What would you ask A-Rod in today's press conference?

I can't go along with you on that at all. He was caught with his hand in the cookie jar. He did what he had to do - - apologize. He learned by watching Giambi and Pettite. Giambi was a man about it....Arod simply did what was in his best interest. If a denial was in his best interest, he would have done that.

The only other alternative was to defect, hide, cower, lie, deny and make excuses like a number of others (cough, Bonds and Clemens, cough). A-Rod took the higher road.

Stll, New York is New York, and he is going to get reamed every time he comes to bat in Yankee Stadium for the rest of his life, and pilloried on the back pages of the tabloids. I doubt he lasts more than another year in New York.

The only other alternative was to defect, hide, cower, lie, deny and make excuses like a number of others (cough, Bonds and Clemens, cough). A-Rod took the higher road.
He apologized? Hardly. He listed excuses many were lies. He was young and stupid? Bologna he wasnt new. Everyone was doing it? Doesnt sound like taking responsibility to me. He was GREEDY and wanted to get the biggest contract he could. Thats not young and stupid. :rolleyes:

In each interview we learn more. In '07 with Couric he denied using or being tempted to use PEDs. Last week, he admitted using something, he just didn't know what. Today, he knows what, how, and from who.

How many interviews will it take for us to know the whole truth??

A few rather amusing quotes from yesterday:

Johnny Damon following A-Rod's presser:

“Yeah he did some bad things. He took a steroid. Definitely do not condone that, at all, but there could be a lot worse things he could have been doing out there. There’s worse things that he could have done but you know, I’ve known Alex since he was 15 and he’s always been super nice to me and so I’m going to support him and try help him through this time."

Reporter:
"Johnny, what would have been worse?"

Johnny Damon:

"Murdering someone..."

Did anyone else see the funny similarities of A-Rod and our Ex-Prez, George W. in screwing up several proverbs and using words in the wrong context.......

"That's not for me to decide. I understand the questions and the doubt, and I made my bed, I have to sit on it. I'm here to take my medicine."

"I'm trying to get by the day today. It's been a difficult several weeks, and it's been very painful for me and my family. And I'm here to take my medicine."
:D:D:D

Well, At least he didn't kill someone.

According to Johnny Damon he could have done something worse.
"Yeah he did some bad things. He took a steroid. Definitely do not condone that, at all, but there could be a lot worse things he could have been doing out there. He hasn’t done a crime. So there’s worse things that he could have done but you know I’ve known Alex since he was 15 and he’s always been super nice to me and so I’m going to support him and try help him through this time." (Reporter: Johnny, what would have been worse?) "Murdering someone... There’s plenty of things that could be worse than what he did. (Reporter: In your mind, is what he did cheating?) For part time in his career, perhaps, but you know what, the pitchers that were facing him too at the time were doing it.

Well, At least he didn't kill someone.

According to Johnny Damon he could have done something worse.
"Yeah he did some bad things. He took a steroid. Definitely do not condone that, at all, but there could be a lot worse things he could have been doing out there. He hasn’t done a crime. So there’s worse things that he could have done but you know I’ve known Alex since he was 15 and he’s always been super nice to me and so I’m going to support him and try help him through this time." (Reporter: Johnny, what would have been worse?) "Murdering someone... There’s plenty of things that could be worse than what he did. (Reporter: In your mind, is what he did cheating?) For part time in his career, perhaps, but you know what, the pitchers that were facing him too at the time were doing it.

Read two post's above....

I can't go along with you on that at all. He was caught with his hand in the cookie jar. He did what he had to do - - apologize. He learned by watching Giambi and Pettite. Giambi was a man about it....Arod simply did what was in his best interest. If a denial was in his best interest, he would have done that.

Look.....when the story came out....EVERYONE WANTED HIM TO ADMIT IT....he did. EVERYONE WANTED AND APOLOGY....he did. NOW everyone wants his childrens blood and everyone that was ever involved with his steroids use. TELL ME, if he gave THAT up...would you guys be satisfied....??!! I HIGHLY doubt.:rolleyes:

Stll, New York is New York, and he is going to get reamed every time he comes to bat in Yankee Stadium for the rest of his life, and pilloried on the back pages of the tabloids. I doubt he lasts more than another year in New York.

Well...that was expected whether he was involved in steroids or not. NY media for some reason does not like anyone. Did anyone remember what they use to say about Jeter??!! Things like 'wet behind the ears'...'cant handle the big leagues'....'DECENT with the glove, useless with the bat'.....And seeing that Jeter has the MOST time with the Yankees, it take the NY media a while to warm up to you.

He apologized? Hardly. He listed excuses many were lies. He was young and stupid? Bologna he wasnt new. Everyone was doing it? Doesnt sound like taking responsibility to me. He was GREEDY and wanted to get the biggest contract he could. Thats not young and stupid. :rolleyes:

He did apologize. And he admitted to take PEDs...what ELSE you wanted?

He does not owe you, me or anyone else NOTHING except 40+ homers, 125+ RBIs and .325+....

....that's IT...that is ALL he owes ANYONE. PERIOD. NOT HIS JOB to be an idol, WE the fans put him and ALL athletes on the mountain top. THEY did not ask for this. THEIR ONLY JOB is to be athletes.....NOT RAISE your children....

...when are you folks gonna take the train out of LA LA Land and come to reality.

Look.....when the story came out....EVERYONE WANTED HIM TO ADMIT IT....he did. EVERYONE WANTED AND APOLOGY....he did. NOW everyone wants his childrens blood and everyone that was ever involved with his steroids use. TELL ME, if he gave THAT up...would you guys be satisfied....??!! I HIGHLY doubt.:rolleyes:

He's a cheater and there's nothing he could do to "satisfy" me. My comment pertained to HD saying something along the lines of "at least he was a man about it."

To me, lying for years, getting busted red-handed and then apologizng because its the best thing to do is NOT "being a man about it." Coming clean before being busted would have been being a man.....going into damage control is not.

Did anyone esle catch this screen grab from CBS Sportsline yesterday?..... LOL, the irony.

arodlies.jpg

He's a cheater and there's nothing he could do to "satisfy" me. My comment pertained to HD saying something along the lines of "at least he was a man about it."

To me, lying for years, getting busted red-handed and then apologizng because its the best thing to do is NOT "being a man about it." Coming clean before being busted would have been being a man.....going into damage control is not.

I guess being a "man about it", wasn't the best choice of words. But I certainly think his actions so far have been better than the alternative to lying or denying his involvement with steroids.

I guess being a "man about it", wasn't the best choice of words. But I certainly think his actions so far have been better than the alternative to lying or denying his involvement with steroids.

Yes. He took the best course of action given his circumstances, but his actions post-bust are hardly virtuous.

Just watched the press conference.

A few thoughts...

Whether or not you accept A-Rod's apology, you have to admit he was a man about coming forth with the truth. Again, it's up to you whether or not you believe that A-Rod is telling the whole truth or just part of the truth. However, he has admitted his mistake and didn't deny this or hide from it in any way. I can respect that.

For the sake of baseball to move forward, we need to not dwell on this as fans. Trust that there has been a lesson learned by all of the players who are now exposed. Trust in the new, more strict testings now in place. Trust that the game will become better from this experience.

In such a trying for Baseball, I'm willing to move forward for the good of the game. Are you?

Play Ball !!!!

Thank you for that, couldn't have said it better.

So there is NOTHING in your past that you have not lied about that you have hidden in the closet so to speak?

I just find it funny that suddenly EVERYONE has become either Gandhi or Mother Teresa when it comes to OTHER people making mistakes.

I had an interesting conversation with one of the kids I coached in high school about the comment of "not knowing what he might have been injesting" when they originally asked him about orally taking PEDs and he said something that caught my attention and I have seen personally. He said, "coach, as much as I work out...I take tons of supplements from GNC and I would not be surprised that we take something we might not know it's in the list of banned substances from GNC. Once you get into the majors and you are an established star, you no longer under the team trainers supervision but under a personal trainer that most of the time gets approved by the team trainer." I flat out asked him if he is taking or ever took...and looked me in the eyes and said firmly, "NO". I have known him since he was 14....and have known his family for the 11 years I have been here...I believe him. He is now playing AA for the Colorado Rockies as a 21 year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts