Where To Send Sirius Sportster Replay 4 Repair?

Nightbird

Original poster
Mar 29, 2009
USA
Hey Guys,
My 3yr old Sirius Sportster Replay is no longer working, as I get the dreaded "Aquiring Signal" message whenever I turn it on, both at home in it's boombox or in the car. I googled this issue and it seems 3-4yrs is the lifespan of these poorly built receivers. I really don't want to buy a new one because then not only will I have to buy a new car cradle and boombox, but will also have to pay their "new radio switch fee" which last I heard was $75.00 -what a ripoff. I am a lifetime subscriber so I have to keep using it. Does anyone know where I can send it in for repair? I contacted TSS but they only buy refurbished units from Sirius to sell, they don't actually do the repairs themselves. And Radio Shack (where I bought it) want's to charge me $20.00 just to send it in to have someone look at the thing with no guarantee they can fix it. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Those are pretty much throw away. I think you'll have to count your losses and upgrade your things. Radio switch fee. Never heard of it. I have put new units in my truck and the wifes car 2 times and have never been charged anything.

Not morally correct but.... I have seen many threads here where people called in to cancel and said their radio was stolen. They sent them a replacement and some I even heard got a new boombox when mentioned.

Call and ask first. That's free. My sportster went out long after warrenty, in dealing with tech dept they just sent me a new one. Out went the old in with new and all was good.

No hassles here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)