Why is Dish NOT splitting Noggin/The N

Van said:
(2) Swearing and insulting is allowed when your an adult and you get angry but not for your kids " Do as I say and not as I do "

Once again, you would be correct if there were children present. There aren't so your statement is moot.

I agree with you about this being a matter of E* providing the programming they should, but your assumption about swearing is way off base.

Whether or not there are children present shouldn't matter. Swearing at anyone for ANY reason is unacceptable. I've been guilty of it myself, but later I realize that it adds nothing to any sort of conversation or argument. I think that was Van's point.

As to the Noggin/N split. There really is no reason that E* isn't going along with the split. I'm fairly certain there was no large outcry to keep Nick GAS around, so why not split the two channels.

Lets put it like this.... ESPN and ESPN2 were on the same channel, to be split on a certian day. They had a really big (insert your favorite sport here) game planned for this day. Halfway through the game it switches to ESPN2 to watch (insert your least favorite sport here). How would that make you feel? You would be pissed. YOu would have the same reaction as some of us parents. So it really doesn't matter what kind of channel it was. It was the fact that Dish has a total disrespect for the viewers of its service.

And before you say "if you don't like it switch".... I fell into the 18 month commitment trap I would and I didn't have to pay thousands of dollars to switch to Direct I would.

Whether or not there are children present shouldn't matter. Swearing at anyone for ANY reason is unacceptable. I've been guilty of it myself, but later I realize that it adds nothing to any sort of conversation or argument.
Swearing and insulting other members is apparently allowed here now.

It is our choice

Here's my take on the situation. I too was upset that Noggin was not split. However, one look at my DVR showed we had enough saved to never run out of shows if junior needed to watch something at night. My frustration came when I called Dish Network to inquire why it wasn't 24/7. They argured with me that the networks weren't going 24/7 and I was then told that I would not be affected by this change. I simply asked for an answer and received "spin".

However, instead of taking my frustration out on some poor customer service rep reading a script, I simply looked at my options. Noggin was not the deal breaker for me, but it was one more reason for me to look elsewhere. For my location and my particular situation, I found my solution was to switch to my local cable provider, Cox Communications. I am saving money and will get Noggin 24/7 as well as HD at no extra charge. Win Win all the way around for me.

There are several television providers competing for our business. If we aren't happy with Provider X, we can always move to Provider Y. They all have their marketing gimmics and claim to be the best at something. I don't think anyone here is going to convince the other side to switch to their line of thinking. If you are happy with Dish, great, it works for you, but always has room for improvement. If you aren't happy with Dish, look to another provider to meet your needs.

I think most people just want an answer as to why. If it was going to take up additional bandwith, then please tell me what new channels you are going to use that bandwith for (HD I would hope). If it is a price dispute with the distributer, great, tell us so we know you are working in our best interests. Just please don't insult my intelligence by not answering the question or dancing around it.

This is ridiculous...I have seen more cursing and trash talking each other in this thread than any other (not including the war zones). And for what, a Childrens Channel!

Gentleman, lets just chill out a little bit.....

Here's my take on the situation. I too was upset that Noggin was not split. However, one look at my DVR showed we had enough saved to never run out of shows if junior needed to watch something at night.

Unfortunatly, I had just clean out the DVR of the childrens shows.

Ugh. My 3 year old likes a couple of the shows on Noggin, but in the evening we as a family are usually watching something else (I have 2 older children who tend to monopolize the TV). Even if it WERE available in the evenings, Noggin would not be watched outside of school hours in our home. My 3 year old would rather watch an old episode of Power Rangers, or maybe a movie, anyway.

Why is everyone here concerned with everyone else's kids? This is amazing to me as a Libertarian. Part of the problem we have in the country is that this is a society of busybodies. We're more concerned with telling everyone else how to live their lives (raise their kids, etc) than looking after our own back yards. How you raise your kids is no concern of mine, and how I raise my kids is no concern of yours, nor is it any concern of Dish Network, CBS or the government. Why should I expect CBS to curtail programming at a certain time of day, just because I'm too stupid to use the "off" button on my remote? If you want to let your kid watch Noggin at 11 pm, go for it! It's your kid, not mine, and therefore, none of my business or concern. I'll watch after my house, and you watch after yours. You don't peek into my backyard, and I won't peek into yours, okay?

Why is everyone here concerned with everyone else's kids? This is amazing to me as a Libertarian. Part of the problem we have in the country is that this is a society of busybodies. We're more concerned with telling everyone else how to live their lives (raise their kids, etc) than looking after our own back yards. How you raise your kids is no concern of mine, and how I raise my kids is no concern of yours, nor is it any concern of Dish Network, CBS or the government. Why should I expect CBS to curtail programming at a certain time of day, just because I'm too stupid to use the "off" button on my remote? If you want to let your kid watch Noggin at 11 pm, go for it! It's your kid, not mine, and therefore, none of my business or concern. I'll watch after my house, and you watch after yours. You don't peek into my backyard, and I won't peek into yours, okay?

Right on! Dish does need to inform Dish subs about future of Noggin/N. Any news would be good news on this long topic

Amen, brother.

eierd sky emxico oehte chane as rof ncik ahs to teh en but now they chaneg back to gas is back on sky mexico

on d igtal cabel systems teh n contineus int eh odl nic k ags palce

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)