Which NFL Games are you receving this week?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Its updated Wednesdays with minor updates after

as to what games for next week? I just looked in my Directv guide. Sunday's Fox game says "NFL Football" but that will be the Vikes game (if sold out). CBS games show already

Its updated Wednesdays with minor updates after

as to what games for next week? I just looked in my Directv guide. Sunday's Fox game says "NFL Football" but that will be the Vikes game (if sold out). CBS games show already

Thanks. I just looked at my guide on dishonline.com. That website is messed up. It shows the wrong affiliates for my HD locals and the right ones for my SD locals.

This is what it shows for my locals. The SD locals are correct.

NBC HD KHAS SD WEYI
ABC HD KLKN SD WJRT
FOX HD KFXL SD WSMH
CBS doesn't even show that I get HD which I do and the SD is WNEM which is correct.

That website is so messed up, but anyways back to football.

CBS early
Cheifs vs. Lions

CBS Late
Chargers vs. Patriots

and for my FOX early game I get NFL Playoffs? That is what the guide said last week for both of my FOX games until a day or two before the game too. I'll keep track of all these playoff games for you guys now so we can make some money at the end of the season.

If the Flint DMA is more than 75 miles away from Ford Field you **might** get the early Fox game. If part of the DMA reaches that 75 mile "halo" you would get the late game (assuming the Lions game is sold out)

Rule of thumb usually is if the local team is at home and the other network has only one game that game is the other time slot. If you're in the Detroit DMA you only get the 4:00 game on Fox

dang...according to preliminary lists you get Chicago/Nawlins

CHICAGO @ NEW ORLEANS (Buck/Aikman)
WSMH Flint MI
WXMI Grand Rapids MI
WSYM Lansing MI
WFQX Traverse City MI

Marquette is showing the Packers game
Detroit gets the late game only (SF)

If the Flint DMA is more than 75 miles away from Ford Field you **might** get the early Fox game. If part of the DMA reaches that 75 mile "halo" you would get the late game (assuming the Lions game is sold out)

Rule of thumb usually is if the local team is at home and the other network has only one game that game is the other time slot. If you're in the Detroit DMA you only get the 4:00 game on Fox

Flint is definitely less than 75 miles from Ford Field. I live about half way between Flint and Detroit right on the edge of the Flint DMA. My town is split between two counties. One county gets Flint and one get Detroit. I can drive to either Flint or Detroit in about a half hour.

So what you're saying is the guide is wrong and I don't really have the FOX early game. I get the Fox late game instead. I would like the Bears Saints game but if I was understanding you I shouldn't get the 1:00 FOX game. It seems like I should be getting Dallas and San Fransisco.

Dish "Locals":
CBS - Chiefs at Lions 11 am , Bengals at Broncos 2 pm
FOX - Cowboys at 49ers 2 pm
NBC - Eagles at Falcons 6:14 pm

Directv Distants:
CBS E - Jaguars at Jets 11 am, Chargers at Patriots 2 pm
CBS W - Raiders at Bills 11 am, Chargers at Patriots 2 pm
FOX E & W - Cowboys at 49ers 2 pm

So what you're saying is the guide is wrong and I don't really have the FOX early game. I get the Fox late game instead. I would like the Bears Saints game but if I was understanding you I shouldn't get the 1:00 FOX game. It seems like I should be getting Dallas and San Fransisco.

read my post after that...prelim reports say you get the early game on Fox in the Flint market....if you get Detroit locals you get the late game

read my post after that...prelim reports say you get the early game on Fox in the Flint market....if you get Detroit locals you get the late game

I saw that but my DMA is within 75 miles of the stadium so with the NFL's rules and the Lions playing a home game on CBS doesn't that mean FOX can't have a game that competes with the Lions game. Even from the Center of Detroit to the Center of Flint it is only 68 miles. Parts of the DMA are closer than that. My house is less than 50 miles from Ford Field.

