Well, I did it!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hey gunman , if its not too much trouble to answer, what does the openbox do that the azboxes you have won't do? I haven't kept up with all the details of these things lately, but I thought those azboxes were able to do everything, including the s2 and even 4.2.2 video. Or some models of the azbox do everything, and some don't?

You are correct about the AZBox receivers and I don't have much of a problem with them other than they are way over priced IMHO and the sorry factory support, ie, broken firmware while they still put out new boxes every 6 months with more broken firmware.

Don't know exactly what it is about these Openbox receivers but I just like using them better than the AZs. I haven't used one for PVR functions or movie playback yet as I'm waiting for a USB to SATA adapter I ordered but I don't expect that to be a problem.

Right now I have around $180 in TWO used Openbox S9s and the AZBox receivers I have were around $275 EACH new. There's plenty of places you can get the S9/S10s new for around $120 shipped.

So bottom line is that if I was only going to have ONE receiver, I'd probably buy an AZ Ultra but would look real hard at just having an Openbox instead. Might even flip a coin on that as there's just not that much 4.2.2 stuff that I want to watch.

Oh, and one other thing I forgot. The S9 will play uninterrupted audio on some scrambled channels whereas the AZBox will not. Out here in my shop I listen more than watch most times so the S9 comes in handy for that for some news channels that are scrambled.

Thanks for the information. I'm like everyone else, in that I don't think it's too much to ask for firmware support for these boxes. Veryh few of them come with perfect firmware that needs no fixes. Too bad we are, in the US, a somewhat orphaned market compared to the rest of the satellite-tv world.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)