Which LNB to buy for 110 119, Legacy, DishPro

nutshellml

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
East Coast
Good Morning, I'm over seas in DR and subscribe to DISHNETWORK totally legit except for getting the service out of the states. I need to purchase a DUAL output LNB. I was told it was the DISH PRO DP DUAL LNB. but then someone said i need a Legacy LNB. All i know is it has two outputs. I can't look at the one now because the plastic cover is not on it. This is for one of my satelittes that gets 110 and 119. If anyone can clear this up for me, i would be forever grateful.

Thanks in advance!

The way they have it set up is three satelittes, one LNB (w/ two outputs) on each, do I still need a TWIN or can i use a single/Dual (w/ two outputs?)

Would you mind providing a link to the one that you are referring to? THANKS!!!

I assume DR means Dominican Republic? You're probably using a big dish for each satellite, correct? If so, you will need a dual LNB and can't use a DP Twin in your setup. If you use Dish Pro lnbs and Dish Pro switches, all of them need to be Dish Pro. What switch are you using to combine the 3 satellite locations?

Yes, Dominican Republic, and three dishes, one huge one for the HD (channel master) and two more for 110 and 119. I have the DP34 switch and was told everything needs to be authentic DISH equipment. Problem is the guys that did the setup told me that i need to get a Dish Pro LNB, but then when i showed them a picture of the one i was going to buy (www / ebay) they said it was different. Sooo.. I wanted to ask you guys (experts) which one i need. If you can provide a link to the exact one i would appreciate it.

Definitely no LEGACY it won't work with DP switches. With 3 dishes you can use either Dish Pro single or dual LNBs NO TWINS. You will run 1 cable from each dish to the DP34 which is why either single or duals will work. If you need more than 4 outputs you can add upto 2 additional DP34s.

//headscratch//

This guy has a legacy rcvr. I use DPP twin all of the time on legacy stuff. -Replace a super dish with a 500/twin. One line to the rcvr and its done. I work in the US, so outside of the US may be different. If so, ignore my advice.

//headscratch//

This guy has a legacy rcvr. I use DPP twin all of the time on legacy stuff. -Replace a super dish with a 500/twin. One line to the rcvr and its done. I work in the US, so outside of the US may be different. If so, ignore my advice.
I don't know what type of a tech you are but he states he has a DP34 already and a high def dish. Every thing HD since the 6000 has been Dish Pro and a DP switch won't work with Legacy LNBs.

I understand that. It sounds to me like he has a legacy rcvr and a super dish. -and the 34 sw. 3 sat's, 110/119 and what is the other odd one....118? What legacy rcvr is high def? (I dont install any legacy rcvrs but deinstall them all the time) His first post says he needs 110-119. That isnt high def....

If he is installing new stuff, get rid of the super dish, and the 34sw. A 500 dish with a dpp twin lnb will run any dish rcvr (at least the ones we have here). If he wants high def (with a new rcvr) peak in the 129 or the 615, add it to the twin and done.

I understand that. It sounds to me like he has a legacy rcvr and a super dish. -and the 34 sw. 3 sat's, 110/119 and what is the other odd one....118? What legacy rcvr is high def? (I dont install any legacy rcvrs but deinstall them all the time) His first post says he needs 110-119. That isnt high def....

If he is installing new stuff, get rid of the super dish, and the 34sw. A 500 dish with a dpp twin lnb will run any dish rcvr (at least the ones we have here). If he wants high def (with a new rcvr) peak in the 129 or the 615, add it to the twin and done.

Frank he is off the East Coast of the United States in the Dominican Republic, his big dish is not a super dish but a dish made by channel master probably picking up 61.5. Try rereading his posts then admitting you are in way over your head.

The OP is in the Dominican Republic so they have 2 use separate dishes for each bird and they're 4-6 feet in diameter so no Twin LNB's can be used.
He needs 3 DP single (or dual) and a DP34 (which he already has) as noted above a couple times.
He's aimed at 110, 119 & 61.5

Not in over my head just trying to learn new things. What legacy receiver takes a 61.5?
Every Legacy and Dish Pro receiver that I know of can be aimed to receive the satellites at 61.5. Most of the broadcasting on it now is HD & MPEG4, it is part of the Eastern Arc.:):):)

What is your thing with Legacy receivers at no point does the OP state that he has a Legacy Receiver he only asks if he needs a Legacy LNB?

He seemed pretty set on getting a non dpp LNB so with that comes an older rcvr.... At least from my experience and customers.

Also, I wasnt sure why he would want the 61.5 with the older equipment. Something new to me, I guess.

He seemed pretty set on getting a non dpp LNB so with that comes an older rcvr.... At least from my experience and customers.

Also, I wasnt sure why he would want the 61.5 with the older equipment. Something new to me, I guess.

well Eastern Arc (72 & 77) do not reach that location signal wise and 129 is too low on the horizon. So the Carribean uses 119/110/61.5 (most HD for Puerto Rico is on 110 spotbeam)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)