Why is dish still missing games in HD?

What do you want in reguards to HD RSN's

• HD GAME Time only W/ Pregame and Post game only studio content

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Full HD all the time! All content in HD, or as the network provides.

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Dont care!

Votes: 11 32.4%

• Total voters
Does anyone actually know when Dish will have fulltime HD on its RSN's and what their problem is (besides Charlie not liking sports)? I have been a Dish customer for almost 13 years and I am finally running out of patience waiting for them to add MSG/MSG+ in HD. If they don't have it by next hockey season I am off to Direct or cable.

My assumptions is that its just dish being lazy. I havent heard of any technical or contractual reasons why they cant add these. If it was one of those situations, Scott would have gotten word by now (Trust me they would have had word out right away) what the issue was.

When, Eric was in charge of the Programming department, he was working on getting them lined up and ready for launch. When he left, it seems like they were just forgotten about and nobody really cared. That was back when HD was a luxury and about 180 HD channel launches earlyer.

Update:

Made it on to the Charlie Chat (Thank You) .... Charlie says next year this time.... Basically they need to launch more birds.... If they are waiting on the bird over at 61.5, I get that.... But Realistically, I think they could do it around September if everything went right. I still say keep on them though and document every game missed. Charlie also says that most people dont want to see the in studio content. I don't know what he's thinking as there is much more than in studio content, such as locally produced programs and collage / local games.

Update:

Made it on to the Charlie Chat (Thank You) .... Charlie says next year this time.... Basically they need to launch more birds.... If they are waiting on the bird over at 61.5, I get that.... But Realistically, I think they could do it around September if everything went right. I still say keep on them though and document every game missed. Charlie also says that most people dont want to see the in studio content. I don't know what he's thinking as there is much more than in studio content, such as locally produced programs and collage / local games.
Even if they go full time HD on rsn's will they pick up all over flow HD feeds?

Charlie also says that most people dont want to see the in studio content. I don't know what he's thinking as there is much more than in studio content, such as locally produced programs and collage / local games.

Do a poll here at Satguys and most will agree with Charlie. He also said that most people prefer to watch the game in HD than the studio content.

Of course you need to have the required dish to receive the 16 new HD channels. I agree from a marketing perspective when looking for new customers 16 new HD's vs the local RSN in HD makes more business sense. However Dish just doesn't want to treat their existing subs as valuable...NESN carries the Bruins and Red Sox, throughout 6 STATES!!!! it would seem that might be a bunch of subs that would like full time HD...I know it has been said before but Direct caters to the sports fan and DIsh does not. I guess it boils down to pay more with Direct and have a full time HD RSN or stay with Dish and get most games in HD.

Ross

This isnt like the major sporting packages directv offers, also on the pricing point other providers who dont offer the sporting packages such as Uverse, Comcast, Fios, ect are priced the same or a buck or two more than Dish. Its about providing the basic level of programming that other providers have set the standard for, and dish refuses to follow the standard set by directv and other providers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)