When Will Sirius come out with a Portable?

overclocked

Original poster
Nov 8, 2004
I know XM radio will come out with one later in December. But I really would like Sirius to come out with a portable.

No I want a mp3 size player for Sirius... this is the one XM is coming out withhttp://www.xmradio.com/myfi/index.jsp

Welcome to Satelliteguys!!

Rumor has it that Sirius will have one out by summer of 2005.

overclocked said:
No I want a mp3 size player for Sirius... this is the one XM is coming out withhttp://www.xmradio.com/myfi/index.jsp

May I ask why the mp3 feature is important to you? Personally, I don't think I would want that feature, but am curious if I am missing anything. To me the whole idea of satrad is the spontaneity of the music and to get away from the jukeboxes. I always feel like I am missing something if it is not live. But I am compulsive and want it now kinda guy.

Thanks in advance...

I would like one with MP3, just because there are time when you can get a Satellite Radio signal. I would like to have the option to fall back and hear something I like. On a portable its main use would be listening to SatelliteRadio, however once again its nice when I can fall back on something when there is no Satellite Signal.

I think he was asking when an MP3 sized (I.E. ipod size) Sirius receiver was coming out.

Neutron said:
I think he was asking when an MP3 sized (I.E. ipod size) Sirius receiver was coming out.

Oh! Pardon me.....

Sirius should have something like that in 8 to 12 months. But once again, I don't want that either (I think). I have to see what I am listening to. That's the reason I bought the Kenwood KVT 915 touchscreen. It has big enough fonts for my tired old eyes to read. But I could see a need to have a small one for sitting in Reliant Stadium or Miute Maid Park listening to the other games.

walkman

I've been waiting for a smaller portable device to bring sirius with me everywhere; walking, at the gym, etc... I think once they can come out with this to compete with the XM version of this product then they will be better able to compete. I just got a sirius subscription a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it and Ive just been dying to be able to take it with me anywhere.

Thats what Ive head, they should have 1 out by summer, that size. I don't think it will be that early. I trust it will be out in the next 8-10 months in time for Christmas next year.

Even if ready, I say they hold off on the release and hope for a better sale during Christmas.

--I just got my sub about a week half ago Jenny, and my Sirius is turned on of the morning and off when I go to bed. My TV is getting neglected, I may have watched 4 hours of TV since I got my receivers Sat. Im still finding new things on here.

Sirius Portable

Brix said that the Streamer Lite will be here around the first of year. The unit will not have any recording features. Sirius should have MP3 and other features in a portable unit by May '05. There are some very interesting products in the pipeline. Hopefully we will see them at CES.

Brix Streamer Lite Picture

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)