What would you ask A-Rod in today's press conference?

He didn't admit it. He got caught. He kind of stated it was true but he has lied about it still. When you apologize, you are sincere. When you continue to lie you have not been sincere in your apology.

The problem is A-Rod. He could have stopped this dead in its tracks with the truth. His attitude, his continual lying, is what keeps this story going. It is nobody's fault but his own for allowing this to continue.

Yes, baseball will survive this but when baseball's Golden Boy takes this type of whuppin, it hurts the game. Nobody likes a cheater!!!!

By the way, I am happy the Braves did not sign Burnett, Griffey, and Furcal. I still wish they would go after Manny.

Whether he admitted it because he was caught or because he wanted to come clean, does it matter?? Really....does it. Everyone wanted him to admit it....he did. Everyone wanted an apology....he did THAT too. SOME clamored for "WHO GAVE THEM TO YOU?" ....guess what, you got a name and a face. Where is Clemens admission? Where is Bonds admission?

...and finally, where is the admission of the 100+ OTHER ball players that supposedly tested positive? Why aren't YOU calling for them?!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hell...he has admitted to MORE than Giambi and Pettit COMBINED....why are not going all apeshit and stupid over them?? Because he is a Yankee and because he is A-Rod.....plain and simple. A-Rod taking PEDs is officially OLD NEWS....time to move on.:eureka

The good news is Arod will always be known as the cheater. I like that. Now , will he admit to the other things he's done? I doubt it . He still hasn't told the whole truth about the roids.

The good news is Arod will always be known as the cheater. I like that. Now , will he admit to the other things he's done? I doubt it . He still hasn't told the whole truth about the roids.

With the underline statement, we know what YOUR agenda is....

He will also be known as one of the greatest baseball players to play the game, as well as Clemens and Bonds. McGuire WITHOUT the homers was nothing, same could be said about Sammy Sosa. Palmiero, who knows.

With the underline statement, we know what YOUR agenda is....

He will also be known as one of the greatest baseball players to play the game, as well as Clemens and Bonds. McGuire WITHOUT the homers was nothing, same could be said about Sammy Sosa. Palmiero, who knows.

My "agenda" is for him to tell the whole truth. And he has yet to do so.

He even lied during his last press conference. :)

Whether he admitted it because he was caught or because he wanted to come clean, does it matter?? Really....does it. Everyone wanted him to admit it....he did. Everyone wanted an apology....he did THAT too. SOME clamored for "WHO GAVE THEM TO YOU?" ....guess what, you got a name and a face. Where is Clemens admission? Where is Bonds admission?

...and finally, where is the admission of the 100+ OTHER ball players that supposedly tested positive? Why aren't YOU calling for them?!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hell...he has admitted to MORE than Giambi and Pettit COMBINED....why are not going all apeshit and stupid over them?? Because he is a Yankee and because he is A-Rod.....plain and simple. A-Rod taking PEDs is officially OLD NEWS....time to move on.:eureka

The post was not about any other player, it was about A-Rod. You keep asking why can't we just move on and my point was, we could and would have, if he had been forthright to begin with. That was my point, A-Rod has prolonged this. Nobody else but him.

The post was not about any other player, it was about A-Rod. You keep asking why can't we just move on and my point was, we could and would have, if he had been forthright to begin with. That was my point, A-Rod has prolonged this. Nobody else but him.

Of all the players that have come out and admitted to 'something'....HOW MANY have told the complete truth OTHER than Canseco??!! Do you think ANY player will ever tell the truth?? Again....what about the 'all-american boy' McGuire??!! He hasn't even ADMITTED to it other than taking creatine....:rolleyes:

And A-Rod has not prolonged it. He had an interview with Gammons and a press conference....that's it. He has not been on TV with 'hourly updates'. So it has been the media and and 95% of the people that keep harping for the truth when you know full well you will never get it from ANYONE that has been caught.

Uh oh, those pesky NY tabloids are at it again!!!

Just when you think Alex Rodriguez has figured out how to turn around this public relations' nightmare, he does something ridiculous.

After Rodriguez won over some of the crowd and said all the right things during an interview session, he climbed into a burgundy SUV. As A-Rod approached the vehicle the passenger side window went down and Yuri Sucart was the man behind the wheel.

