Why D* or E* versus Dish or DirectTV

Maybe so. But think of how much space it saves to put
D*
Directv
E*
Dishnetwork
99% of the Satellite guys know what these mean. So whats the problem? Why change something thats not broken.

The original poster asked the question , not I. I responded that it was your choice to either type it out or abbreviate. I type it out and you are welcome to abbreviate.:up

Thanks for the feedback!

I do it because I would get in trouble here for typing some colorful adjectives describing both companies. So I look at the * as a self imposed censor.:shh

Okay ... I like this reason as the best given thus far!!! :D :up

I think what you're missing is the process of elimination. If you aren't sure whether D* stands for Dish or DirecTV - but then you find E* simple to figure out as Dish, then D* must then be for DirecTV. ;)

There are some posts however where people reference just "D*". By the content of the post, you can usually figure it out. For example: "How come Fox HD is not in my TurboHD package ... darn D* $#&$&^!" :D

I was really just wondering if there was some "other" reason for the D* or E* thing.

For me ... I can confuse myself so I will probably call Dish Dish and DirectTV DirectTV. :eureka

Thanks all for the feedback.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts