Which KU LNB/LNBF to test dish accuracy?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cream123

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
I have a 6' panel dish and will be replacing the C2 LNBF with a Chaparral 11-1329-1 Dual C-Band Feed Horn and two Norsat 8515 LNBs. Many users have stated that the best way to confirm the dish is on the arc is to first line it up with Ku so my question is which KU LNB/LNBF and how?

Can I use a spare Invacom qph-031, or do I need to purchase a C/KU combo, a Ku prime focus LNBF with special bracket or a Norsat KU LNB? What do you guys use and how do you test? Thank you for your responses in advance

I would think that the differences in the way each lnb mounts would cause the dish to be pointed slightly different. Just install the Chaparral feed you plan to permanently use and start working the arc in. C-band is a little wider than Ku but still can be tweaked and peaked.

........Just install the Chaparral feed you plan to permanently use and start working the arc in. C-band is a little wider than Ku but still can be tweaked and peaked.

I agree with this plan, concentrate on getting the dish aligned with your new Chap feed on C-band.

If you were already tracking with the C2 you should be pretty close already and have a great starting point.

from previous forum discussions...

I agree with the above.
But while you are at it, you might be changing scalars, so...

I'd measure the rim of the dish to the rim of the scalar, at four places around the dish.
They should all be equal. That puts the feed over the middle of the dish.

Then, aim the dish to TS, and throw a straight edge (vertically) across the scalar.
Measure the angle with your inclinometer.
Throw a board (again,vertically) across the face of the dish.
Measure the angle with your inclinometer.
The two should match. This puts the scalar parallel to the dish.

We've had discussions on how to use lasers to get the feed to the right place and aimed at the center of the dish,
... but on a little 6' dish and on C-band, I'm not sure it's warranted.

Let us know how it works out, and post some pictures. ;)

We are already tracking pretty close with the C2 LNBF already installed.
The reason I asked about using Ku was because as Anole mentioned I will be changing out the scalar ring and
thought at that time it would be a good idea to get a little more accurate.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)