What's for dinner ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I am going to try this. Are you using baby backs?

Yes indeed...

I'm telling you the meat comes off the bone with no effort...

Edit: Wife just reminded me that one hour should be enough if they are simmering in the oven, or you can even prepare them in a stockpot in top the stove to simmer them...

Last edited:
Yes indeed...

I'm telling you the meat comes off the bone with no effort...

Edit: Wife just reminded me that one hour should be enough if they are simmering in the oven, or you can even prepare them in a stockpot in top the stove to simmer them...
Ok got ya! I am really looking foward to this recipe!
Thanks to you and Jerrya:up

We cook ribs often. I usually boil them and season them, then grill, never tried this though. I will do it saturday for sure. I just have to decide between apple juice and sugar and coke now. I use coke as a marinade quite often. Works well.

Me too...you can also substitute the apple juice and sugar with a just plain old coca-cola and the acidic cola sweetens and tenderizes it at the same time. You just have to cut the cooking time in the oven to about 1 hour, or you'll be left with cola-rib stew and bones...:eek:

I do similar to this for a lot of meats, except I use beer and for the ribs, light brown sugar and Tony's seasoning.

I do that same recipe, but not in the foil. I setup my grill for indirect high heat and place the fish on a thin, moist applewood or pecan plank (placed over a drip pan on the cool side).

I did bourbon steaks last night.

1/4 cup of bourbon
2 tablespoons of water
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 to 2 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
A little salt and pepper

Soak for about 2 hours and cook

Gave it a very unique flavor

I like marinades. They make cheap steaks into something much nicer. Here is one of my favorites:

1/2 cup red wine (I keep a box wine in the pantry as it keeps forever.)
8-10 shakes Worcestershere Sauce
8-10 shakes Balsamic Vinegar
2-3 cloves freshly minced garlic
5 slices fresh ginger.

Baggie it and marinade at least 3 hours. I generally marinade overnight. I have also found that it works well to buy bulk steaks and marinade and freeze.

Place in a shallow pan with the marinade and rub salt, pepper, chili powder and paprika. Grille and slowly drizzle the remaining marinade while grilling. This builds up a nice glaze. The trick is to get the glaze on while not overcooking the steak. I tend to use a hot flame for a shorter period.

I did bourbon steaks last night.

1/4 cup of bourbon
2 tablespoons of water
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 to 2 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
A little salt and pepper

Soak for about 2 hours and cook

Gave it a very unique flavor

Oh man...this is SO going on the grill next week! Thanks! :up

You know...with the bourbon as a tenderizing agent, I'm thinking this would be great for a top-round london broil on the grill! You think?

Oh man...this is SO going on the grill next week! Thanks! :up

You know...with the bourbon as a tenderizing agent, I'm thinking this would be great for a top-round london broil on the grill! You think?
Welcome! It was very good, if not different from any steak I have had.

Sounds good to me, I will use it as that more often. I really like the taste

Edit: those ribs are in the oven as we speak.
Thanks guys

Just wanted to say, thos ribs were GREAT!!!!!!! My wife and I loved them

Her cousin and grandmother came over to see the baby about an hour after I put them in the oven and they were both commenting on how good they smelled. So thanks again guys:up

By the way, I used a mixture of sugar and brown sugar to coat them in. Worked well