What's the proper DC Block to buy?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Turbo, thanks for the links, reading all those issues folks have had with that lnbf and the measurements and modifications to try and get it to work have given me a headache lol. I thought this was gonna be much easier: position the LNBF at the exact same angle as the old feedhorn connect a cable or two, use a disecq switch and voila! C Band and Ku Band, well not even close, ive spent the whole day and nothing. I've given up, back to where I was before today and back to using the old chaparral feedhorn and lnb. Since it is very very difficult and dangerous to make modifications to my dish (you all saw the pics it's in a very narrow roof), I guess the only solutions is to buy a servo motor from Skyvision and use it on this feedhorn like I had it back in the golden era of C Band, just that now it will tune some digital channels. Bye Bye Ku Band :(

here's the ole feedhorn for those interested

2nitjqr.jpg

I can't believe this piece of crap works better than the 2 new LNBFs I bought

Some things just work! Start looking around for a new c/ku feedhorn, like a CoRotor. Stogie sent me one awhile back, and it works just fine on c and ku both (digital too-10' Sami Mesh dish).
A replacement polarity motor shouldn't set you back much, most of the time I keep a spare around just in case. They always go out on Friday evenings and holidays so you will be down for a week waiting for one lol.
And yes, I'd be afraid to climb into the face of that big dish very many times. Now, is your avatar a personal picture or who the hell is that? Looks familiar for some reason......

edit: Maybe you can return that lnbf for some credit toward something else you need.

For C-band I would use Single, 5150

For Ku, I would use Universal, 9750, 10600

G4, Bloomberg and Telefutura Mountain are PowerVU encrypted. You won't be able to see them, period.

You need to try seeing stuff that has an F (digital clear, as indicated by light yellow color) See legend at the bottom of the page.

On 135, try HSN at

Frequency 3915 Ghz
Symbol Rate 3.980 MS/s
Polarization H

The BSC621-2 is a little eccentric, but it works for me. Does your LNBF have a skew mark as indicated by the arrow pictured?

Last edited:
Some things just work! Start looking around for a new c/ku feedhorn, like a CoRotor. Stogie sent me one awhile back, and it works just fine on c and ku both (digital too-10' Sami Mesh dish).
A replacement polarity motor shouldn't set you back much, most of the time I keep a spare around just in case. They always go out on Friday evenings and holidays so you will be down for a week waiting for one lol.
And yes, I'd be afraid to climb into the face of that big dish very many times. Now, is your avatar a personal picture or who the hell is that? Looks familiar for some reason......

edit: Maybe you can return that lnbf for some credit toward something else you need.

thanks for the suggestions!

as for the pic, that is the great German actor Klaus Kinski, I just find that pic and pose funny

For C-band I would use Single, 5150

For Ku, I would use Universal, 9750, 10600

G4, Bloomberg and Telefutura Mountain are PowerVU encrypted. You won't be able to see them, period.

You need to try seeing stuff that has an F (digital clear, as indicated by light yellow color) See legend at the bottom of the page.

On 135, try HSN at

Frequency 3915 Ghz
Symbol Rate 3.980 MS/s
Polarization H

The BSC621-2 is a little eccentric, but it works for me. Does your LNBF have a skew mark as indicated by the arrow pictured?

thing is I am able to get those channels, as soon as I changed the LNBF I got them again.

Unfortunately my LNBF does not have the skew mark, plus it's not even the same model, mine does not have the jumper cable like the one on those pics, maybe the model I have is the complicated one, and I can't even return it I scratched it so much today while testing it :(

In the meantime i'm gonna get a servo motor that way ill get C Band and then, when time permits I will try to get a different dual LNBF model so I can get Ku Band, which looking at the beams I get and the arc I have here in Mexico, im not losing THAT much if I dont get (97 was the one Sat I wanted because of all those foreign feeds)

btw anyone got suggestions as to where to buy a brand new servomotor? I emailed skyvision asking them for a shipping estimate for Mexico, it's been 2 weeks they havent even responded, and I searched on ebay but the ones I saw look like they are servos for something other than the Chaparral feedhorn I have

Thanks for solving the mystery picture, was driving me crazy lol. I must've seen it somewhere before.
Here's one place that sells the polarity motor : Servo Motors

Or probably find them on ebay, shipping might be cruel....

last ditch effort:

I wasn't following the thread, and just now kinda glossed over it.
No reason you shouldn't be able to get some sort of C-band on the BSC-621 family, no matter which one you got.

