What we are hearing...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just saw - MGM, FoodHD, National Geo, CNBC-HD - plus I'm pretty sure some additional sports HD Channels - which ones - I'm not sure...

And no toons!3 wedsday and 7 channels left for oct.... so i'm guessing 2 a week with 3 on one of them?

How exciting !!!
I went to check out the much ballyhoo'd Food network and NGC in HD this morning , only to find "Paid Programming" You really can't tell anything about either until thier normal programming comes on, I guess I'll have to wait till I get home from work tonight.

Jimbo

The original 27 HD channel list only had an icons for Starz HD, Starz Comedy HD, Starz Edge HD and Starz Kids and Family HD. When you count all the icons in the original list you will get 28 but as the Golf HD and Versus HD icons are one single channel this makes the list of 27 HD channels.

If you look at the new list of 32 HD channel you will notice an extra Starz HD channel. The new list has the four new HD channels but it has these Starz HD channels below.

Starz HD East
Starz HD West
Starz Comedy HD
Starz Edge HD
Starz Kids and Family HD

So the old listing considered both the East and West coast feeds of Starz as one single channel while the new list considers them two channels. So that now makes the fifth HD channel even though we didn't get five new HD channels as they seemed to have shown us.

Old channel list.....http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=19455&d=1191992481

Compare the above list and count the Starz HD channels and compare the number with the new listings at directv.com.

Yesterday, D*'s website said 27, today it says 32, but I am also only seeing these four....what are we missing?

And where are FX and HGTV?!?
yesterday they saying 27 but there were 29 channel icons in the pic and of those were only 4 starz but it was really 5, Today thet say 32 but I count 33 with 5 stars. From the ICONS,i think thay have all the channels captured. I believe the count is now correct as they are showing GOLF and VERSUS each have their own Icons but are transmitted on one channel as programming dictates. I wish they would also include the National RSN's in the count to keep track of them.

I'm faster than you are ha ha ha...just kidding:D:D:D:D:D:D

I gotta say that this latest HD launch is umm a tad bit depressing but I'm still happy to see new HD channels.
Yeah, it's sort of like after Christmas when you were a kid, you have all the anticipation, you play with everything and then you say I can't wait 'til next Christmas. I am both a movie and local sports fan, so being in the Chicago area I have had ComcastHD for months now, so all the other RSN.s don't get me excited, although I can feel the pain of the people that don't have their local sports in HD. I was really looking forward to MGM HD and from what I have seen in the guide I will not be let down.

I gotta say that this latest HD launch is umm a tad bit depressing but I'm still happy to see new HD channels.
yeah, it really wasnt much of a launch. More like a spit. I would really like to see them add more HBOHD channels. Ever since the starzhd launch the other premiums look pathetic.

One thing you need to remember in regards to the banner that said 27 new HD channels was that it was put up before MHD was added on Thursday. When MHD was added the banner was never changed to say 28.

Status
Please reply by conversation.