What's next in HD and SD on your list

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Acerone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2003
Long Island
of channels you would like to see on VOOM. Oh and by the way pick only 1 each.

Me

HD: ESPN HD
SD: Don't laugh. HGTV

SD priorities: Absolutely must have Food Network. Wont switch to voom until I see Food Network in the listings. USA, BBC would be good. SciFi would be ok. SD ESPN and ESPN2 if programming is different than HD ESPN
HD priorities: HD ESPN would be nice.

Here is another idea- keep the multi channel count down to keep the PQ up. Dont have espn 3 and 4 and all the west coast and east coast versions of the same channel (DIS-W, DIS-E just to name a few irrelevant channel duplications). Just takes up space for marginally more programming.

I dont really care about locals over the dish- is voom going to not do locals? Only national content?

Honestly, I'd like to have INHD1 and 2 on Voom so I can finally get rid of Cable! I only watch those two channels on it! I get pretty much everything else, between Voom, and D*.

TODAY WAS V-DAY
Just Had Voom installed today the installation was a headache but when it was done and the dust had settled I realized why I had bought the HDTV in the first place. and once Voom gets the following SD channels I can rid myself of E* forever.

SD - USA, FoxNews, Sci-Fi, ( BBC and Techtv would nice)

HD- HDnet, TNT-HD, INHD1&2 ESPNHD9sucks as far as HD content, but it is sports)

I dont have voom as of yet (install on monday mar 8th). But....

HD: INHD or HDNET
SD: FOXNEWS

phaet2112 said:
SD priorities:
I dont really care about locals over the dish- is voom going to not do locals? Only national content?

Included in the Voom installation is an off air antenna to get your locals in HD (where available) and SD. They are not wasting any bandwidth on locals, and I get a lot more locals now than I did with dishnetwork.

I am sure when Voom starts charging ALL customers, they'll get a LOT more programming contracts in place. Once Scripps Networks gets a deal with Voom, I'm sure that HGTV and Fine Living and DIY and Food Network will ALL be on Voom. I like Fox News more than any other news channel, but at least they added CNBC and MSNBC.

I must have Food Network. If I don't get my fix of Good Eats I'm like a heroin addict. For now I convienently visit my parents on Wednesday nights:) As far as HD, INHD would be my top prioriety.

-Chris

HDNET
HDNET Movies
INHD
INHD2
ESPNHD

No SD, don't watch it.

I'll keep the Dish HD Pack until VOOM matches what that package has. I can't go without the HDNET channels, they are my most watched channels right now.

Equipment wise: HDPVR and Firewire. Firewire is a must have so I can archive with my DVHS deck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)