Where is the 80 channel horse racing package?

dead as far as dish carrying it or dead as in the package never launched anywhere

Never launched anywhere? It's been around for quite a while actually, it's on Galaxy 3C. It was just going to move to Dish. Unless there's some other racing network I'm unaware of.

Galaxy 3C at 95.0°W - LyngSat

Racetrack Television Network

I say let it stay on Galaxy 3C. What were they hoping to accomplish by moving to Dish? Just satisfying people who don't want to have two dishes, at the expense of two whole transponders that could've been used for general-interest programming?

About two months ago I was at a customers house that had some kind of horse racing set up using a legacy receiver, and an old 300 dish pointed at the 110*. Don't know the whole ins, and outs about it but it was there with programming on it.

RTN's website makes it sound like they're using retired Dish receivers (and probably retired Nagra cards too) even before the move.

Never launched anywhere? It's been around for quite a while actually, it's on Galaxy 3C. It was just going to move to Dish. Unless there's some other racing network I'm unaware of.

Galaxy 3C at 95.0°W - LyngSat

Racetrack Television Network

I say let it stay on Galaxy 3C. What were they hoping to accomplish by moving to Dish? Just satisfying people who don't want to have two dishes, at the expense of two whole transponders that could've been used for general-interest programming?
There are many niche channels out there that fit the tastes of small audiences.
RTN Is just another interest service.
Is there a problem with that?

About two months ago I was at a customers house that had some kind of horse racing set up using a legacy receiver, and an old 300 dish pointed at the 110*. Don't know the whole ins, and outs about it but it was there with programming on it.
Racetrack Television Network.. It's been around for a while.
Plus on lkine there are all the racing feeds of the Roberts Communcation Newtork. They carry the track feeds from Horse racing, Dog racing and Jai Lai frontons.

E* does have HRTV and TVG. D* only has TVG and thay dont show most of the Cal or Gulfstream live. This is main reason I'm switching back to E*!

Yep, just what dish subscribers need several tranponders totally taken up with 80 channels of horse racing.
In place of what?...Every imaginable channel out there is available. HD? There is plenty of space for HD stuff to be added.
5..that's it..5 transponders..Big deal.

Please elaborate on your statement.

For the first part, I'm glad these channels are not waisting bandwidth.

For the second part, I would hope Dish would have put them on the Echostar 9 satellite, a non-DBS bird that used to carry some locals, but is no longer used for direct to home programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)