Will there be any channel showing the "yule log" loop on E*?

Before this gets out of hand, the dates listed could come and go with NO new HD channels. People will get their hopes up though, others will be scanning the program guide starting at midnight of the 23rd or 24th, forcing guide updates, and so on....

This is "odd", no doubt, but it doesn't mean anything definitive.

they Have room for more HD channels, if you read digiblurs posts I believe he has said close to 10 Hd channels could be added (according to his calcualtions and if they want to fill up 100%

They have to leave some empty transponders for backup in case of failure. I don't know if they have room for 10 HD channels but there's definitely room for some HD channels to be added (3 or 4 maybe).

thanks randall,on another thread someone said they r showing scifi hd in the prog.guide,i'm at work is it there?

If I had to bet I would say the listing service shows those channels and doesn't have anything to do with Dish.

...on the other hand I remember when Dish launched dishnetwork.com/bigten they showed a couple of BTN games on the schedule BEFORE BTN went live...

As Poke would say we'll half to wait and see...

Dish also has commitments for some of those channels. Speculation has centered on Speed HD and two or three new HD offerings from ESPN (News HD, ESPNU HD, and a NEW ESPN channel).

So some of those 10 available spots are "Spoken for". Speed HD is launching in February and the ESPN channels are launching in the Spring and SUmmer. Personally, I am 80-90% sure Dish will carry those at or near launch.

I am pretty sure that accounts for at least three of the "open" TPs.

I just checked their programing guide for today...and they marked what program is in HD for USA and FX. I think this is not coming from E* but from the company they have to list all the programs of each channel. Since those channels offer HD they guide shows them...but E* does not carry them. If I am wrong..then right now we could see USA in HD.

Oh people, just switch to Direct and end your pain!!! :D The grass is indeed green (and with more pixels) on the other side!

Good suggestion.

I will call today and pay my cancellation fee with Dish Network and the equipment fee for 2 HD DVRs with Directv. Wait that's almost $1000, I guess not.

Oh people, just switch to Direct and end your pain!!! :D The grass is indeed green (and with more pixels) on the other side!

Why are you even in this forum anyway? If it is so much better on the other side, please, by all means, stay over there. With all the HD channels you guys have, I'm surprised that you have time to get on the site and make comments about our lack thereof.

From TVPredictions.com

EchoStar's Dish Network to Add MOJO?
The channel is listed on EchoStar's web site
By Swanni

Washington, D.C. (December 19, 2007) -- EchoStar's Dish Network could be close to adding MOJO, the high-def network owned by a cable TV consortium.

At the web site for Dish magazine, the programming guide for Dish Network, MOJO is listed as one of the Dish channels that will offer "holiday programming" this month.

When you click on MOJO HD at the site, three programs are listed, starting with MOJO's annual "Yule Log" broadcast which begins at 7 a.m. ET on Christmas day.

Francie Bauer, an EchoStar spokeswoman, this morning said the magazine listing is a "misprint." However, she refused to comment further when asked if the company was denying that it would add MOJO by January 1.

A MOJO spokeswoman had yet to respond to our inquiry this morning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)