What are you Watching?

My Mom was asking how to see S5 E5 as she missed it last week and forgot to record it.
I figured Peacock would have it, but it didn't ... you'd expect Paramount Plus to have it, but ... Nope.
Yellowstone is the odd ball. I'm not aware of any other show being treated the same way.

I see that I have a couple of HBO Max programs returning: the third season of “His Dark Materials” has started, and “Doom Patrol” is back as well.

Yellowstone is the odd ball. I'm not aware of any other show being treated the same way.
I thought there was a season 5 but Peacock only goes to the end of season 4. I probably won't continue Peacock because of all the commercials even though it's a paid subscription. Not only that, but sometimes a commercial appears right over the segment and sometimes it goes to commercial before the segment ends.

I thought there was a season 5 but Peacock only goes to the end of season 4. I probably won't continue Peacock because of all the commercials even though it's a paid subscription. Not only that, but sometimes a commercial appears right over the segment and sometimes it goes to commercial before the segment ends.
Peacock is Free originally, if you want anything really good, you require the upgraded package ... so there is possible programming to be seen without paying ... (unless that has been changed, I don't use it all that much)

My Mom was asking how to see S5 E5 as she missed it last week and forgot to record it.
I figured Peacock would have it, but it didn't ... you'd expect Paramount Plus to have it, but ... Nope.
I was messing around last with the regular Paramount app on Roku and it has Yellowstone Season 5 on it. Your Mother has to have Paramount on her cable system so it can work on the Roku to unlock the episodes except 1. Hope this helps.

I was messing around last with the regular Paramount app on Roku and it has Yellowstone Season 5 on it. Your Mother has to have Paramount on her cable system so it can work on the Roku to unlock the episodes except 1. Hope this helps.
The way I look at it is if I have a paid sub to Paramount or Peacock, I should be able to see all "broadcasted" seasons.

Peacock bought the rights to Yellowstone before there was a Paramount+ ( when it was CBS All Access, before the new merger with Viacom/Paramount).

But Peacock can only air them after the season is done.

The way I look at it is if I have a paid sub to Paramount or Peacock, I should be able to see all "broadcasted" seasons.
As I have pointed out before, just because a show airs on CBS or NBC, it does not mean they made or own it.

For example, Big Bang Theory is well known to have been on CBS, but Warner Bros. produced it and sold the rights to CBS to air, but only the current season could of been on CBS All Access ( now Paramount+ ).

That is now the same for Young Sheldon, current season on Paramount, past seasons on HBOMAX ( owned by Warner).

Well, I cannot even See Yellowstone on the Paramount App.
I go to thier App and type in Yellowstone several Other ones show up, but not the series I want. :(

Paramount Network app is different than the Paramount+ app. Season 5 is on the Paramount Network app not the Paramount + app. The Paramount Network app is tied to their broadcast channel. It’s their On Demand app.

As I have pointed out before, just because a show airs on CBS or NBC, it does not mean they made or own it.

For example, Big Bang Theory is well known to have been on CBS, but Warner Bros. produced it and sold the rights to CBS to air, but only the current season could of been on CBS All Access ( now Paramount+ ).

That is now the same for Young Sheldon, current season on Paramount, past seasons on HBOMAX ( owned by Warner).
Ok, so essentially, in this day and age theres No way to watch an episode you missed if its the current Season ????

Paramount Network app is different than the Paramount+ app. Season 5 is on the Paramount Network app not the Paramount + app. The Paramount Network app is tied to their broadcast channel. It’s their On Demand app.
SOOOO, I can go OLD style and use the On Demand (Directv) but can't do it in todays stanards of STREAMING ....
Another reason to Not like streaming ...