What we are hearing...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'd put NHL-HD near the top of any list given that it is actually live already. Then again, maybe hockey isn't a sport after all...

The non-HD "HD" channels run a non-negligible risk of becoming a bullseye on D*'s back for the competition's holiday advertising campaigns that will start in a month or less.

I don't think the general public looks as deeply into this as you suggest. After all, the cable industry gave DirecTV extremely high marks for its ads of the past 2 years.

Also, by next month, the number of channels should be in the 85 range as I hear it.

And from what I am hearing, DirecTV is having a ball with this - they are busier than ever with new customers - having a tough time keeping up actually.

Time will tell just how they all do between now and end January (SUPERBOWL time). I'm willing to bet DirecTV does JUST FINE.

I sire did not think I would ever say this, but I have just about reached my saturation point as to what I want in channels. There are only a few more of interest. and not one of them is in the current upcoming channel list on D*s website.
here are the last few I am looking for;
NHL-HD
Discovery Home
Chiller
TV Land

Has anyone notice that a few of D* new channels are starting to get that HD-Lite pixellation? For example: FoodHD and HGTVHD are starting to show pixellation on my big screens again! Are these 2 on the Tp with 5 HD channels?

No trouble here,except my H20 seems to have trouble with the odd TP on the 103,sometimes there in the 90's and sometimes there in the upper 60s. But no problems with the HR20.

ScoBuck, I have a question for you no one has EVER answered; and it is regarding an SD channel (ARGH) but why oh why can't we get the HBO Comedy channel?

You all seem to take this as 100% teasing - and it's really not (maybe 10% is the tease) - but I have given out what I can - and when I can say more I will.

Just get up early Thursday morning if you want to be among the first to know.

Thursday ????
What happened to every Wensday ?

Jimbo

Has anyone notice that a few of D* new channels are starting to get that HD-Lite pixellation? For example: FoodHD and HGTVHD are starting to show pixellation on my big screens again! Are these 2 on the Tp with 5 HD channels?

All transponders on 103b have 5 channels, just some are test/engineering channels at the current time. You should not see much change in PQ when they add more channels (unless they go above 5 per TP).

Of course if the test channel is just showing a Directv logo or something, very little bandwidth is allocated to it, so if they pop a real HD channel up, it will force the statmux/encoder to share between more real channels at once.

I sire did not think I would ever say this, but I have just about reached my saturation point as to what I want in channels. There are only a few more of interest. and not one of them is in the current upcoming channel list on D*s website.
here are the last few I am looking for;
NHL-HD
Discovery Home
Chiller
TV Land

I like your choices :)

Jimbo

I don't think the general public looks as deeply into this as you suggest.
Do you really think that DIRECTV escaped the Comcast HD PQ campaign without a scratch? Then again, DIRECTV probably did more damage to themselves on the followup installer survey deception.

Could have little or nothing to do with anything D* is doing. Honestly havent watched those two very much, but everything ive seen has been crystal clear to this point.

Do you really think that DIRECTV escaped the Comcast HD PQ campaign without a scratch? Then again, DIRECTV probably did more damage to themselves on the followup installer survey deception.

Neither had any effect on DirecTVs revenues, or subscriber adds. About as much as DISH litigation against TiVO (and the rest of the world as well).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)