Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hi, everyone. I am new to this fta scene. Did some research and got sonicview 360 p, fortec 31" with gt-s40. So far got only 2 video channels. You'll see me more the fta forums.
Thanks for a great informative forum.

Hello, everybody. I am retired electrician but inexperienced with internet and satellites. However, I have some new ideas which I would like to submit for your critical opinion.But first I should familiarize more with this site. Cheers, polgyver

Hi, I have a 8 foot dish C and KU band, and a panset 250 sm that I have been watching for a few years. I have lost abc on G16 c and can not find it any where in the sky.
Does anybody know where I can find it? My other half is missing dancing w stars, need help!
I am thrilled to join your forum and hope I can find more info,
Thank you Viking D

good morning! I am new to this in the USA. Free to Air is big in Europe. We have FTA in Portugal in our apartment. We have two receivers and two dishes. The trick is both our dishes point east so one dish is aimed between two satellites or birds. this means we have three feed horns with multiple outputs. Each receiver "knows" which channel is on which satellite and uses a switching thingy called a 4 x DesQ to switch between feed horns. Here in the States, I want to wire my house in Maryland for both Satellite (to support FTA, Dish, or Direct TV) and for HD-Cable. My question is do I need two separate wire plants: one for satellite and one for HD-Cable? My current scheme is to use a Motorola BDA-K4 for the HD-Cable so I can amplify the cable modem return signal. I will be taking HD-Cable runs all over the house via splitters.
I am not sure if the DesQ will work over the HD-Cable esppecially with splitters? (Please Advise). I would like to be able to have an FTA satellite box along with a cable company box (my sets have two or more HDMI jacks so I can switch between the boxes). If it is impractical to run both the satellite and HD-cable over one wire, I can provide two outlets at each drop point, labeled accordingly. This may seem a dumb question, but my system in Portugal is entirely FTA where here to for my systems in the USA have been Cable or HD-Cable. Cheers.