What's for dinner ?

I am going to try this. Are you using baby backs?

Yes indeed...

I'm telling you the meat comes off the bone with no effort...

Edit: Wife just reminded me that one hour should be enough if they are simmering in the oven, or you can even prepare them in a stockpot in top the stove to simmer them...

Last edited:
Yes indeed...

I'm telling you the meat comes off the bone with no effort...

Edit: Wife just reminded me that one hour should be enough if they are simmering in the oven, or you can even prepare them in a stockpot in top the stove to simmer them...
Ok got ya! I am really looking foward to this recipe!
Thanks to you and Jerrya:up

We cook ribs often. I usually boil them and season them, then grill, never tried this though. I will do it saturday for sure. I just have to decide between apple juice and sugar and coke now. I use coke as a marinade quite often. Works well.

Me too...you can also substitute the apple juice and sugar with a just plain old coca-cola and the acidic cola sweetens and tenderizes it at the same time. You just have to cut the cooking time in the oven to about 1 hour, or you'll be left with cola-rib stew and bones...:eek:

I do similar to this for a lot of meats, except I use beer and for the ribs, light brown sugar and Tony's seasoning.

I do that same recipe, but not in the foil. I setup my grill for indirect high heat and place the fish on a thin, moist applewood or pecan plank (placed over a drip pan on the cool side).

I did bourbon steaks last night.

1/4 cup of bourbon
2 tablespoons of water
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 to 2 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
A little salt and pepper

Soak for about 2 hours and cook

Gave it a very unique flavor

I like marinades. They make cheap steaks into something much nicer. Here is one of my favorites:

1/2 cup red wine (I keep a box wine in the pantry as it keeps forever.)
8-10 shakes Worcestershere Sauce
8-10 shakes Balsamic Vinegar
2-3 cloves freshly minced garlic
5 slices fresh ginger.

Baggie it and marinade at least 3 hours. I generally marinade overnight. I have also found that it works well to buy bulk steaks and marinade and freeze.

Place in a shallow pan with the marinade and rub salt, pepper, chili powder and paprika. Grille and slowly drizzle the remaining marinade while grilling. This builds up a nice glaze. The trick is to get the glaze on while not overcooking the steak. I tend to use a hot flame for a shorter period.

I did bourbon steaks last night.

1/4 cup of bourbon
2 tablespoons of water
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 to 2 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
A little salt and pepper

Soak for about 2 hours and cook

Gave it a very unique flavor

Oh man...this is SO going on the grill next week! Thanks! :up

You know...with the bourbon as a tenderizing agent, I'm thinking this would be great for a top-round london broil on the grill! You think?

Oh man...this is SO going on the grill next week! Thanks! :up

You know...with the bourbon as a tenderizing agent, I'm thinking this would be great for a top-round london broil on the grill! You think?
Welcome! It was very good, if not different from any steak I have had.

Sounds good to me, I will use it as that more often. I really like the taste

Edit: those ribs are in the oven as we speak.
Thanks guys

Just wanted to say, thos ribs were GREAT!!!!!!! My wife and I loved them

Her cousin and grandmother came over to see the baby about an hour after I put them in the oven and they were both commenting on how good they smelled. So thanks again guys:up

By the way, I used a mixture of sugar and brown sugar to coat them in. Worked well