What chanels will be added?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dziko

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 18, 2004
What channels will be added? does any know, I called Voom and the CSR has no idea. I was told 70 total HD and 200 SD. ;) ;)

I hope they add Food network and Sci-Fi and FX. Those are some channels I really want in Hi-Def.

I'd love it if they added NESN in New England. They do a great job of broadcasting all Red Sox home games in HD from Fenway, so that's something else that ties folks to cable at least 6mos out of the year.

Lob

I get the feeling that total is going to be a little lower now since (pending FCC approval) they lost their original satellite. I'm sure that things will be added but not as much as originally announced.

Noggin and other kids programming would help get Voom more customers. Most people I know with kids can't justify the cost of voom as an add-on service to their cable or current sat service.

I have had to keep D* just for that and some locals that the crap antenna wont pick up.

Add these

My vote is for

Wealth Tv
Tech tv
Hustler Hd , better than Playboy
International Channels, (indian, Ztv, Sony, SETMay, ) bye bye dish international

Dish has over 300,000 Indian subscribers, adding some Indian channels in SD would open the floodgates and open the door to many South Asian subscribers many of them have just gotten hd sets. Bollywood is really opening doors in USA. Witness Bride and Prejudice, Ashwariya rai, one of the hottest stars in bolywood in her first Hollywood feature, Miramax pictures.

And last of all Pay per view HD, many channels like a Cineplex
How abour VOD video on Demand would that be something.
Video games channel, playing video games, new cutting edge on voom, subscribing to it, like an Xbox channel

"Dish has over 300,000 Indian subscribers, adding some Indian channels in SD would open the floodgates and open the door to many South Asian subscribers many of them have just gotten hd sets. Bollywood is really opening doors in USA. Witness Bride and Prejudice, Ashwariya rai, one of the hottest stars in bolywood in her first Hollywood feature, Miramax pictures."

Lets be realistic, that is less than 3% of dish's entire customer base. For Voom to use up their now even more precious programming space (with the sale of their primary sat) on international channels would do more harm than good for their customer base. If Voom is looking to take subscribers away from Dish, they need to focus on the 9.7 million people that don't have it for the specialty channels. I believe that most people that have Dish or Direct just have not heard of, or seen, Voom. Voom is simply superior for a comparable price.

According to a source I know via Voom DBS, Feb. 28 is the day that the Rainbow board will approve the sale of Voom to Chuck Dolan. If this happens, then on March 1, we'll see 57 new channnels added total, 4 HD. I did not ask what channels would be included in this, but we have a little excitment awaiting us this week.

Also, with the two birds in question, a slight dish readjustment will be necessary and talks are once again resurfacing about the Super Dish being brought out to all subscribers. We'll have to see what happens..

More retro programming with Goodlife Television would be my vote as they are not currently carried on either DISH or DIRECT. Time Warner began carrying Goodlife in the New York area and the response has been positive.

digideal said:
According to a source I know via Voom DBS, Feb. 28 is the day that the Rainbow board will approve the sale of Voom to Chuck Dolan.
That date was announced when the "letter agreement" for Charles Dolan and Voom HD LLC to buy the remaining Voom assets was announced earlier this month. Cablevision must sign a definitive agreement BY that date for the deal to go through. (Voom HD LLV is supposed to be finding financing too. Not that this deal will cost cash, but the continued upkeep of a company that is spending more than it makes will take money from investors that believe Voom HD LLC can turn the system around and clear the debts.)

JL

My guess would be:
ESPN2 HD
Fox Sports Bay Area HD
Fox Sports Chicago HD
Fox Sports Ohio HD
and 1 other Fox Sports Regional HD or Wealth TV
or maybe Encore West HD

and also, with the testing on channel 700, not to mention the Caller ID function, maybe a PPV channel is coming...
but, I'm looking for all 4 or 5 HD channels to be sports....

Edit: I don't care about all 4 or 5 thousand SD channels they get...

I called in today because I had some technichal difficulty (Snow in New Jersey), anyway the woman on the phone said she could disclose a buncha new channels being rolled out, I didn't get if they were HD or not, included were like BBC National Geographic, ESPN International? I dunno there were about 20 more but my memory is terrible and I've been up quite awhile.

I guess give a call and ask if you want to know the list apparantly they can tell you.

For the guy 2 posts before me I don't remember hearing that many Sports channels only 1 or 2 if that. Than again I don't watch sports that much so I wasn't paying attention :p

Lobstah said:
I'd love it if they added NESN in New England. They do a great job of broadcasting all Red Sox home games in HD from Fenway, so that's something else that ties folks to cable at least 6mos out of the year.

Lob

I second, third, and forth this. The Red Sox are part of the culture. It would be huge if people could thumb their nose at Comcast. I could be wrong but I think only Comcast broadcast the Red Sox in HD. Make it so Voom...pretty please, with suger on top.

-Chris

I know that NASA is amassing many hours of HD shot in space from the shuttles and space station, has anyone heard when the NASA channel will go HD? Being a government entity, I would have thought they would have gone HD a long time ago to help push along the digital revolution.

DarrellP said:
I know that NASA is amassing many hours of HD shot in space from the shuttles and space station, has anyone heard when the NASA channel will go HD? Being a government entity, I would have thought they would have gone HD a long time ago to help push along the digital revolution.
I agree, but I realize this channel is only worthwhile when a mission is going on. Although occassionally (between missions) they show slides from the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (nothing live), such as from the Hubble Space Telescope or one of their spacecraft search missions in deep space. Also, some shuttle missions are blacked out (top secret military misions to spy on and better enslave us). They only show the space station when the shuttle goes there. It would also be nice if they had a Space Station Channel.

Everything to be added over the next 6 months

I was/am having trouble with the receiver so I called yesterday (faint flickering on all the HD channels in 1080i - anyone else experience this?), anyway I asked about all the new stuff coming. She didn't have an answer for what channels they were, but she did say that the 70 HD's and 200 SD's were going to be coming over the ~next~ 6months, obviously starting in March. I did explicitly ask if the new HD's were there own specialty channels or not, and she that she didn't think so that they were normal channels :D

Also, pertaining to another thread having to get a new dish or not to get everything, or repointing the current one. One CSR I talked to said that they were trying to get the 2 birds to talk to each other, and if so we would not have to do anything new, otherwise we would have to bump up to a dual LNB or something like that (over my head), but it would stay pointed the same direction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)