\I wonder a few things:
- is the dielectric plate in the throat of the LNBF? If so, that'll hurt your signal.
- I know I've posted pictures of skew* for these things before, are you -positive- you've got it twisted correctly?
- how 'bout the dish-to-LNBF distance? Is that correct on the 621?
- did you measure proper voltages AT the LNBF ?
- How 'bout aiming at some known clear channel satellite/transponder** and try that?

* Anole pix of skew for CK-1 and BSC-621 LNBf's
http://www.satelliteguys.us/1281374-post50.html
[09:19] <Anole> Fred - how do you orient the DMX741 at TS ?
[09:19] <Linuxman> you can put the 0 line at either north or south
[09:20] <Linuxman> it has a plus or minus 10 degrees off center if i remember correctly
Iceberg and skew of C2:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/186011-setup-geosat-pro-c2.html#post1939026

** Linuxman on C-band with 1m round Primestar
- if you can't get these signals on your BUD, -then- you've got a problem! :)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...mestar-mini-bud-experiment-7.html#post1509116

Cool. You say that G4, TelefuturaMountain and Bloomberg are ITC...

No reason you shouldn't be able to get some sort of C-band on the BSC-621 family, no matter which one you got.

Este es verdad...

... position the LNBF at the exact same angle as the old feedhorn ...
No. If you try this this you could get lucky. Or, you could go up and down ladders for hours at a time... I would not try this. Try something else.

How do you determine how much twist or turn to put on the LNBF in the scalar ring? (see attached picture)

...thing is I am able to get those channels, as soon as I changed the LNBF I got them again.

Unfortunately my LNBF does not have the skew mark, plus it's not even the same model, mine does not have the jumper cable like the one on those pics, ...

How can you tell what the same angle is, if there's no skew mark? The difference in models is that the switch is built in to the "less complicated" one. Otherwise they are very much the same.

This idea of saying it works with an analog receiver, therefore the LNBF has problems puzzles me. The adjustment can be in error on analog and a picture still come in. With digital, there is much less margin for error. C-band is some what more forgiving. Ku band is even less forgiving.

With digital it is all or nothing. Your old LNB is adjusted. The new LNBF is not adjusted. YET... You can do it... Now that the green reptile is watching and helping, this problem will be solved...

How does the OP adjust the LNBF? Does he take a small TV and the receiver up on the roof? Then peak the signal quality by watching the receiver meter and adjusting the LNBF position from there? .... position... in, out, turn left, turn right

If you can't take the TV up on the roof, you could have some one help. They could look at the TV and tell you the signal quality numbers.

Make small adjustments. Wait a few seconds (5-10) between adjustments for the signal to lock....

Sí se puede.

Attachments

• popper.jpg
    popper.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Thanks Harry and Anole!

I've tried every suggestion you have recommended and I still cannot get this thing to work for the digital channels. For instance, I got the LNBF at 12 oclock and I am now able to get analog channels, I get a picture perfect signal on Transponder 17 on G16R @ 99 but when I disconnect the LNB cable from the analog receiver and connect it to the Coolsat I cannot get a single digital channel, no WAPA, no NBC, no ThisTV (channels that I can tune perfectly with the chaparral feedhorn) Ive tried turning LNB power OFF/ON/by Voltage, Single/Universal, every combination possible and nothing. I also get a picture perfect analog signal on the ESPN channel @ 125 but the Church Channel, Trinity and the other digital channels on that sat have a very weak signal (again, when I use the Chaparral feedhorn I get them crystal clear). I am absolutely baffled as to what the heck the problem is. Maybe this type of LNBF is not compatible with the Coolsat 6000, I really have no other answer.

Thanks Harry and Anole!

I've tried every suggestion you have recommended and I still cannot get this thing to work for the digital channels. For instance, I got the LNBF at 12 oclock and I am now able to get analog channels, I get a picture perfect signal on Transponder 17 on G16R @ 99 but when I disconnect the LNB cable from the analog receiver and connect it to the Coolsat I cannot get a single digital channel, no WAPA, no NBC, no ThisTV (channels that I can tune perfectly with the chaparral feedhorn) Ive tried turning LNB power OFF/ON/by Voltage, Single/Universal, every combination possible and nothing. I also get a picture perfect analog signal on the ESPN channel @ 125 but the Church Channel, Trinity and the other digital channels on that sat have a very weak signal (again, when I use the Chaparral feedhorn I get them crystal clear). I am absolutely baffled as to what the heck the problem is. Maybe this type of LNBF is not compatible with the Coolsat 6000, I really have no other answer.

