What we are hearing...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't understand all of the Swanni bashing. Most people on here get their info from others yet claim it as being original. It seems like a lot of people here follow the "Microsoft stinks", "Fox is fair and balanced", etc. If somebody says it, they'll repeat it without having done any research on their own. I've seen multiple posts that originated on his site later posted here.

The important part of the phrases "up to 75 markets" and "up to 100 national channels" is the "up to" part. They could be done right now and get away with it.

Yeah, but if D* had contracts for 150 channels to be in HD by the end of the year and only 99 delivered, people would blame D*.

Purtman,

With respect to MSG & FSNY HD, dbstalk & here, had the info on the web first. Satelliteracer posted the info and it was carried over here. A week later Swanni puts it up on his site, the day before the channels are to launch. Yeah people get info from all over the place, but if you are a D* or E* sub or both, those sites are the ones to get all the info with the Sat companies IMO. Since a lot of news is posted on these sites first then spread to other sites, just my observation. Also I think if Swanni said as reported on Satelliteguys & dbstalk, these channels are to launch, instead of industry insider, the bashing would be kept to a minimum.

Purtman,

With respect to MSG & FSNY HD, dbstalk & here, had the info on the web first. Satelliteracer posted the info and it was carried over here. A week later Swanni puts it up on his site, the day before the channels are to launch. Yeah people get info from all over the place, but if you are a D* or E* sub or both, those sites are the ones to get all the info with the Sat companies IMO. Since a lot of news is posted on these sites first then spread to other sites, just my observation. Also I think if Swanni said as reported on Satelliteguys & dbstalk, these channels are to launch, instead of industry insider, the bashing would be kept to a minimum.

I've seen Swanni say that it has been reported on those sites in the past. There have been postings by Satelliteracer and Bschneider in the past that have been wrong. They're usually pretty accurate, but not always. So rather than bash the person like some are in the habit of doing, just let it slide. Most of the people on here who bash him haven't done one thing themselves. I guess if bashing others makes you feel good, well ...

You are mis-quoting again.
You must be missing something.

DIRECTV Q1 2007 Earnings Call Transcript - Seeking Alpha

Chase Carey 2007 Q1 conference call said:
This satellite will also provide us with capacity to continue to deliver local HD channels, looking to target about 75 markets that we would be at towards the end of the year, that would represent about 75% of US households to be up from 59 -60 markets we're in today. The second satellite, DirecTV-11, is scheduled to be in service the first half of next year.
This begs the question of why only 15 markets when they have the capacity for dozens, but obviously it was the plan since before DIRECTV 10 went up.

You must be missing something.

DIRECTV Q1 2007 Earnings Call Transcript - Seeking Alpha

This begs the question of why only 15 markets when they have the capacity for dozens, but obviously it was the plan since before DIRECTV 10 went up.

Nope harsh - it's YOU that's reading this wrong. From your link:

looking to target about 75 markets that we would be at towards the end of the year, that would represent about 75% of US households to be up from 59 -60 markets we're in today

He is reiterating that they are planning to be at/about 75 TOTAL markets by the end of the year - he is NOT saying that they are targeting 75 ADDITIONAL makets THIS year.

Nice try.

Apparently, IMO, D* isnt willing to pay Sinclair and BELO like COx Communications and Verizon was. This absolutely ludicrous now that both Cable and newbie FIOS has the locals and D* doesnt. :rolleyes:

Well, my move is in April. If D* cant handle the locals I might have to look elsewhere :mad:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts