Wii u

Microsoft has NEVER been able to gain traction in Japan. Honestly I don't see why they even bother. I guess it doesn't "look" good to give up on Japan, but Sony and Nintendo are so entrenched there that it seems impossible.

The 360 is selling so badly there, that it's been out in Japan about twice as long as the Original Xbox was, but the original Xbox sold more over it's lifetime than the 360 has (~2 Million vs ~1.65 million.)

Back to Nintendo, looks like the old online service is about to be shut down:
http://www.engadget.com/2014/02/26/nintendo-japan-wii-ds-multiplayer-3ds-video-shutdown/

Was at BJ's yesterday and saw the Wii U price reduced. Looks like it's getting steadily closer to my price point! Although to be honest, I think I'd have to wait until that New Super Mario Bros U bundle came down to $200 before I jump on it. Oh, and on another note that PS3 to the left of it was listed as being a PS Vita.
20140305_164800.jpg

Make that the normal price on a bundle with a more popular game and they might finally move some units.
Exactly. If they made their Super Mario U bundle $200 I'd be all over that, but $200 with no game isn't a great deal since you can get bundles that with the game are actually cheaper. Still, this is progress. I'm willing to bet that such bundles will be $200 before the end of the year, whether they're from Nintendo themselves, or from retailers trying to move units on their own. We got close this past Christmas, and if they want to stay competitive with M$ and Sony they're going to have to push the low price aspect.

I finally got to have some time with the Wii U today with Super Mario 3D World. I actually felt bad afterwards because I really liked playing it (and am a big fan of playing Mario games while dropping a deuce,) but of course at this point there's no real benefit in getting the Wii U until the bundle price inevitably comes down. Then again I HAVE recently got a new job, and I'm an impatient brat, but we'll see what happens. I'm not buying ANYTHING until I get done with the South Park game (which I'll comment on later in the appropriate thread.)

Well, after considering some factors, I actually decided to pick up a Wii U Refurbished with that deal. Even though the price is steadily coming down, I think it's going to be a good amount of time before we get a Wii U Bundle for $200 like the Super Mario U games. Also, my Gamefly account is somewhat dormant, and since the Wii U has such a small base it won't be hard to go through the games I want. I mean I don't see myself having the need to BUY most of these games. It's not like the Wii U has a lot of multiplayer games, or games that are enhanced with constant DLC as developers are viewing it as not worth it.

In the end, maybe not the most reasonable purchase I have made, but in the short term I definitely see myself having more with that than I do the One or the PS4..

Well, after considering some factors, I actually decided to pick up a Wii U Refurbished with that deal. Even though the price is steadily coming down, I think it's going to be a good amount of time before we get a Wii U Bundle for $200 like the Super Mario U games. Also, my Gamefly account is somewhat dormant, and since the Wii U has such a small base it won't be hard to go through the games I want. I mean I don't see myself having the need to BUY most of these games. It's not like the Wii U has a lot of multiplayer games, or games that are enhanced with constant DLC as developers are viewing it as not worth it.

In the end, maybe not the most reasonable purchase I have made, but in the short term I definitely see myself having more with that than I do the One or the PS4..

$200 is definitely not a bad price. I think you're dead on about the value of Gamefly for Nintendo gamers too. Other games seem to drop in price relatively quickly on Amazon and other retailers. Nintendo seems to keep them right near full price, even years after release somehow. That, plus the lack of multiplayer you mentioned, makes them perfect rental candidates.

Recently purchased the new donkey kong game as my son has been asking for it. Its not to bad, even I enjoyed it a bit

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

$200 is definitely not a bad price. I think you're dead on about the value of Gamefly for Nintendo gamers too. Other games seem to drop in price relatively quickly on Amazon and other retailers. Nintendo seems to keep them right near full price, even years after release somehow. That, plus the lack of multiplayer you mentioned, makes them perfect rental candidates.
Not looking forward to trying to justify this purchase to the Missus. Also not looking forward to trying to keep this away from my kids. It's one thing to drop an Xbox 360 controller. God forbid it breaks, they're easy to replace. Not the same for the Wii U Pad...

Not looking forward to trying to justify this purchase to the Missus. Also not looking forward to trying to keep this away from my kids. It's one thing to drop an Xbox 360 controller. God forbid it breaks, they're easy to replace. Not the same for the Wii U Pad...
They have nerf type cases for the gamepad to protect them if/when the younger kids drop it.

They have nerf type cases for the gamepad to protect them if/when the younger kids drop it.
Yeah I saw that. I'll probably end up getting one, but it stinks they don't have something like an otterbox case that would protect it better if it fell down "face" first. I don't like the idea of the analog sticks taking the brunt of the fall.

Got notification that it shipped today. Just wish that it wasn't shipping all the way from Washington state. Have to wait a week, although this does give me more time to plow through Stick of Truth so I can get a free spot for my Wii U games.

Wow... this Japanese Wii U ad is embarrassingly bad. It's even worse when you realize that 95% of what they talk about the Wii U can do can also be done with about 3 different electronics that nearly everyone already has. Maybe tech adoption is different in Japan, but ads like this are NOT what Nintendo needs to turn things around.

http://kotaku.com/awkward-nintendo-video-gamily-forgets-wii-u-games-1542932829

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts