Welcome Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the top of each forum page is a link on the left marked "mark forums read".

And I use that tab all the time. But it takes about 10X longer than vBulletin ever did. I thought y'all claimed XenForo was so much faster.

Maybe the double click on the Satguys logo will come back.

At the top of each forum page is a link on the left marked "mark forums read".
I saw that, as I mentioned. I'm looking for how to mark subscribed *threads* as read. When they were converted from old site, the read/unread flag was reset or lost.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

This looks excellent so far, better than when you first released what the site would look like. Some nice improvements have been made already. It's very fast but will take some getting used to. When looking through the threads the date is grayed out so much that it is hard to read. I am also trying to figure out my new shortcut to go directly to new posts on the website.

Another thing is when I mouse over the thread it states the first post of that thread. I have to scroll that thread half way down the page before I can read the entire post in that thread with the mouse over.

Or, if you click on their username under their avatar by one of their posts, the popup will have a link "Start a Conversation" which is the same as a PM.

Can a link for "Watched Threads" be made to show all watched threads, not just the unread ones? Anything to save a click. :)

Can a link for "Watched Threads" be made to show all watched threads, not just the unread ones? Anything to save a click. :)
It's pretty standard across ALL forum software that I've seen to default to new/unread watched or subscribed threads. Vbulletin was the same way - it showed new/unread topics and you had to click a button/link to see ALL subscribed threads.

The previous software here had a "Subscribed Threads" link that showed me all subscribed threads with the unread ones in bold. I can get that here, but I have to click the "Show All" link at the bottom...just an additional scroll and click I'd like to avoid. :)

Here is the direct link: http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/watched/threads/all

One thing I do miss in the new software is the ability to see online status for each user in a thread.
I looked into this... and it appears that the add on's that can do this are a huge resource hog, slowing down the rendering of each page by over 200%.

With over 1000 people online it has to look if someone is online for each page it draws. For smaller sites this is not too big of an issue, but for a site our size it is.

Check out some of the comments from some big board owners.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/rt-online-status-ribbon.41691/page-12

So at the moment there is no good solution for this.

It was built as part of the code. vBulletin did the database queries anyways... which is why this software is faster than the vBulletin was. :)

Thank you Scott! This is the first chance I've had at logging into the site from my PC and it looks AWESOME! I'm getting used to the Reader app as I was so used to the old one.

Or, if you click on their username under their avatar by one of their posts, the popup will have a link "Start a Conversation" which is the same as a PM.
TNX. I looked at that earlier and it didn't make sense. I didn't see the teeny weeny recipient's name up at the very tippy top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts