Which Package Do You Have?

Dish English Welcome Pack with HD Locals
Netflix with Starzplay
Online watch free TV episodes on SyFy, USA, TNT, and Hulu websites.

Last edited:
I got AET, with free hd, free platinum hd (i had actually just cut it last christmas), the $7 superstation (why dont I get a CW for free anyway?), the regional sports package, and the nfl red zone during the season.
2 622 receivers. I am considering going down to the 250 + just 2 movie channels instead. I dont think I could go to the 200, 4 people with different viewing habits at home.

AT250

we would save $15/mo by dropping to at120 and adding encore. only $7/mo during football season. not worth changing.

I got AET, with free hd, free platinum hd (i had actually just cut it last christmas), the $7 superstation (why dont I get a CW for free anyway?), the regional sports package, and the nfl red zone during the season.
2 622 receivers. I am considering going down to the 250 + just 2 movie channels instead. I dont think I could go to the 200, 4 people with different viewing habits at home.
Dropping to AT250 and 2 movie channels saves $11 a month over AET. So I'm somewhat like empiretc and his situation, not worth it to me.

I used to have AT250+Latino Bonus+Sports Pack (because of Redzone). Recently I downgraded to just Latino Dos, for the price of AT120 you get stuff from AT120+, AT200 and AT250, most notably your local RSN, Animal Planet, Sirius stations, Nat Geo, Boomerang, etc I might add the sports pack later this year when MLB starts.

Dropping to AT250 and 2 movie channels saves $11 a month over AET. So I'm somewhat like empiretc and his situation, not worth it to me.

That is exactly the reason that I still have AEP. I do not watch Cinemax and Starz all that much, I want HBO and Showtime both for the series (Big Love, Boardwalk Empire, etc... on HBO and Dexter, Shameless, Nurse Jackie, etc... on Showtime) but there is only $11 per month difference, that is about 2 packs of cigarettes that I don't need to smoke anyway :) So I just keep the AEP.

I have T250+HD Free+HD Platinum+Starz and if I had to give up something for money, it would be HD Platinum.

Also, I add/remove HBO & Showtime during the times they are running something I'm interested in. For both, Boxing is a big thing to me and Boardwalk Empire (HBO), True Blood (HBO). Currently those series are not running, and the boxing is virtually nil, so I have them cancelled for now.

That is exactly the reason that I still have AEP. I do not watch Cinemax and Starz all that much, I want HBO and Showtime both for the series (Big Love, Boardwalk Empire, etc... on HBO and Dexter, Shameless, Nurse Jackie, etc... on Showtime) but there is only $11 per month difference, that is about 2 packs of cigarettes that I don't need to smoke anyway :) So I just keep the AEP.

this is exactly the case. we do not have aep due to the additional receivers. we make it a point to keep the bill under $100. it is a lot, but actually doesn't seem too bad for 4 tvs (722k, 211k, and 301).

I'm off both HBO & Sho too since Boardwalk, True Blood, Dexter, & Weeds are not new.

hulu would be a great alternative for those shows. too bad the same cannot be said about boxing.

So true, but generally true of all sports. Watching that game or event as a freebie is difficult unless you want to watch it after a few months. There are some of the basic national HD channels that show boxing, but the really big fights are very much delayed (6 months + isn't uncommon). ESPN and UniversalHD have fights, but usually lesser talents. Some of those are very good as are the amateur boxing matches on VS.

i was meant hulu plus for people that want to watch the shows right away. @$7.99/mo it is a cheaper alternative. still debating it.

Galaxy 25 has been good for boxing, but like most FTA channels, they are spotty and no HD. sometimes it's easier to get friends together and split the cost.

Dish America with a Vip722. Seems to meet all my needs, and I really like the fact I can also record OTA. Had the Cinemax for a penny deal for a couple of years that ended last November and just as I was finishing my movie backlog, got the Starz for a year promo. Lots to record from there this month, and so I'm glad the EHD fee was waived as I just added that on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)