Why is dish still missing games in HD?

What do you want in reguards to HD RSN's

• HD GAME Time only W/ Pregame and Post game only studio content

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Full HD all the time! All content in HD, or as the network provides.

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Dont care!

Votes: 11 32.4%

• Total voters
THe game was on NBC exclusive!!!!! So you are to blame if you didnt watch it in HD! Your post is all horse hockey!!!!!!!

Yes the game was on NBC and I did see the game it self in HD, but after the game coverage was not such as the players getting drunk in the locker room, Guys at the podeum, ect. This is about the local coverage that dish is missing out on! What you didnt see on NBC is the Celebration that is going on RIGHT Now down in wrigleyville, or the Celebration at the UC right now All in HD! You are not seeing the Celebration on the ICE, and the celebration with the player's familys in the halls and locker rooms in Pittsburg!!!!!!

Also, If I want to be able to watch a replay of a game at 1 in the morning in HD on my local RSN, I should be able to. Or if I want to watch sportsnight in HD, I should be able to........

What's horse hockey is dish's lack of commitment to sports fans. What's Horse hockey is the fact that coustomers have to horass, complain and pull Charlies hair to get things done.

It was basically the same coverage on the major four networks that CSN had. I'm guessing the coverage on Versus and NHL Network was probably similar as well, although I didn't switch over to those. So, six HD options and you spent 5-10 minutes typing this up complaining when you could have been more thoroughly enjoying the first Chicago Stanley cup in 49 years... c'mon. Enjoy it!

THe game was on NBC exclusive!!!!! So you are to blame if you didnt watch it in HD! Your post is all horse hockey!!!!!!!

BTW You didnt read my first line where I said COVERAGE in HD! Also Comcast Sports Net Airs more games in HD than NBC or any other provider out there, and even with the NHL and NBA seasons over, dish still manages to miss out on games. They still pick and choose what programming you see.

Infact, it's kind of NAZI ish.. Who is dish to say what games I can and cant see.... Its almost like dish wants to sensor what teams you watch. Last time I looked this is america, and Dish you should be giving your coustomers choice.... Choice in what programs they want such as NBA, NHL, NFL, MLB, Nascar ect. Charlie and company has lost the basic fundmentals and thats giving the coustomer the best choice and channel selection avaliable. They have not done a very good job at that, and there lineup is blurring very much when you start comparing providers. Dish doesnt have the upperhand they had at one time. The only thing that dish does have going for them is their advertising.

It was basically the same coverage on the major four networks that CSN had. I'm guessing the coverage on Versus and NHL Network was probably similar as well, although I didn't switch over to those. So, six HD options and you spent 5-10 minutes typing this up complaining when you could have been more thoroughly enjoying the first Chicago Stanley cup in 49 years... c'mon. Enjoy it!

Looking at the major 4 networks right now, all of them are not covering the celebration, only CSNCH is. Yes they had their coverage for the first hour or so after the game, but right now who's covering the hawks, Nobody but CSNCH! They are still going live talking to players all in HD!

wow- so you did see the game in HD?

Maybe you should've went to a bar. Then you could've stayed up all night watching the announcers asking the same questions to everyone. You could've watched all the beer getting poured over their heads.

C'mon- you saw the game, relish it and buy the DVD.

Infact, it's kind of NAZI ish.. Who is dish to say what games I can and cant see....
umm, they are the provider. They DO get to say what games (and programs) they will provide. Don't like it? Switch providers.
Its almost like dish wants to sensor what teams you watch. Last time I looked this is america, and Dish you should be giving your coustomers choice....
Last time I looked, this is america, and companies are allowed to offer whatever products they like (as long as it's legal). If companies don't offer the right product, or charge too much for the right product, customers won't buy from them and they'll go out of business.

They have not done a very good job at that, and there lineup is blurring very much when you start comparing providers. Dish doesnt have the upperhand they had at one time.
Then why don't you "compare" providers and switch. You mention a number of providers that will give you the programming you want... why not go to them?

In the past, Dish only had live pro games and sometimes the post game coverage in HD (and not every game for that matter) so if they do not give you the game in HD on your rsn, WHY WOULD YOU EXPECT THE POST GAME? Your team won and you are complaining?

In the past, Dish only had live pro games and sometimes the post game coverage in HD (and not every game for that matter) so if they do not give you the game in HD on your rsn, WHY WOULD YOU EXPECT THE POST GAME? Your team won and you are complaining?

proof that he and haller are going to complain no matter what. Personally, I am finding some glee in knowing that he can't enjoy the Blackhawk winning Lord Stanley's Cup because he couldn't see a bunch of no teethed hockey players get drunk in HD.

SHAME ON DISH! Chicago blackhawks win the Stanley cup, first time in over 40 years. Comcast Sports Net Chicago has coverage in HD, But not on Dish. Thank you Charlie for being so dedicated to local sports programming that you give it to us in a reduced quality than what it was produced in! Thank you for being the sports man who doesnt give coustomers what they want and that's their local sports in HD and other channels national channels such as MLB network, ESPNU, and AMC, IFC Ect.

If you feel so strongly about this, the only way to deal with it is 'speak with your feet'. If enough people do, then things will change. I am an avid hockey fan too. Since my beloved Red Wings went down in flames this year, I have adopted the 'Blackhawks'. I was very pleased to see them win the Stanley Cup this year. It was a long time in coming and it was well deserved.

And to those who do not have a passion for the sport and view it as just a bunch of 'toothless' hockey players, I will tell you that the Stanley Cup is one of the most difficult trophies to win in all of sports.

But, to each their own! Go Blackhawks!! :up

Ed

proof that he and haller are going to complain no matter what. Personally, I am finding some glee in knowing that he can't enjoy the Blackhawk winning Lord Stanley's Cup because he couldn't see a bunch of no teethed hockey players get drunk in HD.
+1000

Give him it in HD, and he would complain about PQ.

Bob, Dish didn't have it when you signed up. If you wanted it, you should have stuck with DirecTV. I, for one, am thankful to have a provider that doesn't worship all things sports.

What you didnt see on NBC is the Celebration that is going on RIGHT Now down in wrigleyville, or the Celebration at the UC right now All in HD! You are not seeing the Celebration on the ICE, and the celebration with the player's familys in the halls and locker rooms in Pittsburg!!!!!!

Really?? Would it give your life more meaning if you saw all that?

Take it from a dude in Buffalo......one who has lived through 4 Super Bowl and 2 Stanley Cup loses.......enjoy the bigger picture of what it is.

Complaining about a satellite provider's lack of HD coverage, not lack of coverage but lack of HD coverage, is downright petty IMO. :confused:

+1000

Bob, Dish didn't have it when you signed up. If you wanted it, you should have stuck with DirecTV. I, for one, am thankful to have a provider that doesn't worship all things sports.

Amen, you knew what you were getting when you signed up. They haven't taken full time HD away from you, it was never there.

SHAME ON DISH! Chicago blackhawks win the Stanley cup, first time in over 40 years. Comcast Sports Net Chicago has coverage in HD, But not on Dish. Thank you Charlie for being so dedicated to local sports programming that you give it to us in a reduced quality than what it was produced in! Thank you for being the sports man who doesnt give coustomers what they want and that's their local sports in HD and other channels national channels such as MLB network, ESPNU, and AMC, IFC Ect. Put your ego in check and for the sake of coustomers make some deals!

Thank You Charlie for living in the past as and not bringing your system into the future of offering what every national and local providers do, and that's local sports programming from thier Regional RSN in HD! I dont belive that cost is a factor as when you compare dish to these providers, the packages are priced evenly

Shame on you! This is history and with Dish Network I saw it in SD! Dish dedicated to bringing you the national programming you dont want to see such as Reelz, WFN, Shorts, MAVTV!
I'm very dissapointed and belive you and me, I will not shut up until I can see CSNCHHD full time, no restrictions, All programming 100 percent HD all the time from the network. Infact, give it to everybody!

An unbeliveable moment in time, reduced to nothing because Dish Network refuses to answer to coustomer calls and becuase they cant keep their ego's in check. HD is now the standard and its high time that dish gets with the programming.

