Why no AMC HD? (Now Live Sept 9th)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Man, I really hope they don't add all these channels listed above and drop the picture QUALITY ....

I'm not sure there are 10 channels in that list that are worth spending bandwidth on....

I really would rather have them add a few MAJOR channels than all the crap being talked about here.

I, in NO WAY want D* the "Leader in HD" if thats what you want to argue about, just so they can SAY they are, in number.

I want them to be the Leader in HD Picture QUALITY.

Exactly. Most of the channels that the trolls keep throwing out on their "DirecTV sucks because this is what they don't have in HD" lists are obscure niche crap (and like I said, they also pad their lists with HSN, QVC, and other stupid shopping channels that have no business leeching bandwidth). AMC, BBCA, tru, DIY, Hint, iD, ok. But they don't need to go nuts adding niche until they have D14 in orbit.

Exactly. Most of the channels that the trolls keep throwing out on their "DirecTV sucks because this is what they don't have in HD" lists are obscure niche crap (and like I said, they also pad their lists with HSN, QVC, and other stupid shopping channels that have no business leeching bandwidth). AMC, BBCA, tru, DIY, Hint, iD, ok. But they don't need to go nuts adding niche until they have D14 in orbit.

Trolls? The thread started with a simple question and you turn it into a bashing those that disagree with you contest..

Trolls? The thread started with a simple question and you turn it into a bashing those that disagree with you contest..

Oh no you dont. You don't get to delete my retort to a post by you that calls me out (might even constitute 'flaming').

I did NOT start ANYTHING. I simply debunked LIES and called out the TROLLS.

What part of KNOCK IT OFF dont you get?

This is not the 1st time you've done this (argue with folks over the stupidest stuff)....

Iceberg said:
What part of KNOCK IT OFF dont you get?

This is not the 1st time you've done this (argue with folks over the stupidest stuff)....

Wish this was Facebook and I could give a "thumbs up"

Over on the "other" website it has been alluded to that this is coming next week. Everybody will know for sure tomorrow as the new channel is supposed to be on test.

Last edited:
AMC HD is up in Test (replacing 131 CINIEHD) and AMC HD will go 'live' on 09/09 at 6AM Eastern.

Just received a Tweet from D* that read "Starting Sept 9th watch @AMC_TV in HD on DIRECTV! Catch all of your favorite shows: @MadMen_AMC, @BreakingBad_AMC & @WalkingDead_AMC"

Now all they need for me is BBC America-HD and I will be on the phone with them To
Sign back up.

Direct must be pretty excited about this add they also announced it on the FB page today

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

I hope AMC does a Walking Dead marathon of season 1. I would love to watch this in HD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)