Ahh I found a good explanation on the website. the506.com - NFL map index 2011 Flint is considered a secondary market not a primary market. They are still not allowed to show a home game that isn't sold out but they are allowed to show a FOX game during a home CBS game.

• A television market, in layman's terms, is the general viewing area of a set of local stations....i.e. the Cincinnati TV market is the area served by that city's stations.
  • A primary market is the one in which the team is physically located....for instance, the Bengals' only primary market is Cincinnati.
  • Most teams also designate secondary markets. In order to be designated as a secondary market, a portion of it must be located within 75 miles of the stadium. Not all teams designate all markets within 75 miles as secondary markets. For instance, the Bengals designate Dayton, Ohio and Lexington, Kentucky as their secondary markets, although not Louisville even though Louisville stations reach within 75 miles of Cincinnati.
  • Primary and secondary markets are required to air all road games of the team in question, and are not allowed to air blacked out home games (see below).
  • If a game is not declared a sellout within 72 hours of kickoff, it is declared "blacked out" and cannot be shown in the home team's primary or secondary markets.
  • In addition, the affiliate of the doubleheader in the primary market is only allowed to air one game. The doubleheader network first determines which game of theirs will air in the market, forcing the singleheader network to air a game in the opposite timeslot. In effect, this means there are two games aired in a market of a blacked-out game - one early game on one network and one late game on the other, regardless of which one has the doubleheader.
  • In secondary markets, stations simply air another game in place of the blacked out game, and both games of the doubleheader are still shown.
My updated games for this weekend.

CBS early game:
Chiefs vs. Lions

CBS late game:
Chargers vs. Patriots

FOX early game:
Bears vs. Saints

Dish "Locals":
CBS - Chiefs at Lions 11 am , Bengals at Broncos 2 pm
FOX - Cowboys at 49ers 2 pm

Directv Distants:
CBS E - Jaguars at Jets 11 am, Chargers at Patriots 2 pm
CBS W - Raiders at Bills 11 am, Chargers at Patriots 2 pm
FOX E & W - Cowboys at 49ers 2 pm

Damn!!!!!!!!!!

I saw that but my DMA is within 75 miles of the stadium so with the NFL's rules and the Lions playing a home game on CBS doesn't that mean FOX can't have a game that competes with the Lions game.
I need to add something. The only market that the rule applies to is the Primary market (in this case Detroit). Even if your market is within 75 miles they can show a game opposite of the Lions home game. You've posted the rules on what they HAVE to show (Road games) but unlike Detroit which cant show a game opposite Lions home game Flint can
We have the same thing in Minnesota. Mankato is about 80 miles from Minneapolis but their OTA signals can be picked up within 20 miles of downtown Minneapolis (I'm 20 miles away and can get Mankato CBS & Fox...the only stations in the market). They are showing the Lions game on CBS opposite the Vikes home opener. Minneapolis cant

I need to add something. The only market that the rule applies to is the Primary market (in this case Detroit). Even if your market is within 75 miles they can show a game opposite of the Lions home game. You've posted the rules on what they HAVE to show (Road games) but unlike Detroit which cant show a game opposite Lions home game Flint can
We have the same thing in Minnesota. Mankato is about 80 miles from Minneapolis but their OTA signals can be picked up within 20 miles of downtown Minneapolis (I'm 20 miles away and can get Mankato CBS & Fox...the only stations in the market). They are showing the Lions game on CBS opposite the Vikes home opener. Minneapolis cant

Yeah if the Steelers play at home they can't show the second game but Johnstown which is up the road can and the cable company has that station.

does Dallas really hate Houston that bad that they wont show the Texans game but would rather show the national game?
I realize the Cowboys are on the late Fox game but damn.....

does Dallas really hate Houston that bad that they wont show the Texans game but would rather show the national game?
I realize the Cowboys are on the late Fox game but damn.....

I noticed that too. It looked strange seeing that one little section of Texas getting a different game than the rest of the state.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)