I have not read all the posts in this thread, but a couple things came to mind.
I am curious with respect to whether in your Coolsat, you have a setting for a DiseqC switch enabled?
What I am thinking is that if the Coolsat is calling for some port other than port 1, that it would be switching the internal DiseqC switch in the 621. At least I ASSUME that your 621-2 is one of those that has an internal DiseqC switch.
I'm pretty sure that even though you're only connected to the C-band port, that if you're sending DiseqC signals, that it will turn off C-band. Anyway, check the DiseqC settings.

Another thing that caught my attention, is that you say that you get transponder 17 on G16. The curious thing is that last I checked, transponder 17 was just occasional video, while transponder 16 is 24/7 and 18 has frequent video. So I'm wondering if perhaps you have the feed rotated by 90 deg so that you're getting horizontal on vertical and vertical on horizontal? This may not effect many analog receivers that are capable of using AFC to tune off freq to pick up the next transponder over, and it won't affect FTA receivers if you blind scan, but if you are trying to tune digital transponders via pre-defined Freq/SR/polarity, such as a satellite scan or transponder scan, then they won't tune in if you have the orientation wrong.

Just a couple ideas.

I have not read all the posts in this thread, but a couple things came to mind.
I am curious with respect to whether in your Coolsat, you have a setting for a DiseqC switch enabled?
What I am thinking is that if the Coolsat is calling for some port other than port 1, that it would be switching the internal DiseqC switch in the 621. At least I ASSUME that your 621-2 is one of those that has an internal DiseqC switch.
I'm pretty sure that even though you're only connected to the C-band port, that if you're sending DiseqC signals, that it will turn off C-band. Anyway, check the DiseqC settings.

Another thing that caught my attention, is that you say that you get transponder 17 on G16. The curious thing is that last I checked, transponder 17 was just occasional video, while transponder 16 is 24/7 and 18 has frequent video. So I'm wondering if perhaps you have the feed rotated by 90 deg so that you're getting horizontal on vertical and vertical on horizontal? This may not effect many analog receivers that are capable of using AFC to tune off freq to pick up the next transponder over, and it won't affect FTA receivers if you blind scan, but if you are trying to tune digital transponders via pre-defined Freq/SR/polarity, such as a satellite scan or transponder scan, then they won't tune in if you have the orientation wrong.

Just a couple ideas.

Hi BJ

The Coolsat 6000 does have a feature to enable Disecq but I have tested turning it off and on and get the same results = no digital channels. As for the internal Disecq switch, If im reading the specs right my LNBF does not have one

wa140h.jpg

as for Channel 17 on G16 I'm pretty sure it is indeed that channel since the color bars have a tag that says G16 Transponder 17.

Im pretty sure the problem lies in how to configure the coolsat to work alongside the LNBF, but I can't figure that out.

as for Channel 17 on G16 I'm pretty sure it is indeed that channel since the color bars have a tag that says G16 Transponder 17.

Im pretty sure the problem lies in how to configure the coolsat to work alongside the LNBF, but I can't figure that out.

yeah TP17 on analog is the colors bars that usually says "Buena Vista" and the info

setup on the Coolsat should be
SINGLE
5150 frequency
LNB power on

the rest can be turned off unless you have a switch involved

then blind scan and see if it works. Since you get analog it should work for digital. I have the same receiver (well the 5000) and I have G16 scanned in

.... As for the internal Disecq switch, If im reading the specs right my LNBF does not have one

OK, I see your attachment says 621-2D , and I was thinking it was just 621-2 . The 621-2 used to have the internal switch. Perhaps this "D" version is different. I WAS looking at your picture, and didn't see the extra port for the jumper coax, but was assuming that it was just hidden.
Oh well, I guess I don't have any useful ideas either.

yeah TP17 on analog is the colors bars that usually says "Buena Vista" and the info

setup on the Coolsat should be
SINGLE
5150 frequency
LNB power on

the rest can be turned off unless you have a switch involved

then blind scan and see if it works. Since you get analog it should work for digital. I have the same receiver (well the 5000) and I have G16 scanned in

did that several times to no avail :(

Im just gonna write this one in the loss column and get a different brand of C Ku Band LNBF

at least Im enjoying several C Band FTA channels with the old chaparral, only problem is I gotta go to the roof to manually rotate the polarity until I get a new servo motor

so the Coolsat works fine with the Chaparral and not the DMSI one?

My analog receiver works fine with the DMSI LNBF (at least I get the Horizontal channels)

The Coolsat works fine with the Chaparral (but only gets either V or H polarity since it has no servo)

But I cannot get both the DMSI lnbf AND the coolsat to work together

I know it makes no sense!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)