouting now. Hopefully I can figure out this desert thing at some point.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)