Why is dish still missing games in HD?

What do you want in reguards to HD RSN's

• HD GAME Time only W/ Pregame and Post game only studio content

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Full HD all the time! All content in HD, or as the network provides.

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Dont care!

Votes: 11 32.4%

• Total voters
he's making money..till that stops u r sol on full time RSN's

He will always make money even when he's not adding subs, because the capital is coming in and he's not spending as much on equipment costs. Really, if charlie added them, he would make more money as more subs would be coming on board.

Where have you seen me complain about PQ in the past 6 months? Only once or twice and that was because the encoders dish was using was bad!!!!!

Seemed to me to be a complaint when you asked Dish to devote an entire transpoder to some westling or MMA PPV event.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I was charlie, I would be ashamed.....

I would be ashamed if I was Charlie, to know that I couldn't man up and negotiate for channels such as ESPNU, AMCHD, IFCHD, HDRSN's, Ect. I would be ashamed to know that I couldn't settle things for the sake of the Customers with my lawsuits. You can negotate around lawsuites, or just plain out settle them. Some times in business you have to over look things, which charlie seems to not do. Instead, it seems that they have to get sued or sue somebody. Every day on this board I see requests such as ESPNU, and the other channels mentioned above. It must be sad in charlies world to know, that he cant give the programming that people want. Charlie you must change your ways!

For all of those peeps out there who say Oh, its goaliebob whining again.. Here is your quote of the year!

The day Charlie is out of court forever is the same day that I stop complaining about the lack of HDRSN's on Dish Network and the programming they don't provide that customers want. That day is NEVER, or aka "Soon"!

Seemed to me to be a complaint when you asked Dish to devote an entire transpoder to some westling or MMA PPV event.

It was available why not use it? What you dont understand about the bandwidth that's up there, its a use or loose kind of thing... If your not using it, your loosing it. Satellites only last for so long up there. If you have the space IE a transponder, and you know that nothing is going to occupy that space during that time frame why not use it... Really it seems like a no brainer to me...

But then again I'm thinking 80 billion steps above the level that most here on this board can see.

BTW it wasnt a complaint.. Any one with a 6th grade reading level could see that it was a request.

You are beginning to sound a bit like Haller, Bob. You keep rehashing the same old things over and over, starting new threads and such. I too want ESPNU-HD and 24/7 HDRSNs but you aren't going to make it happen by saying the same thing over and over at Satguys, you need to go directly to the source.

You are beginning to sound a bit like Haller, Bob. You keep rehashing the same old things over and over, starting new threads and such. I too want ESPNU-HD and 24/7 HDRSNs but you aren't going to make it happen by saying the same thing over and over at Satguys, you need to go directly to the source.

Give me charlies number and Ill go directly to him.. one on one.... I'm not talking about some special CSR line... I want to talk to the man directly on an uncadid, what is said is mono vs mono and stays between us... I'm not going to do anything bad or any crazy things.. I just want to let him know where his faults are at, how I think he could improve, and how to fix things..

Personally, Charlie is a great guy... But the things he's doing with this company business wise are the wrong direction. I really hope that he listens, or is listening.. But then again I don't see any anyone setting me straight saying no this is the way it is and this is why.... I think the real problem is dish has gotten to big, and to corporatetized to do any real fixing in the company.

It was available why not use it? What you dont understand about the bandwidth that's up there, its a use or loose kind of thing... If your not using it, your loosing it. Satellites only last for so long up there. If you have the space IE a transponder, and you know that nothing is going to occupy that space during that time frame why not use it... Really it seems like a no brainer to me...

But then again I'm thinking 80 billion steps above the level that most here on this board can see.

BTW it wasnt a complaint.. Any one with a 6th grade reading level could see that it was a request.

Speaking of sixth grade reading level, it is losing, not loosing. I guess grammar doesn't matter to someone who claims to be so intelligent, that is, "But then again I'm thinking 80 billion steps above the level that most here on this board can see".

Narcissistic much??

Who gives a crap about the post game stuff in HD? If the Sabres ever win the cup, I'll be too busy screaming through the streets to watch the post game crap.

Thanks, Scott, I just saw my threads dissapear and said WTF? Now I know where they are at.. :) Scott would you like to give any insight on what dish intends to do to fix this very serious problem...

Speaking of sixth grade reading level, it is losing, not loosing. I guess grammar doesn't matter to someone who claims to be so intelligent, that is, "But then again I'm thinking 80 billion steps above the level that most here on this board can see".

Narcissistic much??

Who gives a crap about the post game stuff in HD? If the Sabres ever win the cup, I'll be too busy screaming through the streets to watch the post game crap.

Apparently I and a few million others do..

The carryover also was huge. Comcast SportsNet averaged a 2.0 rating for its three hours of postgame coverage, peaking at a 3.0.
One last mind-blowing rating for Hawks | Business of Sports with Ed Sherman | Crain's Chicago Business

Goaliebob...

If you're not happy with Dish's programming, why not leave? You keep mentioning other providers that have the programming you want, why stay with Dish?

I get you think Dish should do 'x'. Others think Dish should do 'y'. Still others are happy with 'z'. Other subscribers agree with you, others don't. You need to make a decision based on YOU.

I have yet to hear of anyone going to a message board and successfully getting a company to change a policy. So why start all the threads?

DirecTV finally got me with the HR-24 fixing the speed problem on the receivers and their matching Dish's Free HD for Life promo. I contemplated waiting around for Dish to add full time HD RSNs, but with the FreeHD promo in combination with their new (well, new official) MRV solution it just became time to switch.

Ironically, over in the DirecTV forums there is complaining about the lack of HD movie channels on D*. Sigh.
deadhorse.gif

CSN will have the Chicago Blackhawks: 2010 Championship Parade & Rally in HD and a replay of the game in HD tonight as well.

ON D*, ATT&T, Comcast, RCN, WOW but not on DISH.

also with the crosstown comeing up will dish cheap out and just see the game in HD on wgn and not show the CSN HD feed?

Goaliebob...

If you're not happy with Dish's programming, why not leave? You keep mentioning other providers that have the programming you want, why stay with Dish?

I get you think Dish should do 'x'. Others think Dish should do 'y'. Still others are happy with 'z'. Other subscribers agree with you, others don't. You need to make a decision based on YOU.

I have yet to hear of anyone going to a message board and successfully getting a company to change a policy. So why start all the threads?

Two reasons, One Contractual.... Two... The equipment... If dish did what provider Z did with their programming, or meet them half way, then I would be a happy camper!

CSN will have the Chicago Blackhawks: 2010 Championship Parade & Rally in HD and a replay of the game in HD tonight as well.

ON D*, ATT&T, Comcast, RCN, WOW but not on DISH.

also with the crosstown comeing up will dish cheap out and just see the game in HD on wgn and not show the CSN HD feed?

All very good points and questions.... I'm planning on being at the rally tomorrow, and I might be swinging by Wrigley for the classic, but it looks like those plans might be scratched.. :(

also I hear Directv has 20 HD, 26 HD and 50 HD in testing / coming soon.

will dish have them? 26 HD was been long requested on D* Viewing sports on 26 and 50 looks poor on D* but at least I can switch over to OTA to view them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)