Which one? Insignia 50''Plasma or LG 47" LCD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sammy PN50B550 is actually $949!! OMG! Its only $50 more than the Insignia. This is the ONE I will buy!

If anyone thinks otherwise, please advise.

It's a good choice. Enjoy. Be sure to read the threads on it over in AVSforum and try some of the setup advice. I think you will be pleased with the results.

Well, I called HHGregg and the first store said there is 0 in stock. Second store said there is 1 left. So, the first day the sale starts - they do the bait and switch.

I am driving out in a few minutes and not expecting to come back with the Samsung TV. Ill tell ya, its always something these days.

Here are there horrible ratings:
HHGregg - hhgregg.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings

Bought the Samsung. It is amazing! OMG! Colors are great, resolution fantastic. Watching most of TV in 1920x1080i (some in 1080p). DirecTV is great for this TV.

Get this - The price was $959, however when the salesperson added the 5-YR warranty Premium it added only $70 for the warranty! So I paid $1030 for the TV + 5 YR Warranty! The warranty was supposed to be $199 but for whatever reason combined with this TV it was being marked down.

For a price like that with 12 month no interest, I was able to purchase it.

Thanks all for your advise! Glad I did not go with the Insignia.. Hahah

(Sorry if slightly off topic)

A co-worker told me this is the order in which to buy a HD TV picture quality wise. Is this accurate?

1. Plasma

2. LED

3. LCD

Thanks,

Plasma's have the best picture quality, so yes #1. LED's are too new and might have issues. I would stay away from them for now. Go with Plasma overall IMO.

As an owner of all 3, yes i think plasma is 1. BUT, it depends on if you buy a lower tier plasma, as opposed to a better and higher tier LED.

I enjoy my 55" LED, but in the 50" and up department, the plasma usually offers more bang for buck.

Just buy a Panny plasma, if that is what you want, and have not worries.

Remember LED is not really LED but LCD with an LED back light. LED back light "works" because it is in the higher end sets, I think these sets would get similar but thicker form factors with fluorescent. I am not really convinced in the standard LED edge lit LCD screens that they gain anything except a thinner form factor. If they have an array of locally dimming LEDs for a back light (like the Samsung 8500 series) then I think LEDs really make a difference.

Very true. LED Backlight with local dimming is the way to go. The Sidelit is just for thinner panels, really, and some of the normal Samsung LCD's are better than those.

I have a 50" Panny 720P Plasma and love it! I recently saw the thin form factor Samsung (can't remember the model #) plasma at B.B. for $1299. Any thoughts / experience with that set? Might be looking for something new in the near future!

Only real negative to a Samsung Plasma, is that they can have more buzzzzzzz and tend to be worse with image retention (not burn in). They do have a little more accurate color than panny, but panny has better blacks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)