What would you ask A-Rod in today's press conference?

I guess being a "man about it", wasn't the best choice of words. But I certainly think his actions so far have been better than the alternative to lying or denying his involvement with steroids.

He WAS a man about because he STILL COULD HAVE DENIED it. Like Clemens or Bonds. Do NOT APOLOGIZE about your comments. Whether there is an agenda for what he did or not, he still had to "MAN UP" in public....he didn't have some publicist send some typed up message....he did it infront of THE TOUGHEST MEDIA in the World....the NYC media.

...so yes, he WAS A MAN ABOUT IT!!!

Nice job HD!!!:up:up:up

So there is NOTHING in your past that you have not lied about that you have hidden in the closet so to speak?

I just find it funny that suddenly EVERYONE has become either Gandhi or Mother Teresa when it comes to OTHER people making mistakes.

Of course there is. But if I got busted lying about it, I wouldn't feel honorable about coming clean and apologizing after the fact. :)

I wish no ill-will on Arod. He made a mistake and he will pay the natural consequences.

A-Rod beat Bonds, Palmeiro, McGwire, Clemens, Sosa, and the rest by a mile by actually admitting to what he did. Or, at least to what he was caught doing, anyway.

Well, sort of. He loses me when he starts talking about over the counter stuff in the Dominican Republic, and being vague about knowing if it was bad.

But the truth is, New York fans want to forgive A-Rod. Bring us a championship, and all is well...until the next fiasco, anyway.

Sandra

He WAS a man about because he STILL COULD HAVE DENIED it. Like Clemens or Bonds. Do NOT APOLOGIZE about your comments. Whether there is an agenda for what he did or not, he still had to "MAN UP" in public....he didn't have some publicist send some typed up message....he did it infront of THE TOUGHEST MEDIA in the World....the NYC media.

...so yes, he WAS A MAN ABOUT IT!!!

Nice job HD!!!:up:up:up

What he did was analogous to a convicted criminal apologizing to his victim in court in hopes of receiving a lighter sentence. That's NOT being a man...its self-serving damage control at its finest.

As I said before, its better than denial or silence, but it was self-serving.

Of course there is. But if I got busted lying about it, I wouldn't feel honorable about coming clean and apologizing after the fact. :)

I wish no ill-will on Arod. He made a mistake and he will pay the natural consequences.

Look at it this way...does an athlete want to be a pro to become a HOFer or does wanna become a pro to win championships??!!

ALL will say being HOFer is icing on the cake IF they can win a couple of championships. IF A-Rod wins a World Series or two, he will be happy about his career because he will ALWAYS be considered one of the best of all time.

Look at it this way...does an athlete want to be a pro to become a HOFer or does wanna become a pro to win championships??!!

ALL will say being HOFer is icing on the cake IF they can win a couple of championships. IF A-Rod wins a World Series or two, he will be happy about his career because he will ALWAYS be considered one of the best of all time.

It will be interesting to see how history judges him......I have a feeling he'll be viewed as both great and highly tarnished.

What he did was analogous to a convicted criminal apologizing to his victim in court in hopes of receiving a lighter sentence. That's NOT being a man...its self-serving damage control at its finest.

As I said before, its better than denial or silence, but it was self-serving.

There is a big difference between saying it to a judge and saying it to media...BIG DIFFERENCE!!!

It will be interesting to see how history judges him......I have a feeling he'll be viewed as both great and highly tarnished.

There is NO DOUBT about that. IF the COMPLETELY truth EVER comes out, they will have to have a seperation of records...."dead ball era", "PED era"....something along those lines.

Some of the NY media assessment:

back021809.jpg

gal_back_02_18.jpg

Well...so far, no one is deny anything from either side and A-Rod told the truth when he said that his cousin would do more or less whatever he wanted.

What really bugs me is HOW the media got his PRIVATE CELL number. I mean either someone close to them gave the media that number or someone from the cell phone company provided that number for them. Isn't that invasion of privacy?

Well...so far, no one is deny anything from either side and A-Rod told the truth when he said that his cousin would do more or less whatever he wanted.

What really bugs me is HOW the media got his PRIVATE CELL number. I mean either someone close to them gave the media that number or someone from the cell phone company provided that number for them. Isn't that invasion of privacy?

In today's world of information availability and exchange, it was only a matter of time before this cousin was found.

In today's world of information availability and exchange, it was only a matter of time before this cousin was found.

Yeah but since when has cell phone numbers EVER been published! I am sorry, but that is way beyond invasion of privacy. SOMEONE gave it to ESPN or someone in the cell phone company was bought off and if it's the later...they should be fired immediately!

Yeah but since when has cell phone numbers EVER been published! I am sorry, but that is way beyond invasion of privacy. SOMEONE gave it to ESPN or someone in the cell phone company was bought off and if it's the later...they should be fired immediately!
Sucart would tell anyone who would listen he was Rodriguez's cousin.

He said Sucart would often call boasting about being on the Rangers' team plane, telling Colaw where the team was headed and when he'd be back in town to train.
If that's the case, plenty of people had his number and someone probably didn't think twice about giving it out...

Looks like another part of A-Rod's* story has been investigated:

According to the official in charge of the agency which regulates pharmaceutical drugs in the Dominican Republic, Primobolan was not available for legal purchase, over-the-counter or with a prescription in his country between 2001 and 2003.

Dr. Pia Veras, who oversees the regulatory agency, told ESPNdeportes.com that Primobolan is known as "boli" in the streets of Dominican Republic, and was not legal for purchase during the aforementioned years.

"What Alex Rodriguez stated at the press conference [in Tampa] doesn't make sense," Veras said. "It is important for us to clarify that such substance has not been registered and is not currently registered for legal sale in Dominican pharmacies -- not now and the same applies for the years 2001 to 2003."
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3920425"]Primobolan, drug Alex Rodriguez used, not available for legal purchase in the Dominican Republic - ESPN[/ame]

Wow. If thats true, I don't understand how he could be so stupid as to continue to lie?!?!