Well it's almost over

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Mar 9, 2007
I believe at midnight tonight Crawford will be putting NPS's G3 out of it's misery. I wonder if NPS will dump the uplink fee till 12/30 when they shut their doors on the other 4D channels.:confused:

tvropro

On Vacation
Mar 9, 2007
NPS couldn't wait to pull the plug. I bet they kick their aggressive Dish swap out into high gear today to anyone calling in.

Typical phone conversation:

Caller: What happened to my G3 channels?

NPS BS: Motorola pulled down the channels. All of C band is gone. You have to upgrade to Dish network We will provide you with a Dish Network upgrade for only $199.95 a month with a two year contract. Dish Network offers you a Crystal Clear Digital picture The best HD with all the Fox and Disney channels (LOL) We can install tomorrow. Sign here on the dotted line ........................... :eek:

The problem is the sucker will probably take the bait.

tvropro

On Vacation
Mar 9, 2007
My G3 right now reads: Please wait a moment... We are processing your request. No DC-2 lock light, Quality 1.

1inabillion

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 30, 2005
Vu+Duo.2/4Tuner HD:Zone
NPS couldn't wait to pull the plug. I bet they kick their aggressive Dish swap out into high gear today to anyone calling in.

Typical phone conversation:

Caller: What happened to my G3 channels?

NPS BS: Motorola pulled down the channels. All of C band is gone. You have to upgrade to Dish network We will provide you with a Dish Network upgrade for only $199.95 a month with a two year contract. Dish Network offers you a Crystal Clear Digital picture The best HD with all the Fox and Disney channels (LOL) We can install tomorrow. Sign here on the dotted line ........................... :eek:

The problem is the sucker will probably take the bait.

Bet your right 2 bad Nps recked it all for us 4DTV owners. :eek:

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
Hmm weren't you saying all year long "Dont Believe what NPS says" and now it's GONE ? :confused::eek:

Genna

SatelliteGuys Guru
Nov 19, 2009
New England
I will really miss G3. I have no access to any TV/cable news now at all. I'm trying to get a local cable company to run a fiber line to me, they just skipped over my road. :/

tvropro

On Vacation
Mar 9, 2007
Hmm weren't you saying all year long "Dont Believe what NPS says" and now it's GONE ? :confused::eek:

NPS's dirty tricks put the screws to us 4DTVers but Skyvision is saving what they can for us. NPS though needs to no longer be allowed to push there BS. They are hell bent on taking out as many subscribers as they can still hanging in there before years end. In short they want to destroy SRL and Skyvision too. We have to stand firm against the Enemy and not let them win or destroy any more.

Genna

SatelliteGuys Guru
Nov 19, 2009
New England
Now all the News Channels are down. MSNBC, Fox News Channel , CNBC, CNN etc. You think they'll ever put those on W5 ?

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I removed the political jab. Please remember we have a strict no political talk here at Satelliteguys :)

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
Wonder why NPS don't get them an old dish 500 and a couple of DP-301 receivers...connect the RF channel 3 coax out of the dish box into a good dcII encoder and we can have the uplink back...the picture would probably be not worse LOL...hahahaha

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
Yesterday I didn't even bother turning the TV on until 7pm to watch OTA Two And A Half Men on the Fox OTA network. Then another episode came on at 7:30pm, then local CBS OTA had them back on at 9PM and then I caught it again around 10pm to 11pm on satellite FTA. Yeah, you might say I like that progie.

What Fox news programs I want were streaming online on WWITV.com, ie, Cavuto at 4pm and Beck at 5pm. Picture quality on streaming video online is somewhat wanting but hey, I mostly just listen to them while I'm doing something else in the shop anyway.

So while the death of G3 might be a blow of sorts, there's nothing gone that I really want to watch. Just changed the source is all and now I have zero subs on my 4DTV receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts