Why Does Dish Network Refuse to Provide a Hard Copy of Pricing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ULApproved

On Vacation
Original poster
Sep 17, 2022
Iowa City
Got a $500 prepaid Mastercard offer from Dish Network.

If you go to their website to design a package it automatically assigns a Hopper 2 if you have 3 TVs. I want the Hopper 3 added, but the only way to do that is saying you have 4 or more TVs, which would add a unnecessary Joey onto the bill and Joey lease fee.

If you call a agent they will tell you a multitude of things to make a sale. One acted more like a carny worker trying to make a hard sell buy saying they were adding things for free such as Hopper Plus. Another said they were adding the Hopper 3 for no additional cost, but that was not true as the price was $10 higher than a Hopper 2. Another one didn't seem to give a crap and didn't bother to ask any questions such as what type of Joey units I wanted and just wanted to quote a price to get off the line as fast a possible

The amount of money for the lease fees also differs. Sometimes they want to charge you for the Hopper units and or the Joey units or not.

I can't get a actual hard copy of what its going to cost from their online order form as that is broken and does include such things as taxes. I can't get a hard copy from their sales agents. One said they could email a hard copy, but then that changed only sending a hard copy to my email if I ordered. Another said they have no ability to do that all.

They really think I am so stupid as to agree to purchase based on a chat session as opposed to a written offer. I told them that their website ordering form was broken weeks ago - really shows what kind of customer service I should expect form them I guess. Fixing that would take one programmer less than a day.

Your pricing should be on the flyer they sent you with the $500 gift card offer. I believe you need to order using the phone number listed on the flyer along with the promotion code.

You can set it all up via phone then stop the process of the numbers don't add up for you.
There is a 2 year price lock on those offers usually.

Your pricing should be on the flyer they sent you with the $500 gift card offer. I believe you need to order using the phone number listed on the flyer along with the promotion code.

You can set it all up via phone then stop the process of the numbers don't add up for you.
There is a 2 year price lock on those offers usually.
The pricing on the flyer is $94.99 for America's Top 200, but that is wrong of course. If you go to the website and enter the pre approved code the price is listed as $89.99 which is discounted to $82.99 for 24 months. But the web site can't be used to figure the total cost as it will not let you add a Hopper 3 for three TVs and it does not show any government related fees or taxes.

I've talked to their agents on the phone five times. The last one said they couldn't give me a written statement of costs until I provided a credit card. They said they needed the credit card in order to verify that they could lease the equipment to me as its worth a lot of money. Just before that they said that a credit check would not be needed as based on my email and address already on file. Gee, how are they even showing prices for equipment via their online order form if showing a written cost requires a credit card.

Nothing but a bunch of liars.

No way in hell are they getting any credit card number!

• Wow
Reactions: TheKrell
Prices vary in cable and satellite. Part of it is promotions and these vary by the vendor and third party involved. It also varies by location, equipment, packages, number of tv's and the agents can sweeten or sour the deal depending on how things go during their interaction with the customer. The prices you listed are all correct on what you're seeing, dish can dictate what equipment can be substituted as can any company and that's their right. If you want the hopper 3 then go to planetdish.com and you can get it there for the same price, sales partners tend to have better offers than the main man who wants to get the full price, just be sure to be cordial as it seems that you're a bit heated and I would hate to see your experience be a bad one.

Reactions: lfp302
They will honor the price on their mailing. I received the same offer and signed up as a returning customer via the phone number on the mailing and using the promotion code.

If you add a Hopper 3 it tells you, although in small print, the additional amount you will be paying each month.

The promotion also states, I believe, that there is an autopay discount, which does require a credit or debit card.

It should all be on the mailing that they sent you.

My experience today while looking to return did not give the option for a hopper 3, it was limited to the hopper 2 so it's possible that either they do not have any in their inventory or they are trying to empty their remaining stock of 2's if it's being replaced by the 3.

My experience today while looking to return did not give the option for a hopper 3, it was limited to the hopper 2 so it's possible that either they do not have any in their inventory or they are trying to empty their remaining stock of 2's if it's being replaced by the 3.
Actually its because they refuse to fix their online order form. If you say you have 3 or less TVs you can only add the Hopper 2. If you change that to 4 TVs or more the Hopper 2 is changed to a Hopper 3, but of course that also adds another Joey you do not need as well as the lease fee. So the online order can't be used.

Customer telephone service can't be used because they refuse to give you a printed hard cop of their offer to study before you order. They don't want any customers! They seem to think they can play Russian roulette with the pricing. How many stores would buy from with no prices on the shelf and the store help tell you to buy the items to find out.

They will honor the price on their mailing. I received the same offer and signed up as a returning customer via the phone number on the mailing and using the promotion code.

If you add a Hopper 3 it tells you, although in small print, the additional amount you will be paying each month.

The promotion also states, I believe, that there is an autopay discount, which does require a credit or debit card.

It should all be on the mailing that they sent you.
YOU CAN"T ADD THE HOPPER 3 BECAUSE THEIR ONLINE ORDERING SYSTEM IS BROKEN!

THE MAILED FLYER IS WRONG!

FYLER HAS THE WRONG PACKAGE PRICING!

FLYER DOES NOT HAVE EQUIPMENT PRICING, LEASE FEES, TAXES AND FEDERAL GOVERNMENT FEES!

CUSTOMER SERVICE REFUSES TO PROVIDE A PRINTED ITEMIZED LIST OF PRICES!

A BUNCH OF LYING SCAM ARTISTS LIKE LIKE DIRECTV!

Prices vary in cable and satellite. Part of it is promotions and these vary by the vendor and third party involved. It also varies by location, equipment, packages, number of tv's and the agents can sweeten or sour the deal depending on how things go during their interaction with the customer. The prices you listed are all correct on what you're seeing, dish can dictate what equipment can be substituted as can any company and that's their right. If you want the hopper 3 then go to planetdish.com and you can get it there for the same price, sales partners tend to have better offers than the main man who wants to get the full price, just be sure to be cordial as it seems that you're a bit heated and I would hate to see your experience be a bad one.
Why would I buy a Hopper 3?

Waste of money!

The Hopper 3 can't be added to their online ordering process because its broken and they refuse to fix it. The only way to add online it is to indicate you have 4 or more TVS, which adds extra Joeys and their related costs to the order.

Customer service refuses to provide a written itemized list of monthly cost!

A bunch of scam artists!

I don't ever remember dish providing a hard copy of their pricing like that, prices vary and can change without notice so the price on the flier does not have to match what you're finding now as it can change. It's possible that price was the going price during the start of summer and as it is normal to happen prices change around labor day when football starts along with the return of new shows on primetime tv. What I meant by same price for the 3 at planetdish was the programming package price, there was no suggestion that you buy it outright and if it's so much garbage then why are you trying so hard to get it? You might be happier with a streaming service such as sling or directv streaming and their unlimited cloud dvr service and unlimited device streaming.

As far as dish scamming you I don't see it, I'm not a fan of the company nor some of their business practices but nothing that you've listed so far is a scam. They don't provide a hard copy as the prices are already stated, they can't give you the taxes and fees without adding your card and that's how it's been for as long as I can remember and the taxes and fees can be found easily by googling your states tax rates and fees for satellite tv and related taxes.

I don't ever remember dish providing a hard copy of their pricing like that, prices vary and can change without notice so the price on the flier does not have to match what you're finding now as it can change. It's possible that price was the going price during the start of summer and as it is normal to happen prices change around labor day when football starts along with the return of new shows on primetime tv. What I meant by same price for the 3 at planetdish was the programming package price, there was no suggestion that you buy it outright and if it's so much garbage then why are you trying so hard to get it? You might be happier with a streaming service such as sling or directv streaming and their unlimited cloud dvr service and unlimited device streaming.

As far as dish scamming you I don't see it, I'm not a fan of the company nor some of their business practices but nothing that you've listed so far is a scam. They don't provide a hard copy as the prices are already stated, they can't give you the taxes and fees without adding your card and that's how it's been for as long as I can remember and the taxes and fees can be found easily by googling your states tax rates and fees for satellite tv and related taxes.
No, the $500 pre approved Mastercard credit offer was received in the mail! Nope, not a old flyer or offer!

No why would anyone want the Hopper 3 - gee I don't know - maybe because the Hopper 2 that they will only allow you to add a online order does has enough tuners in it. They think is you only have 3 TVs you only really need a Hopper 2 for some reason.

Wow, what a deal at Planetdish - they list the America's Top 200 for $94.99 as opposed to $82.99 on the Dish Network website. I'll think I'll but two or three!

DirecTV doe snot have unlimited DVR. The so called unlimited DVd will erase shows after 9 months and above 30 episodes of a single - of course they can't even get that right because a authorized dealer flyer said programs are only retained 90 days. No way will I ever use DirectTV as they are compulsive liars without a single ounce of conscience.

They are not providing a hard copy of even the package and equipment costs.

They don't need my credit card. I can go to any number of online stores and order without an account or a credit card on file and all taxes and shipping are computed beforehand based on my zip code.

Not my job to look up sales tax; local options sales tax; local, state and federal government fees. That is their job. I don't work for them!

YOU CAN"T ADD THE HOPPER 3 BECAUSE THEIR ONLINE ORDERING SYSTEM IS BROKEN!

THE MAILED FLYER IS WRONG!

FYLER HAS THE WRONG PACKAGE PRICING!

FLYER DOES NOT HAVE EQUIPMENT PRICING, LEASE FEES, TAXES AND FEDERAL GOVERNMENT FEES!

CUSTOMER SERVICE REFUSES TO PROVIDE A PRINTED ITEMIZED LIST OF PRICES!

A BUNCH OF LYING SCAM ARTISTS LIKE LIKE DIRECTV!
That is why I said use the phone to order. The pricing on the flyer are correct. Adding the hopper 3 will add $10 per month more. It's all on the flyer. I studied the promotional flyer but needed to use a magnifying glass on the fine print. That is no different than any other piece of sales mail that one would get.

That is why I said use the phone to order. The pricing on the flyer are correct. Adding the hopper 3 will add $10 per month more. It's all on the flyer. I studied the promotional flyer but needed to use a magnifying glass on the fine print. That is no different than any other piece of sales mail that one would get.
What part of "CUSTOMER SERVICE REFUSES TO PROVIDE A PRINTED ITEMIZED LIST OF PRICES!" don't you understand?

Wow, what a deal at Planetdish - they list the America's Top 200 for $94.99 as opposed to $82.99 on the Dish Network website. I'll think I'll but two or three!
I saw that also. I believe that is a package price which includes the cost of the Hopper Duo and a handful of premium channels also. I don't know if it includes local channels. DISH website prices do not include local channels. Planetdish offers the Hopper 3 for $5 more. I think the standard Duo price is $10.

I assume that Planetdish is an independent dealer who can make up packages and price them however they wish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts