What will you do when Sky Angel DBS ends?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Did we really think it would be around forever? Well yea! Or at least until Jesus returns, which shouldn't be all that long off. So much for that global evangelistic mission via DBS.

I'm not sure exactly where their business model failed or else was just unrealistic from the start. All I know is we were not led to believe failure was a likelihood at any point with the possible exception of the transponder failures when channels were never restored. That was pretty much the only tangible clue that there was trouble in paradise.

Remember that Jim Bakker & co actually served time for making claims that were at best misleading and in reality unrealistic.

Come tomorrow it looks like we were the REAL April Fools for believing.

Being able to get christian programming via satellite is still around. Banking on the fact that 1 company will be around forever to provide it to you is kind of unrealistic.

Their business model failed because they couldn't make any money. Unfortunate as it is the market isn't that big for the service they were providing.

I'm sure they also made some bad business decisions. Offering lifetime memberships were probably one of those. Get some cash up front while (good) shooting your reoccuring income in the foot (bad).

Like it or not SA is a business and regardless of the mission their in the business to make money, or at least break even. Even our churches are businesses. Being active in my churches government opened my eyes to that. One bad decision can equal financial ruin.

So from everything I have read SA was supposted to continue to lose money just so all the lifetime members can continue to get programming? Where's the logic in that?

I suspect the legal relationship between the SkyAngel satellite operations and the IPTV business was worked out to greatly limit the chance that the new company would have any liability from unhappy lifetime subscribers. That is why you hire lawyers.

When I purchased my SkyAngel lifetime subscription I knew there were many chances for this to be a bad investment--company fold, satellite gets destroyed by space junk, my receiver go bad, etc. I am happy the service has lasted this long.

Although I will miss SkyAngel, I got my money's worth out of the deal. I wish them the best as they become an IPTV-only company. I will move on and will be thankful for the time I was able to enjoy their programming.

Earlier in this thread I mentioned some of the things I plan to do when the SkyAngel satellite goes dark. I'm sure these things will fill my entertainment hours completely.

I commend you for your level headed thinking. :up

What do you feel your entitled to? Businesses come and go all the time. Did you actually think that SA as a DBS would be around forever? Eventhough you purchased a lifetime membership there is still a value to the service you received. You probably got more than your money's worth.

Here's a link to a great article by Phil Cooke that addresses this issue.

A Personal Sky Angel IPTV Update | Phil Cooke and The Change Revolution

Yes..... Phil met with top SA management and found them to be genuine about their decisions and plans to go forward......

If they had just gone out of business would all of you people who are spouting demonic theories and conspiracy plots.... have had the same reaction?

Or are you just outraged because they have re-constituted themselves as an IPTV service.

The nasty comments that have been posted on this entire forum in the wake of the discontinuance of SA DBS service -- are really a microcosm of a force that is destroying the church today - LEGALISM!! ( The other force is liberalism -- but that has nothing to do with this discussion.) I think some of the ugliness displayed by those who are angry enough to call Sky Angel's current management un-Christian is deeply rooted in the flawed doctrine of the church affiliations that people belong to. It's truly sad....

The nasty comments that have been posted on this entire forum in the wake of the discontinuance of SA DBS service -- are really a microcosm of a force that is destroying the church today - LEGALISM!

I disagree. What is destroying the church today is fraud, deception, and misrepresentation. And oh yea apathy.

LEGALISM is what's killing off the evangelism.

The nasty comments that have been posted on this entire forum in the wake of the discontinuance of SA DBS service -- are really a microcosm of a force that is destroying the church today - LEGALISM!

I disagree. What is destroying the church today is fraud, deception, and misrepresentation. And oh yea apathy.

I don't disagree with what you said...... and I'm not a big businessman... no MBA here, but I don't think what SA did is fraud, deception or misrepresentation. I do think there are a lot of preachers who are fraudulent, deceptive, and surely misrepresent the Gospel.... and probably 40% of Christian TV is like that. So maybe 60% of the programming on SA is good. Compared to "other TV service providers" -- I'll take my chances with SA.

I agree with your statement of the church being destroyed in todays world. I think liberalism is killing it off more than anything. They have taken God out of just about everything. Children today are not being taught christian values. This is probably one of the largest reasons the church is being destroyed.

I'm curious, where exactially do you see fraud, deception and misrepresentation in the church today? This may be a loaded question, I don't see that but I do see it being misguided.

While SA might have filled this void with it's family friendly programming and positive message there are plenty of other places to find a positive message.

I am so sorry you feel betrayed and cheated. I guess I'm just trying to see where all the anger is coming from. I don't see it as being cheated at all. The company realigned itself and embraced different technology to try to stay alive. After all aren't we as christians trying to do the same thing? How would you change your discipleship to better serve the lord? Maybe that is exactially what SA did, change their ministry to better serve the lord.

Boy this got way off topic.............

I'm curious, where exactially do you see fraud, deception and misrepresentation in the church today? This may be a loaded question, I don't see that but I do see it being misguided.

I would answer that here except that I have restated my views numerous times in other threads already so there's little point, though if you are of a curious mind I invite you to read by previous posts in this forum.

Since as of midnight the point all becomes kinda moot for all practical purposes and short of something unforeseen I will be going my way and SA will be off into the long dark night.

I'd like to wish them well but as this situation has played out
and with many doubts as to it's chances for success the best I can say tonight is a sad goodbye.

I saw a commercial spot on DayStar for the GloryStar system. I guess I don't watch that channel very much after it left SA or else it probably wouldn't have been the 1st time.

I guess DayStar got the last laugh. It's on practically everywhere and SA is in service virtually nowhere.

Now if GloryStar only had TCT! :D

legalism?

Its not legalism that is destroying the perception of "the church". Rather it is the dishonesty, we are above the law attitude of todays TV evangelists as well as well as certain companies that use the "Christian" label rather carelessly.

Its not legalism that is destroying the perception of "the church". Rather it is the dishonesty, we are above the law attitude of todays TV evangelists as well as well as certain companies that use the "Christian" label rather carelessly.

The Lord has told me that if you'll just plant a $5,000 seed into "my ministry" you can be healed of all that bitterness and skepticism and love for worldly possessions that is holdin' you back from the promises of God! We're only tryin' to help you brother. :D

Ain't it funny that these seeds don't seem to come with a money back guarantee if they fail to prosper? :)

I saw a commercial spot on DayStar for the GloryStar system. I guess I don't watch that channel very much after it left SA or else it probably wouldn't have been the 1st time.

I guess DayStar got the last laugh. It's on practically everywhere and SA is in service virtually nowhere.

just saw a commercial for it on Safe TV too :)

Ah but sky angel did thrive and prosper because of the lifetime members seed. Prospered enough that they could expand, buy new property, build and launch IPTV. skyangel was and is still in the TV business.........

naples Fl facility, cleveland TN(5/2006) and then the land purchase, 23 acres!

a donation is a donation but they offered a "partnership/membership" that went along with the "donation"

Daystar and 3abn both helped skyangel get to where they are., Yet skyangel tossed them both aside..... I wonder just who will be here a year, 10 years from now? Which one will people choose to trust and donate to?

When Sky Angel
began programming in 1996, there
were just eight employees.Today there
are 120, and the number is expected to
grow along with the new corporate
facility. Sky Angel employs engineers,
information technology workers, cus-
tomer service and finance people, and
employees with a slew of other duties.
The subscriber base has taken off as
well.Sky Angel doesn’t disclose the view-
ership numbers because they’re propri-
etary information. But one trade organi-
zation indicates the audience is there.
A 2003 study commissioned by the
Satellite Broadcasting and Communi-
cations Association, located in Alex-
andria, Va., showed that 32 percent of
subscribers watched religious program-
ming, at least sometimes. Even more
tuned into children’s programming (60
percent some of the time), which is
plentiful at Sky Angel

Maybe we should make it an annual event to check back each april fools days and see who is the fool of the year. I guess us lifetime members get the award this year. who will it be next year IPTV members or sky angel..........

Remember : FOOL ME ONCE SHAME ON YOU, FOOL ME TWICE SHAME ON ME

Directv Family-A Winner!

Directv Family added Gospel Music Channel on March 19, 2008! This channel was my favorite on Sky Angel DBS. Directv Family also includes: World Harvest Television, GOD TV, Daystar, TBN, The Word, NRB, TCT and EWTN.

I also pickup (OTA) DTV locally with these channels: TBN, JC-TV, Church Channel, TBN Enlace, Smile of a Child and The Worship Network. These channels are crystal clear and FREE!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)