Status
Not open for further replies.

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
Testing, Testing...We're back on the AIR!

What happened, Scott??

Bobby

Publican
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
Well, SatelliteGuys and a whole host of other websites have been down all day due to a power issue at the server site. I'm glad to see that all is well again....

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Cool. For a while I thought it a problem with my mobile device until I tried to reach AVSForum and DBSTalk...two places I visit only when SatGuys is offline. :)

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Amazingly annoying. Thankfully I had a VERY busy day at work to keep my mind off it. Priorities, priorities. :D

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
There were thousands of sites down today.

Long story short, there was a power glitch in Dallas which caused the generators to kick on. The switch which was supposed to switch from street power to generator power tried to switch but then failed. They had to shut off all power until they could fix the switch. With a full MEGAWATT of power going through that switch they had to take their time and do it correctly and more importantly safely.

I have been reading the webmaster forums all day with lots of upset people who are mad a COLO4 for this equipment failure, me I am not upset at all at them, I am just happy we are back online with no data loss.

Welcome back everyone. :D

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
BTW you might notice we are a bit slower then normal, this is because the raid system is rebuilding and a system file check is also being done by the servers. :)

Willh699

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 20, 2009
Campbell, TX
the sever failed, plain and simple, but also i think this thread should be in the SatelliteGuys Operations Center section

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
Glad the site is back up....Though looks like the Iphone app is not running yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)