NEW YORK YANKEES ALEX RODRIGUEZ CLIMBS INTO CAR WITH 'STEROID' COUSIN - New York Post

Of all the players that have come out and admitted to 'something'....HOW MANY have told the complete truth OTHER than Canseco??!! Do you think ANY player will ever tell the truth?? Again....what about the 'all-american boy' McGuire??!! He hasn't even ADMITTED to it other than taking creatine....:rolleyes:

And A-Rod has not prolonged it. He had an interview with Gammons and a press conference....that's it. He has not been on TV with 'hourly updates'. So it has been the media and and 95% of the people that keep harping for the truth when you know full well you will never get it from ANYONE that has been caught.

I would love for just one active player to come out and admit he was "juicing", instead of being "outed".

I would love for just one active player to come out and admit he was "juicing", instead of being "outed".

It will NEVER HAPPEN. So for people to make A-Rod the poster boy for the lairs in baseball are retarded. It's VERY easy and convenient to hate A-Rod and Bonds because truth be told, they are a$$holes....but Petitt did the same thing and he NO WHERE NEAR admitted as much as A-Rod....and he is forgotten. McGuire...has ONLY admitted to the GNC thing, creatine(sp?) and NOTHING ELSE. Has anyone ELSE gone apeshit over him lying....nope! WHY? because they were nice guys.....and ALSO LIED! Petitt waited till he was outed and McGuire has gone be "it is my story and I am sticking to it" mentality....

...so this thing of A-Rod lied about this and lied about that...ALL grandstanding by most here because NO ONE other the Canseco has completely OUTTED HIMSELF.

...so don't expect another "Mr. All-American good guy EVER to admitted having taken steroids UNLESS he is outted. Just not gonna happen....

To ADD: Mike Schmidt ADMMITED that if the steroids were THAT prevelant when he played....he would have done them TOO!! Why ain't people having a cow over that??!!
Because he is a well liked baseball player.:rolleyes:

I do not understand on how you keep missing the point.

If your kids lie to you and you confront them, and they tell a little of the truth, and then maybe a little more, after you stay on them because you want the whole truth. Who is prolonging the situation? I would think the kids are because they did not tell the truth from the start and you had to keep after them for the truth. A-Rod is the kid and baseball fans and or writers are the parents in this case. Does that not make sense?

Alex Rodriguez was told by the New York Yankees to keep his cousin away from the team.

The message was given to the star third baseman on Thursday, said a person familiar with the situation, speaking on condition of anonymity because the team did not make an announcement. The message applied both to spring training and the regular season, the person said.

Rodriguez was also told the cousin should not be anywhere the team congregates, which presumably includes the team's hotel when it travels and the ballpark.

Speaking at Steinbrenner Field in Tampa, Fla., general manager Brian Cashman said only that the matter of Rodriguez being picked up from his spring training opener Wednesday by his cousin "has been handled."
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring2009/news/story?id=3936975"]Report: New York Yankees tell Alex Rodriguez to keep cousin Yuri Sucart away from ballparks - ESPN[/ame]

I wonder what this guy is like in person, away from the field? He strikes me as being an idiot. Apparently he can't be trusted to do his own thinking. He acts like he is "above" all this. He better find another PR service, this one forgot to tell him that hanging with his cousin is not the brightest thing to do right now. Maybe all those 'roids scrambled his brains.

I wonder what this guy is like in person, away from the field? He strikes me as being an idiot. Apparently he can't be trusted to do his own thinking. He acts like he is "above" all this. He better find another PR service, this one forgot to tell him that hanging with his cousin is not the brightest thing to do right now. Maybe all those 'roids scrambled his brains.
That's the part that amazes me and must really frustrate the hell out of the NYY brass; he actually had to be told not to hang with his cuz around team activites... :eek:

I do not understand on how you keep missing the point.

If your kids lie to you and you confront them, and they tell a little of the truth, and then maybe a little more, after you stay on them because you want the whole truth. Who is prolonging the situation? I would think the kids are because they did not tell the truth from the start and you had to keep after them for the truth. A-Rod is the kid and baseball fans and or writers are the parents in this case. Does that not make sense?

And YOU keep missing the point and comparing apples to oranges. NO ONE is EVER going to come out and just say...."oopps, I f***ed up and took PEDs....." before THEY HAVE TO.....no one! When THIS MUCH money AND reputation is at stake.....to them, it is better to NOT tell the truth.

....Here is a better example....I would say, that 7 out of 10 or even 9 out of 10 that are cheating on their spounces....will initial LIE because what is at stake.

...does THAT make sense to you.....??!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)