Will there be any channel showing the "yule log" loop on E*?

From TVPredictions.com

EchoStar's Dish Network to Add MOJO?
The channel is listed on EchoStar's web site
By Swanni

Washington, D.C. (December 19, 2007) -- EchoStar's Dish Network could be close to adding MOJO, the high-def network owned by a cable TV consortium.

At the web site for Dish magazine, the programming guide for Dish Network, MOJO is listed as one of the Dish channels that will offer "holiday programming" this month.

When you click on MOJO HD at the site, three programs are listed, starting with MOJO's annual "Yule Log" broadcast which begins at 7 a.m. ET on Christmas day.

Francie Bauer, an EchoStar spokeswoman, this morning said the magazine listing is a "misprint." However, she refused to comment further when asked if the company was denying that it would add MOJO by January 1.

A MOJO spokeswoman had yet to respond to our inquiry this morning.

See post #32.

He was mentioning that another media outlet picked up the story.

Do you have a problem with my posts? There's a feature called "ignore", you can add me to the list. It seems that you just follow my posts just to post a smart ass comment.

My point is that the post is meaningless because of what Scott posted.

Just got this in my inbox from the Dish PR department...

Per the HD channels (MOJO, Smithsonian HD)- it's an error/ misprint on the Web site.

Hopefully this is just PR spin and they are saving the announcement. MOJO (INHD) is very high on my wish list. Especially since it was uplinked in the past.

Man, I told myself I wasn't going to get my hopes up but apparently I did, because Scott's last post really deflated me. Very disappointing. I still have a sliver of hope that they are just trying to not show their hand, but I doubt it.

Hopefully this is just PR spin and they are saving the announcement. MOJO (INHD) is very high on my wish list. Especially since it was uplinked in the past.

I mean, really, how do you print MOJO (and Smithsonian-HD) IN ERROR? What did they intend to print: USA and RaveHD? I mean if I had a printer that turned USA into MOJO and Rave into Smithsonian I'd do a real rethink of my purchasing decisions.

Dish is quickly becoming the laughingstock of providers (and that's no mean feat considering Dolan/Cablevision is still around).

=NLK=

Not mine. I had Mojo with cable before I switched to E*. It's the only channel I don't get that I received before, and I don't miss it. I think USA/SciFi are much better choices, even though they "display less HD content"

All the channels are no longer listed in the network pull down menu...

However do a search for the Yule Log and you will see see listings for MOJO. :)

Two weeks ago E* said it was a “misquote” when an Arizona paper quoted E* as saying 100 HD channels by year end, now this misprint debacle. Frankly I hope folks just assume nothing will happen and if anything is to happen it would be a pleasant surprise.

Or just switch to D* already, what’s the problem? I on the other hand have not turned my new 50” plasma on (which I bought right before Thanksgiving with great anticipation) much at all. Nothing on TV is worth my time these days, HD or not. What a waste.

I agree with jacmyoung... just assume nothing will happen and if anything is to happen it would be a pleasant surprise.

I also agree entirely with the comment that nothing on TV these days is worth anything. My 50" HDTV is primarily used for watching movies... DVDs (SD, but widescreen only) or sometimes there's something good on an HD movie channel. We rarely even turn on any of the other TVs in the house.

... just assume nothing will happen and if anything is to happen it would be a pleasant surprise.
People can't function that way though.... As some have admitted, they got all worked up and then, as one said, "deflated" when Scott posted that it was an error.

I would like more HD channels but my life goes on just fine with what I have today. If a new one shows up tomorrow, great, but it's not that big of a deal.

People can't function that way though.... As some have admitted, they got all worked up and then, as one said, "deflated" when Scott posted that it was an error.

I would like more HD channels but my life goes on just fine with what I have today. If a new one shows up tomorrow, great, but it's not that big of a deal.

My life goes on also. I would just like to have a little more of hd in my life.:D

How about giving credit to your source there Swanni...

Careful, maybe you need to credit Swanni... because he wrote this up as if he'd found it. The Almighty Swanni who will put up his record of predictions up against anyone...

Thank You! I mean wait just a second....WHO cam acrossthis??? I did!

At lest Scott (Greczkowski) cited his source when he posted it on the fount page. That Swanni guy (never heard of him) better re-write that article. He makes it sound like HE did everything and came across it himself. Thank you to the people who actually cite there sources, and not just plagiarize something and call it your OWN perdition.

I find it so bazaar and amazing how a random thought that came through my head during the day, turned into a hot topic all over the internet!

-Scott

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)