Dish, this is your time to fix it before this becomes a big liablity to your company in many ways! Very dissapointed, and btw guys I'm right. Charlie, Jim, David, and Carl get your dam blinders off allready, if the programming department doesnt shape up, they will run your company into the ground.

Charlie my message to you. Stop being so dam cheap and get with the program allready.

Bob, first congrats on the Cup, from a Wings fan, I know it feels good.Though on to the part I bolded, I would think (correct me if I am wrong) that the average Dish sub would take the more national HD over sports. But I could see how it would suck to not the post game celebrating in HD

CHeck the HDALT channels, last night, a good example twins we not on or listed to be on FSNHD, but were on one of the alt channels in HD.

The real reason is that charlie cant part with the benjamins that are stuck in his wallet. He got a "steal" when he negociated the RSN-HD contracts.. He just didnt think that customers would realize they don't get every game in HD

Yep thats the same way I feel. Im only hard here on charlie because I want him to fix things and get it right. I honestly love the dude, but dam charlie your running dish into the ground. Once Full time HD RSN's light up, I honestly wouldnt have any reason to move around. Shure I would still want channels like sprout in HD, but they wouldnt be the dealbreaker that not having your RSN in HD is.
he's making money..till that stops u r sol on full time RSN's

+1000

Where have you seen me complain about PQ in the past 6 months? Only once or twice and that was because the encoders dish was using was bad!!!!!

Really?? Would it give your life more meaning if you saw all that?

Take it from a dude in Buffalo......one who has lived through 4 Super Bowl and 2 Stanley Cup loses.......enjoy the bigger picture of what it is.

Complaining about a satellite provider's lack of HD coverage, not lack of coverage but lack of HD coverage, is downright petty IMO. :confused:

HD is the standard. If its on in dish in SD, it should be on in HD. If Dish cant adapt to it then they should go out of business.

He complained when he had directv too

The only thing that I complained with Directv was the lack of movie channels.. Directv is changing there way's now. Also, in order to get everything you have to go with two providers. It shouldn't be like that.

Amen, you knew what you were getting when you signed up. They haven't taken full time HD away from you, it was never there.

Your right, Dish has NEVER provided these channels in Full time HD. Wich shows how pathetic dish is when it comes to programming choices. They will always be second best when ever it comes to programming. Charlie says he wants to be the number 1 provider when it comes to multichannel pay tv. I don't believe it.. If he seriosuly wanted to be the number 1 provider, he would make concessions to bring channels such as HDRSN's and ESPNU / AMC / IFC. Fighting for the coustomers dollar angle isnt going to cut it any more.

Bob, first congrats on the Cup, from a Wings fan, I know it feels good.Though on to the part I bolded, I would think (correct me if I am wrong) that the average Dish sub would take the more national HD over sports. But I could see how it would suck to not the post game celebrating in HD

Thanks :) I know how hard it is for people to not take a 2nd and alternate point of view around here. Infact all the people who posted against me in this thread just want to accept status quo. Status quo (IE the programming department) is going to end up Charlie in the crapper just like how the advertising department did at one time. Remember those 9 months of nothing but subscriber declines.

Charlie you finally fixed the Advertising department... They do great things for you... But the programming department is killing you. Im not saying warship all things sports like Directv and others around here think, Think I think you should do. All I'm asking for as a customer is to have my Local sports programming on my RSN in HD in full time. If you don't get the Sunday ticket package, that's fine.... If you don't get the MLB package that's fine... What I do expect of you is to offer all RSN's In HD full time! If people cant see there games, and local sports programming in HD, then why do you even bother. That's like missing ESPN or MTV from your lineup.. But then again, you have done that in the past and look where it landed you... With a bunch of pissed off subs. Why not make them happy.... I have always said the one thing that would keep me from leaving dish, would be my RSN in HD. Add that, and I would sign a 5 year contract because I have no reason to leave.

This is the one place where you are very weak. Why not improve your weak spots as you are only as strong as your weakest link! Its your company.. Rune it if you must, but what do I know... I'm only the customer!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)