white springs tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I miss Whitesprings too. I also liked TalkStar Radio Network on the same transponder. I remember the days when you could have a fixed dish on 123 with an offset LNB for 129 and be entertained for hours. Oh well, things change.

I miss Whitesprings too. I also liked TalkStar Radio Network on the same transponder. I remember the days when you could have a fixed dish on 123 with an offset LNB for 129 and be entertained for hours. Oh well, things change.

That + OTA was a great setup!

throw in a DBS for 119 and have Nasa, Angel One, Ion and the audio channels (not Sirius)

ahh that was the "good old days" ;)

I liked Whitesprings a lot and I really miss them.. :cry:

Their streaming video is pretty low grade, very low resolution and when you scale it up to fill a 1080 HDTV it looks like Legos people. :(

Plus you can't record the streaming video. Not that you would want to, it being so low quality anyway..

Iceberg said:
throw in a DBS for 119 and have Nasa, Angel One, Ion and the audio channels (not Sirius)

ahh that was the "good old days" ;)

Yeah, I agree. But now I have NASA TV in HD. Not that crummy over compressed stuff that was on Dish.

Yeah, I agree. But now I have NASA TV in HD. Not that crummy over compressed stuff that was on Dish.

I've noticed that MOST of the stuff on NASA HD is still in the old format, a nice square box with black bars on the side. Wow........ So up with the times aren't they?

I've noticed that MOST of the stuff on NASA HD is still in the old format, a nice square box with black bars on the side. Wow........ So up with the times aren't they?

Budget cuts?

I don't know if I'd say "MOST". Little by little more of the programming is going HD.

I was watching yesterday and Commander Chris Ferguson was giving a tour of the ISS with a HD camera. The detail was amazing. Then I started to think that the whole complex looked like a bunch of school buses strapped together. I don't think I'd like to live there. Not even for a week.

I must be getting old. When I was younger I always said that I'd like to go up if the opportunity presented itself. Now you couldn't pay me to go.

It depends on the source. Many of their cameras are still SD, but when they downlink HD VTR feeds from the crew HDV and AVCHD cameras, the quality is jaw-dropping.

NASA-TV is a hodgepodge of different sources with different resolutions, bitrates, and optical image quality. The fixed onboard ISS cameras feed through a low bandwidth system that downconverts the video to PixelVision :eek: ...

Oh I agree that the NASA HD channel has a very good picture. I was just confused as to why the picture is inconsistent, sometimes full screen, sometimes not.
I would have thought that the Rocket Scientists would have all the most advanced cameras and stuff of anyone.

Oh and believe it or not, my mom can sit and watch the ISS stuff all day. I stumbled across what I guess is a feed of some sort on one of the ku satellites when I was showing them how to use their system and my mom chirped up and asked me to put that in the favorites list. I had to inform her that it probably wouldn't be there the next day. A week later she told me that it comes and goes and sometimes she'll find it and leave it on while she sits and reads the newspaper. I'm pretty sure it's not in HD though. Not that she could tell the difference. My mom has always had a mild interest in the space programs of the world in general. My mom is a trip.. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts