Which Is better for the money??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ok, if the new hopper will do 4k output via hdmi i may need to switch, unless directv can compete with 16 tuners in one box

Thanks for the feedback!, any big difference in the service quality(signal loss etc..) between the two?
On an even plain Id say Dish has the better equipment.
Some killer features like Commercial Hop(skip) Prime time recordings.
Plus my favorite feature-Blutooth for wireless headphones. At 51 my hearing
seems to be not as great these days, Plus I wont bug the wife watching tv late at night.

That said, Direc has been closing the gap with their latest equipment. Still
Not as feature rich has dish hoppers.

HD picture on both appear to be the same-Possibly Direc a smidgen better?

But if you are into sports, Its a no brainer-Direc tv all the way!
I have both. I get to see my Ny Rangers, Ny Jets....Down here in Florida.

That said, Direc has been closing the gap with their latest equipment. Still
Not as feature rich has dish hoppers.

i always found the guide info and search feature of directv more robust than dish
dish equipment was smoother, just not as much info

Thanks for all the input and opinions, I had a DTV tech stop by this morning and unfortunately where my apartment faces I do not have LOS for either satellite service, guess I will wait until either I move or property company here says its ok to mount dish on building.

It's been eons since I've had Dish. When I had it they only had 119 and 61.5, and I think 61.5 was only for Sky Angel.

I've had DirecTv since 2001 and went from dual tuner to a SWM system.

In my installation, I have nothing in the way of LOS, so rain has never been an issue aside from the heavy downpour's I'd just laugh at cable's commercials about watching movies on a rainy day and how it was impossible with satellite.

Generally, we lose signal just before a storm comes, the signal comes back just as it starts to rain, and then drops out again as the heavy rain comes.

In all the comparisons I've done, to match our Choice Xtra Classic package, we would have to get one of the highest packages Dish offers which does not equate to any savings.

Curious question. I thought each hopper only supported 3 Joey's. Has that been changed, or was I misinformed.

Thanks
The New Hopper 3 supports 6 Joeys and Has 16 live Tuners.

The Hopper 2k and Hopper with Sling, have 3 tuners and do support up to 4 each, But will only support 3 seperate live tv feed at one time.
That's why most 4 room systems usually have a SuperJoey which add 2 more Tuners for a total of 5.
Or people Have 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys for a Total of 6.

But Now you can have a Single Hopper and Support a total of 7 Rooms with 16 available Tuners.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

All I know is I was with dish for 12 years and got sick of the picture quality. I switched to Dish and love it. It's cheaper than Dish. Took me month to get used to it but I like it.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)