Why Canadian is the way to go.

eh no biggie. I had some weird stuff in there too :) Figured..might as well clean it up since the thread is pretty good with various reasons why people have Canadian TV :)

I'll throw my $0.02 of why Canadian is the way to go:

Main Reasons
1. French programming - 35+ chans vs. Dish's 2 (TV5 & RFI) + I teach French.
2. Time shifting
3. Detroit Locals

Not-so main reasons
4. Treehouse - for my youngin'
5. Watch tomorrow's Days of Our Lives today on CH - (wife's favorite)
6. 1888Oiseaux - Spring/Summer
7. Hockey
8. Curling

IMHO:
I loved EVU's overall interface and ease of use - e.g. color codes for channels to which you're not subscribed, search feature
I now have *C for US Locals, more-than-1 box on same sub

Can anyone tell me if there is any issues receiving BEV signal in the eastern part of Pennsylvania?

Also, any advantages/disadvantages on getting NHL CI from BEV opposed to Directv. One advanatage I know of regarding NHL CI with BEV is Flyers games will be available since Directv does not provide the local sportsnet channel in the area.

311Man said:
Can anyone tell me if there is any issues receiving BEV signal in the eastern part of Pennsylvania?
shouldn't be any issues. Your far enough North that you'll get a good signal

Also, any advantages/disadvantages on getting NHL CI from BEV opposed to Directv. One advanatage I know of regarding NHL CI with BEV is Flyers games will be available since Directv does not provide the local sportsnet channel in the area.

you CI question is here about the PPV ones
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=72640

other than seeing a gaudy "Bell ExpressVu" logo in the corner of each game, you wont get the PPV games

Also I thought CI had Commycast Philly as an option of showing the game? Or is that as a last resort?

That may be the case but I am in Philly market therefore all games are blacked out on CI since those games are on Comcast Sportsnet and should be watched on that channel. Problem is Comcast doesn't provide the channel to D* and probably never will.

oh ok...you're in Philly. Now it makes sense :)
(I know about the whole Commycast issue and not giving the signal to Dish & Direct)

311Man said:

Another advantage is that Bell NHL CI includes some HD games. Between TSN, CBC, and NHL CI, there were over 200 HD games on Bell. NHL CI provided the majority of these. I have attached schedule from last year to give you an idea. I would imagine that there will be considerable more NHL HD this year on Bell than last year.

Also, if you are a hockey addict, TSN has regular NHL programming "THAT'S HOCKEY" each day during the season.

If you are a NBA or MLB fan, SNET in Canada in effect has MLB EI-lite and NBA LP-lite with around 200 games from each including 2-5 a week in HD.

Attachments

• EVI CI HD.pdf
    18.6 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Iceberg said:
shouldn't be any issues. Your far enough North that you'll get a good signal

you CI question is here about the PPV ones
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=72640

other than seeing a gaudy "Bell ExpressVu" logo in the corner of each game, you wont get the PPV games

Also I thought CI had Commycast Philly as an option of showing the game? Or is that as a last resort?

PPV games are in the CI package.

311Man said:

I'm in New Jersey and the signal is plenty strong here. The meter's pinned at 100 on many transponders.

I actually got BEV for hockey a few years ago when Cablevision was hijacking Ranger, Devil and Islander games an putting them on Metro. Last year I added HD and wound up with pleny of HD hockey. Well worth the effort, IMO.

In addition if you're a football fan, you can get Sunday Ticket with the HD for way less than DTV. But even without it you get the Boston and Seattle networks so there's plenty of HD football, too.

robjlevin - Did you have any issues getting the BEV equipment across the border? I am Canadian and have lots of relatives back home who could get signed up with BEV.

I know the Dishnetwork dish will work with BEV not sure about the HD though. I am huge hockey fan and have CI on Directv but thought I could get more games with BEV CI since I don't have access to any Flyer games since Comcast SN is not provided. After suffering through OLN exclusive broadcasts I need to go back to watching hockey from my home roots.

Any one with feedback regarding any issue with shipping BEV equipment please let me know.

I got everything from Kusat. They were great...service and price.

I ordered the original system about three years ago and it shipped via the post office. Took 10 days but has no issues.

When I ordered the 6100 last year, they actually contacted my broker and activated it for me, packed it back up and shipped it UPS ground.

I got it in two days, which absolutely amazed me. Of course a couple weeks later I got the $20.00 customs bill.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat for the hockey alone.

Edit: GO DEVILS!! <g>

Last edited:
311Man said:
Is there any issues with customs getting BEV equipment across border?

I'm the only one so far to have theirs sent back. I never could get a straight answer from thm as to why it was rejected.

It was resent and came through OK.

robjlevin said:
... and shipped it UPS ground.

I got it in two days, which absolutely amazed me. Of course a couple weeks later I got the $20.00 customs bill..
Was it a customs bill or UPS's BS "Brokerage Fee"?

miguelaqui said:
I'm the only one so far to have theirs sent back. I never could get a straight answer from thm as to why it was rejected.
Customs Form may have been improperly filled out (or even forgotten). I've had that happen before with cross border shippings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)